PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts sign Brian Hoyer to a 3 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they're f###### stupid. That type of contract for that type of player is INSANE. Anyone who claims Brian Hoyer, whom I really like, is worth that money falls into one of two of the following categories: 1) an idiot, or 2) a troll.
Not here to defend the Colts by any means, but sometimes forum posters get carried away thinking they're smarter than people that have been in the actual football business for a long time. I don't think the Colts GM is an idiot or a troll. That was clearly a business decision. It is what it is.

SmartSelect_20190902-170626_Firefox.jpg

He outplayed Stidham in camp and in the games. Is it your position that no QB can be expected to take forward from previous times?

In that case, why the hell are we rating Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes and others as top QBs? Shouldn't we just say that every QB is tied right now, and start handing out the QB participation trophies?

Well, you're basing that 'outplayed him in games' on essentially 1 game. His second game he was barely in and had a 53 QB rating. Stidham played significant time in all the games and out performed JG's rookie year.

Well, you're basing that 'outplayed him in games' on essentially 1 game. His second game he was barely in and had a 53 QB rating. Stidham played significant time in all the games and out performed JG's rookie year.

I'm basing it on what we have available, and it is what it is. You don't get to dismiss the numbers in Hoyer's case while pimping them in the case of Stidham v. JAG. Laisse tomber

Not here to defend the Colts by any means, but sometimes forum posters get carried away thinking they're smarter than people that have been in the actual football business for a long time. I don't think the Colts GM is an idiot or a troll. That was clearly a business decision. It is what it is.

View attachment 24038
Ballard is a good GM. He is 100x better than scumbag Grigson on his worst day.

I am looking forward to seeing the details when / if Brissett signs. Indy did have a good draft last year and it’ll be fun to see if $$$ for Brissett & Hoyer will pay off. Even though I like both players & root for their financial success - seems like that is not where I’d want my team to be putting heavy ressources.

Jimmy G to IND within the next 2 years.

That is some serious $$$. That guy has made the very most of his situation !
Hey Andrew if you quit I’ll give you 10 million.

That is some serious $$$. That guy has made the very most of his situation !
It seems a lot but it's smart business by Indy. I'm sure most of the cap his is this year and if he has a good 2019, they have another year to figure out his extension. If he sucks in 2019, they only eat this year and can send him on his way. Or pay him very well as a backup for the next Qb.

With that said I'm not sure hes worth the money but whatever...

colts fans: this is our year! Andrew Luck:

Attachments

• andrew luck head out.jpg
    andrew luck head out.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 3
Jimmy G to IND within the next 2 years.
Could be as soon as next year. He is on the hot seat in SF and if he doesn’t play well, Shanahan will have to cut bait to save his own ***. 9ers structured the deal where they aren’t on the hook after this year.

It seems a lot but it's smart business by Indy. I'm sure most of the cap his is this year and if he has a good 2019, they have another year to figure out his extension. If he sucks in 2019, they only eat this year and can send him on his way. Or pay him very well as a backup for the next Qb.

With that said I'm not sure hes worth the money but whatever...
They had 51 mill in cap space according to over the cap, so I guess they have to do something with it. They gave that stiff wr from Carolina 5 times what he is worth, so why not.

They had 51 mill in cap space according to over the cap, so I guess they have to do something with it. They gave that stiff wr from Carolina 5 times what he is worth, so why not.
They had that much? Yep, that explains it.

There is no greater motivator than money, at least imo.
Depends on the person but having a good life and people to spend the money on is typically a bigger motivation than the money itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3