PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cole to NYY

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
9 years 324 million. LOL. Good luck with that.

There’s an opt out clause after year 5 though. Hard to think they aren’t a shoe-in for the World Series in the AL, though.

There’s an opt out clause after year 5 though. Hard to think they aren’t a shoe-in for the World Series in the AL, though.
I think it’s a player opt out. Yankees fans better hope he doesn’t blow out his arm. Would hate to see that. :)

He's s good pitcher but I cant imagine the Yankees would keep him around for 9 years

9 years 324 million. LOL. Good luck with that.
If they win championships and have to deal with overpaying him the last few years, it’s totally worth it.

stop hating. He’s not a toothpick like Chris sale

fixed.

They kept CC around for 11 years.

CC sucks now and he hasn't been the same since 2012. Cole is already 29, so not a spring chicken. And Cole only has been good for the past 2 years. We'll see, but usually these high priced Yankee free agents end up not playing up to their contracts...

CC sucks now and he hasn't been the same since 2012. Cole is already 29, so not a spring chicken. And Cole only has been good for the past 2 years. We'll see, but usually these high priced Yankee free agents end up not playing up to their contracts...

wrong. CC reinvented himself and was solid for a few years.

cole has only been good the last 2 years? That’s a joke right? He’s been a good pitcher his whole career. Had one bad year. Searage was a bum

wrong. CC reinvented himself and was solid for a few years.

cole has only been good the last 2 years? That’s a joke right? He’s been a good pitcher his whole career. Had one bad year. Searage was a bum

Sure, CC was solid for many years - from 2009 to 2012. Then after that, he had one solid year with the Yanks. His strikeout numbers regressed from that point onwards.

And I take back what I said about Cole. He was a good pitcher for Pitt for several years and became an elite one for 2 years with the Astros. Many good players go to NYY to die after signing big money contracts.

Strasburg is 2 years older, but in my view, the better postseason pitcher.

Sure, CC was solid for many years - from 2009 to 2012. Then after that, he had one solid year with the Yanks. His strikeout numbers regressed from that point onwards.

And I take back what I said about Cole. He was a good pitcher for Pitt for several years and became an elite one for 2 years with the Astros. Many good players go to NYY to die after signing big money contracts.

Strasburg is 2 years older, but in my view, the better postseason pitcher.

Many pitchers go to Houston recently and mysteriously get much better too...

I think that's more their hitters who are cheating, no? Could be their pitching coach who's really good. But if Cole benefitted from cheating, then the Yankees just signed an overrated pitcher and are stuck with his contract....

Last edited:

For sure Cole's home record might be a bit inflated due to the Astros hitters cheating...but his K/IP ratio is excellent.

For sure Cole's home record might be a bit inflated due to the Astros hitters cheating...but his K/IP ratio is excellent.

Id say their pitchers didn’t really gain benefits from the camera but there have been whispers for a while about how their pitchers became great when becoming Astros. Like Verlander nearing the end of the line in Detroit, gets traded to Houston and is back to winning Cy Young’s.

Great coaching? Could be. Then again the last guy to do that was Clemens to Toronto and...we learned more about him after that.

The
Id say their pitchers didn’t really gain benefits from the camera but there have been whispers for a while about how their pitchers became great when becoming Astros. Like Verlander nearing the end of the line in Detroit, gets traded to Houston and is back to winning Cy Young’s.

Great coaching? Could be. Then again the last guy to do that was Clemens to Toronto and...we learned more about him after that.

Verlander was pitching great before that trade. People forget this.

The astros “fix” with cole was easy. 4 seamers.

Morton left and he was tremendous for Tampa

yes I’m one of those jerk yankee/patriot fans. Bad look I know.

But atleast I can say I was a pats fan before SB 36. I was sort of indoctrinated into being a Yankee fan.
aRe U a FrOnTrUnNeR/?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back