PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts sign Brian Hoyer to a 3 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was wrong.

Sounds like we were still in the mix to bring him back.

Let the hand wringing and nail-biting commence.

They’ll be just fine. More practice reps for their future starter.

How come we weren't able to trade him if he's receiving a 3yr $12m deal with $9m in guarantees.

Some nice coin for hoyer

Good for him, he's better than a bunch of QB's in this league. Although how old is he to be getting 3 years? I know in the NFL 3 years doesn't always mean 3 years.

And so....my ignominy is compete. :(

.......And now comes the ANGER! WTF, Bill? If you knew that you were going to cut Hoyer, WHY in God's name didn't you try and get at least SOME value for him. You mean to tell me you couldn't have gotten at least a 5th or 6th rounder. Christ, you paid that much for 2 fatties that would have been cut if you hadn't grabbed them. You're telling me that a QB to a needy team like the Colts wouldn't have gotten you MORE. :mad:

Sorry but while we owe Bill a LOT for the last 20 years, occasionally even he makes mistakes, and in the great scheme of things this isn't even a big one. Just seems like a waste to me.

Good money. Long term backup QB is the job to have.

lol, this is amazing.

.......And now comes the ANGER! WTF, Bill? If you knew that you were going to cut Hoyer, WHY in God's name didn't you try and get at least SOME value for him. You mean to tell me you couldn't have gotten at least a 5th or 6th rounder. Christ, you paid that much for 2 fatties that would have been cut if you hadn't grabbed them. You're telling me that a QB to a needy team like the Colts wouldn't have gotten you MORE. :mad:

Sorry but while we owe Bill a LOT for the last 20 years, occasionally even he makes mistakes, and in the great scheme of things this isn't even a big one. Just seems like a waste to me.

Not to mention Burkhead to the Texans the minute Lamar Miller tore his ACL???

Hell hB.OB. Just gave up 2 first rounders and a 2nd for Tunsil. We could have gotten at least a 4th rounder from that idiot for our RB4 Burkhead.

How come we weren't able to trade him if he's receiving a 3yr $12m deal with $9m in guarantees.
They must of done him a favor or thought that they could get him back.

Overreact much Ken? With veterans like Hoyer you give them the respect to go get the best opportunity they can. They have plenty of picks, and Belichick can create more pretty much any time he wants, especially during the draft. Hoyer wasn’t going to win a SB for them, and he got the best deal he could. Good for him.

How could Hoyer and Brissett be ex teammates per rappaport? I thought Brissett went to colts before jimmy g traded to 49ers and Hoyer came back to pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes