PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cole to NYY

im not concerned with the Yankees. Obviously its a big signing but we are going in two different directions. Yanks are going for it and we are cutting payroll and rebuilding our entire organization. I would be more upset if we had an unlimited payroll like in the past and were beaten out on these high priced FA. Right now, Bloom just needs to get rid of Sale and Price...then work his small market majic and build this team back up.

One could actually come to that conclusion with surface level thinking based on the teams that I like sadly.
I got that a lot when the Heat were good back in the day.

Id say their pitchers didn’t really gain benefits from the camera but there have been whispers for a while about how their pitchers became great when becoming Astros. Like Verlander nearing the end of the line in Detroit, gets traded to Houston and is back to winning Cy Young’s.

Great coaching? Could be. Then again the last guy to do that was Clemens to Toronto and...we learned more about him after that.

Yeah that's more of what I'm saying. Who knows if it's true, but hope it's the case and that Cole drops down to only a 'good' pitcher and they're stuck with him. Probably wishful thinking.

im not concerned with the Yankees. Obviously its a big signing but we are going in two different directions. Yanks are going for it and we are cutting payroll and rebuilding our entire organization. I would be more upset if we had an unlimited payroll like in the past and were beaten out on these high priced FA. Right now, Bloom just needs to get rid of Sale and Price...then work his small market majic and build this team back up.

y’all need to find a way to keep betts though. His fielding is invaluable in the toughest right field by far in baseball

I got that a lot when the Heat were good back in the day.

I’ve been a nets fan since the 02 finals when they lost to LA. I was like 7 and those were the first NBA games I ever watched. So now I’ve got that to deal too since they got kyrie and KD.

I follow it but I don’t watch. It’s just unwatchable IMO

There’s an opt out clause after year 5 though. Hard to think they aren’t a shoe-in for the World Series in the AL, though.

Nah. Tanaka’s arm is about to fall off and their history of recent pitcher acquisitions not panning out. Biggest was Sonny Gray. So I’m not so sure they have the pitching to be a shoe in.

Nah. Tanaka’s arm is about to fall off and their history of recent pitcher acquisitions not panning out. Biggest was Sonny Gray. So I’m not so sure they have the pitching to be a shoe in.

If Houston and NYY are the best in the AL, then Cole puts the Yankees over the top...

y’all need to find a way to keep betts though. His fielding is invaluable in the toughest right field by far in baseball
i agree with that. He intends on being a FA, but they must resign him. Its going to cost Trout money, but he has earned it. I wish JBJ would sign for less money. One of my favorite players and i have not seen a better defensive CF. Cant hit much, but the runs he saves on defense has to count for something.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back