PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching Staff Concerns (*posts moved out of rookie camp thread)

Cousin, Let's try this approach.
But before that ..........Saturday Breakfast:
Thick french Toast with organic syrup (left over from yesterday but still fine and tasty) and pan seared ham slices rolled. A plump scone made with cheddar and chives, sliced with butter warmed to melt on the moist inside. OJ and mocha mint flavored coffee to top it off.

A different twist here. Perhaps their (Judge and Matty P) knowledge of the Defense counteracts the chess moves by the opposing Team's Defense. In other words, they look at what the opposition could offer up at whatever down and distance it might be, and compensate with a different Offensive view point and play? They know what the Defense is going to do.

I still think the cool move is to have Hoyer in uniform calling the plays. Is there any coach on this Team that is more qualified than what Hoyer sees and his experience? And yet, he still remains an active player.....another BB innovation? By the way........Has BB ever played QB? As known Defensive coaches can Matt or Joe call a Offensive game? Mayo?

If you stop and think the new wave of Head coaches were QBs for the most. That should translate to play calling.

As a survey, who would the Cousins on this Forum rather have calling the Offensive plays; BB, one of his kids, Matty P, Joe Judge or Hoyer?

DW Toys
You had me at your Saturday breakfast, but to answer the question….BB then Hoyer

I still think the cool move is to have Hoyer in uniform calling the plays. Is there any coach on this Team that is more qualified than what Hoyer sees and his experience? And yet, he still remains an active player.....another

As a survey, who would the Cousins on this Forum rather have calling the Offensive plays; BB, one of his kids, Matty P, Joe Judge or Hoyer?

DW Toys

Nick Caley

Cousin, Let's try this approach.
But before that ..........Saturday Breakfast:
Thick french Toast with organic syrup (left over from yesterday but still fine and tasty) and pan seared ham slices rolled. A plump scone made with cheddar and chives, sliced with butter warmed to melt on the moist inside. OJ and mocha mint flavored coffee to top it off.

A different twist here. Perhaps their (Judge and Matty P) knowledge of the Defense counteracts the chess moves by the opposing Team's Defense. In other words, they look at what the opposition could offer up at whatever down and distance it might be, and compensate with a different Offensive view point and play? They know what the Defense is going to do.

I still think the cool move is to have Hoyer in uniform calling the plays. Is there any coach on this Team that is more qualified than what Hoyer sees and his experience? And yet, he still remains an active player.....another BB innovation? By the way........Has BB ever played QB? As known Defensive coaches can Matt or Joe call a Offensive game? Mayo?

If you stop and think the new wave of Head coaches were QBs for the most. That should translate to play calling.

DW Toys
1. Hoyer
2. Judge
3. Matty P

Benefits of Patriots having the smallest coaching staff in the NFL:

1. Don't have to waste a lot of time on take-out orders;
2. Great place for on-the-job training;
3. Lateral move opportunities abound;
4. If your not related to Bill, or a FOB, or a FOFOB, you're probably making $13/hr. but w/ benefits. (Don't expect any of those green balls though);
5. Even if you f_ck up by not having enough defensive players on the field during a goal line stand, you still get to mock the media & fans w/ your coke jaw expressions. Because. You. Can.
6. Job security.
7. Some of the lowest auto insurance rates in the NFL.
Plenty of parking spots right up front.
The fax machine is never tied up.
If you lock your keys in your car, BB notices it there when he leaves and on the following day he notices that youre the first guy at work.
They never run out of your favorite booze at the Christmas party.

Plenty of parking spots right up front.
The fax machine is never tied up.
If you lock your keys in your car, BB notices it there when he leaves and on the following day he notices that youre the first guy at work.
They never run out of your favorite booze at the Christmas party.
Unfunny and Unfunnier.

Call the Farrelly brothers.

So much anxiety after one week in shorts and t shirts. Let’s just give Bill time to build a team, do some coaching. I’ll be shocked if our team is not competitive.

This thread is going to be comedy gold once Mac Jones starts having success, and we begin to hear the media change their tune to, "It's the system that enables him to play so well, it's the coaching!"

