PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching Staff Concerns (*posts moved out of rookie camp thread)

bedard's twitter analytics have been slipping..
I don't believe any of that crap. just trying to get everyone riled up because Bill wont say who the coordinators. If quotes don't have names attached to them, I don't believe them

I don't believe any of that crap. just trying to get everyone riled up because Bill wont say who the coordinators. If quotes don't have names attached to them, I don't believe them

Maybe those who were quoted didn't want their names revealed... Otherwise Bedard is flat-out lying; and why risk being exposed when you could just simply give an opinion without using "un-named players/former players"?

Maybe those who were quoted didn't want their names revealed... Otherwise Bedard is flat-out lying; and why risk being exposed when you could just simply give an opinion without using "un-named players/former players"?
Bedard isn't the only one hearing this though. It's out there all over the place.

The only place this isn't being discussed is on PatsfanHomers.com because the childish saying of In Bill We Trust is still a thing here. As if Belichick wasn't a real man that makes mistakes (all the time) but some caricuture of a demi-God in the minds of his sycophants.

Bedard isn't the only one hearing this though. It's out there all over the place.

The only place this isn't being discussed is on PatsfanHomers.com because the childish saying of In Bill We Trust is still a thing here. As if Belichick wasn't a real man that makes mistakes (all the time) but some caricuture of a demi-God in the minds of his sycophants.

Yep, after the abominations of the 2017-20 drafts and SB 52, IBIT should've been thrown into the dustbin of history.

WR are naturally going to have thinner legs than RBs, Safeties & some CBs... It's the nature of what they're asked to do... But this dude's legs go beyond that, way beyond... But if you can't notice the difference between BoneyT's and Randy Moss's legs, then I don't know what else to say.
Ok we get it you think he has the skinniest legs ever but what is it you think these skinny legs will prevent him from being able to do?

It seemed like a reasonable critique of Crable at the time due to his position but I'm trying to figure out why it matters for a WR?

What is important is who are the sports writers listening too? The same one guy? Why does the opinion of one person matter so much if the sports community echoes the concern? The secrecy has always been there, BB discloses very little. Why is it different this year than the last 20 years?

J McD had to, at some point, start calling plays for the first time in his career (like everyone else who calls plays - at some point they have to start). What if Caley will call plays? The TE coach that J McD was not allowed to poach. Would that be OK since Caley has been an understudy for 7 years, worked with Josh and Mac last year, and is seen as a rising star?

We have to see how it plays out. Who knows, maybe Patricia and Judge will be great and the offence will hum. But if they don't, this will fall squarely at Belichick's feet. Can't fault a hobbled Cam or a rookie. The growth of Mac is the most important thing for this franchise right now. Can't mess this up.

How can you be exposed if you don’t name names?

bedard's twitter analytics have been slipping......

After listening to his pod pretty consistently over the last 2-3 year, I believe that Bedard make up many of his supposed league and Patriots sources. In my opinion, the linked article is a straight up fabrication, for click and retweets.

And the initial reports I’m getting back are not good at all. And that includes what they’re hearing from the players internally.

I call BULLSH!T. They are still in phase 2 of the offseason.

Phase One consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to meetings, strength and conditioning, and physical rehabilitation only.

Phase Two consists of the next three weeks of the program. On-field workouts may include individual or group instruction and drills, as well as “perfect play drills,” and drills and plays with offensive players lining up across from offensive players and defensive players lining up across from defensive players, conducted at a walk through pace. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.

Phase Three consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or “OTAs”. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.

So some players are already “alarmed” by
the current offensive coaching mix this early on in the offseason? GTFOH. Bedard cast his line towards Fellowship of the Miserable, anti-Bill crowd with this article (both fans and media) and he was successful. He clearly reeled in a few people/suckers here.

After listening to his pod pretty consistently over the last 2-3 year, I believe that Bedard make up many of his supposed league and Patriots sources. In my opinion, the linked article is a straight up fabrication, for click and retweets.

And the initial reports I’m getting back are not good at all. And that includes what they’re hearing from the players internally.

Phase One consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to meetings, strength and conditioning, and physical rehabilitation only.

Phase Two consists of the next three weeks of the program. On-field workouts may include individual or group instruction and drills, as well as “perfect play drills,” and drills and plays with offensive players lining up across from offensive players and defensive players lining up across from defensive players, conducted at a walk through pace. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.

Phase Three consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or “OTAs”. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.

the current offensive coaching mix this early on in the offseason? GTFOH. Bedard cast his line towards Fellowship of the Miserable, anti-Bill crowd with this article (both fans and media) and he was successful. He clearly reeled in a few people/suckers here.

Agreed. What are "initial" about the reports he is getting? Why aren't the reports regular and usual reports from his sources? Only "initial" reports? Why? Because the reporting is enhanced based on nothing other than "might happen". All speculation BS.

You can tell it is BS by the never ending qualifications so there is a way to justify the reporting when it falls apart. Also Bedard is hearing from countless people who were with the Patriots because he has no sources who are presently with the Patriots. And the facial expressions are so tortured to try and make it look real.

Bedard does look better after his weight loss.

Reports are never as bad or as good as they make them out to be. Media/journalists tend to exaggerate. Let's see what happens starting September.

We have to see how it plays out. Who knows, maybe Patricia and Judge will be great and the offence will hum. But if they don't, this will fall squarely at Belichick's feet. Can't fault a hobbled Cam or a rookie. The growth of Mac is the most important thing for this franchise right now. Can't mess this up.
Cousin, Let's try this approach.
But before that ..........Saturday Breakfast:
Thick french Toast with organic syrup (left over from yesterday but still fine and tasty) and pan seared ham slices rolled. A plump scone made with cheddar and chives, sliced with butter warmed to melt on the moist inside. OJ and mocha mint flavored coffee to top it off.

A different twist here. Perhaps their (Judge and Matty P) knowledge of the Defense counteracts the chess moves by the opposing Team's Defense. In other words, they look at what the opposition could offer up at whatever down and distance it might be, and compensate with a different Offensive view point and play? They know what the Defense is going to do.

I still think the cool move is to have Hoyer in uniform calling the plays. Is there any coach on this Team that is more qualified than what Hoyer sees and his experience? And yet, he still remains an active player.....another BB innovation? By the way........Has BB ever played QB? As known Defensive coaches can Matt or Joe call a Offensive game? Mayo?

If you stop and think the new wave of Head coaches were QBs for the most. That should translate to play calling.

As a survey, who would the Cousins on this Forum rather have calling the Offensive plays; BB, one of his kids, Matty P, Joe Judge or Hoyer?

DW Toys

I think Bedard's source is this forum

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back