PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conflicting report: Patriots are NOT expected to tag Trey Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense. Tag Brown for one year at 15.5 and give Flowers a contract for like 14 in a way that spreads the cap hit out. Yes they can make the money work.

People fall in love. I’ve stopped that practice years ago.

I do not think he is returning, nor did I ever. Mason was re-upped and I bet Flowers was offered lotsa $, but he figured (correctly) that he’d make more on the open market.

There is nothing wrong with moving on if the price isn’t right. NE will reload with cheaper options. No question I’d rather Flowers be on the squad for the next few years. But not at 17M$.

Amazing pick in the fourth round. Far exceeded his slot.

People fall in love. I’ve stopped that practice years ago.

I do not think he is returning, nor did I ever. Mason was re-upped and I bet Flowers was offered lotsa $, but he figured (correctly) that he’d make more on the open market.

There is nothing wrong with moving on if the price isn’t right. NE will reload with cheaper options. No question I’d rather Flowers be on the squad for the next few years. But not at 17M$.

Amazing pick in the fourth round. Far exceeded his slot.

100% agree. Good player but I get the feeling from some people that they think Flowers is the greatest defensive player that has ever walked human earth.

The Patriots will continue to win a lot of ball games if he walks. 17M would be overpay for Flowers and if that's what it takes I am happy about moving on.

In 2 weeks we'll know if someone is "it."

Has two Super Bowl rings, if he walks for more money then fair enough, he’s only one play away from never playing again. If he stays then I’m happy.

Either way he has to do what’s right for him.

If the Pats don’t tag him, he’ll be the best DL on the market by default as other DE’s are expected to get tagged.

SF is one team that could be in desperation mode in keeping up with the Rams and even the Seahawks. Their D-line needs more than Buckner and Solomon Thomas has been nothing short of a bust. That was a disastrous pick.

Detroit is another team because of Patricia.

I'll simply go with the opposite of whatever Felger and Mazz claim.
“YOU CAN’T PAY FLOWERS THAT MONEY, MIKE!!!”

Or

“Tony, cheap Bill at it again they won’t pay anyone, Tony!”

"Matt Hull" from 12up? I'll take a pass....

I don’t think tagging him makes sense. It’s really going down to guaranteed $, and if they want him enough to tag him then they should be able to give him a deal that guarantees enough to make it well worth it,

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
“YOU CAN’T PAY FLOWERS THAT MONEY, MIKE!!!”

Or

“Tony, cheap Bill at it again they won’t pay anyone, Tony!”

"The salary cap means nothing people. You just move money from here to there. Look at how the Jets did it."

What a goddamn joke. So now every time someone gives an opinion about something like this, some other publication will put REPORT in its headline to get mass clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back