Peter King ranks us at 17 because he is skeptical about our coaching situation

Peter King ranks us at 17 because he is skeptical about our coaching situation

I'm skeptical of Peter Kings ability to decipher football from his as$hole

It's not just Steve. Every single coach answered the same way. Not one of the other 31 teams coaches or FO acts like these clowns.

It was maybe cute or edgy or interesting or whatever, when Bill was actually winning playoff games. Now, he and his staff just look ridiculous. Answer the damn questions. Give out titles like 100% of the rest of the league does. You're no longer a contender. Stop acting like a f*king prima donna. Everybody is just laughing at these fools.

I'd have to agree, the only reason Belichick really got away with how he conducts his pressers, etc is because they were a dynasty that was in the Super Bowl every other year it seems. If he strings together multiple years with the Bills or another team winning the division and wild card exits from the playoffs, he won't be able to keep getting away with how he operates

So there are multiple guys in Mac's ear about the offense: Bill, Judge, Fat Matt, etc. Jesus Bill, just pick one already and let him rock&roll.

OC by committee. Sorry but this doesn't give me any level of comfort. They better not screw this kid up. Judge already has him believing that he was a QB and has a wealth of knowledge to offer him.

This was the extent of Judge's QB career (in college).

1653336939715.png

Say whaaat?

Jones spoke to the media on Monday, following the team’s first OTA practice and had some positive things to say about his new position coach.

“He’s done a great job coaching us. He’s seen a lot of football. Obviously, he’s been around football for a long time, whether that’s as a head coach, special teams, playing the position himself, so he has knowledge that is very beneficial to me as a quarterback,” Jones said, via Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald. “Obviously, I’m going to learn with him. The goal is to kind of teach each other, move along, and take what he knows, take the experiences that I have, and combine them, and work together as a great team.”

They're winging it. Holy Shyt.

This is such a great answer. The joke is on the other 31 teams that showed up with actual Offensive Coordinators to their OTAs. Haha what Losers.

I'd have to agree, the only reason Belichick really got away with how he conducts his pressers, etc is because they were a dynasty that was in the Super Bowl every other year it seems. If he strings together multiple years with the Bills or another team winning the division and wild card exits from the playoffs, he won't be able to keep getting away with how he operates

What makes you think he will not get away with the way he operates? Kraft is going to fire him? No other team in the league would hire him? This type of take lacks reasonable support. BB is a better coach than the vast majority of coaches in the NFL, and accordingly, he can act as he likes. That is the way it is - posters on a message board do not change the reality on the ground.

What makes you think he will not get away with the way he operates? Kraft is going to fire him? No other team in the league would hire him? This type of take lacks reasonable support. BB is a better coach than the vast majority of coaches in the NFL, and accordingly, he can act as he likes. That is the way it is - posters on a message board do not change the reality on the ground.
Bill will retire before he gets fired. He isn't coaching anywhere else.

So there are multiple guys in Mac's ear about the offense: Bill, Judge, Fat Matt, etc. Jesus Bill, just pick one already and let him rock&roll.

OC by committee. Sorry but this doesn't give me any level of comfort. They better not screw this kid up. Judge already has him believing that he was a QB and has a wealth of knowledge to offer him.

This was the extent of Judge's QB career (in college).

View attachment 43176

Totally. It would be unprecedented for Belichick to allow somebody with Judge’s background to be quarterbacks coach. He wasn’t even a starter in a top 20 D1 football program (LOL), and he obviously couldn’t have learned anything about playing quarterback as a high level high school player or as a backup in college for three years, or certainly during his subsequent years as a coach in the NFL.

I hate to write this but it’s time for us to consider the possibility that Bill has become senile. The only thing more absurd than making Judge the quarterbacks coach would be for Belichick to give that job to a coach who never played quarterback in college and never had any experience on the offensive side of the ball at the NFL level. That would be a truly fireable offense.

C64874A4-F104-4CF0-BD18-77D2A2D89C3D.jpeg
A38EC46B-AFD6-4A74-90C5-13E00645F360.jpeg

2B5ECC96-61A5-4616-B842-F76FACA53667.jpeg

YOU ARE A MASSIVE PUTZ.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back