PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching Staff Concerns (*posts moved out of rookie camp thread)

Judge will be the OC w/o the the title. Thats pretty obvious. Whoever is in the qbs ear the most is the de facto oc.
It cant be any other way for obvious reasons. So Judge will be calling the plays. That's pretty much what Bruschi is saying.
BB always has had the "big picture" plan on how to attack each opponents defense. But that's not specific plays. And how you sequence them. 3rd downs are easy you have your top 5 plays for each situation. But 1st and 2nd down are pretty wide open. Theres no way BB or any other HC is gonna have the time to design every offensive play esp. if theyre also running the D like BB does, as well as overseeing the O and STs. But Im sure Bill's input on specific plays is predicated on how experienced both the qb and oc( whether named or not)are.
BB always has had the overview but would relay that e.g. to Brady&Josh and leave it to them to come up with the actual plays to implement BB's preferred mode of attack.
Mac seems to pick things up very quickly ala Tom but him and Judge is a fairly raw combo. Common sense says Bill will be more involved with the O than say,he was in 2018 e.g. But it will evolve over the season as Mac and Judge gain exp. Fat Matt? Lol. He may work with OL some, but hes not calling plays or working with Mac.
Scenario not that different from 2005 with the exception of Brady having more experience.

Whatever.
Why do you just write it off like that?

On a whole the D has played well under the joint unnamed coordinatorship. There has been a few moments where Bill had to step in due to mixed messages but I put that on Bill for the unnamed part. Bottom line despite what people think around here Stephen and Mayo are good coaches. I wish Bill would name one but I think he doesn't want to piss off the other and he thinks its worked so no need.

On a whole the D has played well under the joint unnamed coordinatorship. There has been a few moments where Bill had to step in due to mixed messages but I put that on Bill for the unnamed part. Bottom line despite what people think around here Stephen and Mayo are good coaches. I wish Bill would name one but I think he doesn't want to piss off the other and he thinks its worked so no need.
Because it's clear Mayo is the leader with the players and Little Steven sits in the back throwing his 2 cents in. So, whatever.

Any of you guys feel that Coach Bill has his Priorities backwards? Shouldn't he be on the other side of the ball in OTA's? I know he's really nervous about Judge and Mattie P but they where with him before? Coach is letting his son run things on the defensive side, that bother's me alot more.

Because he is a jobless douche with way too much free time and a major axe to grind with BB, which colors all his posts. He will take the negative angle on every time the subject of Bill and/or his sons comes up.

He is a useless poster who will disappear if things are going swimmingly for the Pats this season and even he can’t think of something about which to complain, no matter how hard to strains trying to squeeze out another steaming loaf of a post.

Any of you guys feel that Coach Bill has his Priorities backwards? Shouldn't he be on the other side of the ball in OTA's? I know he's really nervous about Judge and Mattie P but they where with him before? Coach is letting his son run things on the defensive side, that bother's me alot more.
Stephen and Mayo have been doing their thing for a few years now they need to be able to handle it so Bill can focus on Mac and the offense.

Bill has a better understanding of both sides of the ball than any coach in the league today. You don't get to be as good as he is on the defensive side of the ball without knowing the offensive side just as well.

It’s early in the process, and, regardless of what you think of the defense, it’s much further along in the process if for no other reason than Steve and Jerod are going into their 4th season while the offense is in the process of introducing multiple new coaches into the process.

There’s plenty of time for Bill to assert himself on the defense.

As opposed to Charlie Weiss who played 0 football in college and graduated with a degree in speech and drama. That sure helped him win Super Bowls

After hearing him during his Airing It Out segments with Bob Papa on Sirius/XM's NFL channel, I never would've guessed he had a degree in speech... He should practice some breathing techniques or something...

**** Rehbein​

Article Talk
  • Language
  • Watch
  • Edit

Richard Rehbein (November 22, 1955 – August 6, 2001) was an American footballcoach for twenty-three seasons in the NFL, filling a variety of roles as an offensive position coach.
**** Rehbein
Personal information
Career information
Career history
As a coach:
Born:November 22, 1955
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Died:August 6, 2001(aged 45)
Boston, Massachusetts
College:Ripon

Playing careerEdit​

Rehbein attended Ripon College, where he was a Division III All-American center. He was part of the Green Bay Packers' 1977training camp but did not make their final roster.[1]

He also did not play or coach the position before becoming qb coach

You're not really comparing Rehbein's years & years of offensive coaching experience to Joey Judge's (i.e.: Zero), are you?

On a whole the D has played well under the joint unnamed coordinatorship, except for their disgraceful final two games vs Buffalo and their final game vs Miami, by whom they were swept for the first time in over 20 years . There has been a few moments where Bill had to step in due to mixed messages but I put that on Bill for the unnamed part. Bottom line despite what people think around here Stephen and Mayo are good coaches. I wish Bill would name one but I think he doesn't want to piss off the other and he thinks its worked so no need.

fify

After hearing him during his Airing It Out segments with Bob Papa on Sirius/XM's NFL channel, I never would've guessed he had a degree in speech... He should practice some breathing techniques or something...
I used to read his SI column all the time. Until he started hot taking, it was just bad

"Belichick has not yet decided who will call the plays during the season, but it’s trending in Patricia’s direction, according to a source. Patricia and Judge are each preparing for the possibility of calling plays, but Patricia’s workload this spring has suggested he’s the early favorite to handle that responsibility."

Poor Mac, Patricia will ruin him.

Because he is a jobless douche with way too much free time and a major axe to grind with BB, which colors all his posts. He will take the negative angle on every time the subject of Bill and/or his sons comes up.

He is a useless poster who will disappear if things are going swimmingly for the Pats this season and even he can’t think of something about which to complain, no matter how hard to strains trying to squeeze out another steaming loaf of a post.
Yeah but I like seeing his avvy at least

"Belichick has not yet decided who will call the plays during the season, but it’s trending in Patricia’s direction, according to a source. Patricia and Judge are each preparing for the possibility of calling plays, but Patricia’s workload this spring has suggested he’s the early favorite to handle that responsibility."

Reminds me of Chumley Reid's final season in Philthy when he named his OL coach as his Defensive Coordinator or something like that...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back