PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clowney meets with Phins [update: traded to Seattle]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their window with Watson, Bob and company

shattered-window-shattered-window-panes-in-an-empty-industrial-premises-breaking-glass-window-dream-meaning.jpg
I bet Parker or Stills is involved in the trade

I’d be surprised if Flores went this route.

I bet Parker or Stills is involved in the trade

And i think Kiko Alonso, this saves the fins 12 mill over the next two years that they can allocate to clwoney.
5 year deal 75 mill with 40 guaranteed, First year 15 mill salary and 15mill SB, year two 10 mill guaranteed for performance only. The next 3 years 12, 12 and 12

Fins trade a 3rd.

If I am a team the cusp and I think Clowney takes me from borderline playoffs to borderline Super Bowl than I pull the trigger. The Miami Dolphins are on the cusp of being a 6 win team if they're lucky. This flies in the face of everything else they have been doing. Cutting the big salaries and putting guys on the trade block. This is why so many other franchises fall on their face. No direction.

Won’t affect us one way or another..

Just what a team in rebuild mode needs, a once-in-a-lifetime often injured talent who is probably closer to the end of his career than the start.

I dunno, maybe he'll be cheaper than I'm guessing but my gut is telling me he'd be getting more money than he should from them.
I don’t know about once in a lifetime talent, but he is a great player. Not sure he’s worth what it’ll cost tho.

There are so many effing “elite” pass rushers that a redefinition of “elite” is badly needed. Just this offseason there were like five DEs that got franchised, which proved by its nature that these guys are overvalued....since the franchise tag is supposed to be a top 5 player at his position.

If Watson has a big year he'll absolutely be looking for a record deal
Incredibly small sample size but hes off to one of the best starts ever tbh.
45/17 YD/INT

League avg Y/A was 7.4/7.0 last 2 years. He was 8.3/8.2

League avg for ANY/A 6.3/5.9
7.19/6.87

He eats sacks, that has to stop but has a **** OL as well. If he keeps improving, even slightly, he'll be looking at a 70+TD/Less than 30 INT while cmp 65+% of his passes.

Houston really wasted all the Capital they had when they let this go on so long. Smart of Clowney to fire his agent before he signs the franchise tag. Why give away 10% of 15 million when you don't have to! Clowney is cornered into accepting this deal, nothing can change that. So why not keep the $1.5 for yourself.

I would look for a Clowney to the Jets deal, just the kind of dumb move the Jets would make.

And i think Kiko Alonso, this saves the fins 12 mill over the next two years that they can allocate to clwoney.
5 year deal 75 mill with 40 guaranteed, First year 15 mill salary and 15mill SB, year two 10 mill guaranteed for performance only. The next 3 years 12, 12 and 12

Fins trade a 3rd.
He already told Miami that he wouldn't sign a long term deal (over the summer). My guess is they are offering Texans that 3rd thinking they get a 3rd back when he doesn't sign and get a year out of him with the outside chance he changes his mind (no state income tax, lifestyle etc).

Houston really wasted all the Capital they had when they let this go on so long. Smart of Clowney to fire his agent before he signs the franchise tag. Why give away 10% of 15 million when you don't have to! Clowney is cornered into accepting this deal, nothing can change that. So why not keep the $1.5 for yourself.

I would look for a Clowney to the Jets deal, just the kind of dumb move the Jets would make.
I still think Eagles make the move.
Alshon and a third for Clowney.

Fins trade a 3rd.
Why would Houston take on 12 mill for slugs if they don’t want to pay Clowney?

Can’t think of a better last name for a Miami Dolphin.

And since we’re talking about them, F Don Shula

I think the Eagles are confident they are a desired free agent landing spot and can sell him on staying longterm.
I don’t think teams operate that way. They would be over a barrel and they gave up their best wr on top of a 3rd round pick.
Jeffrey would be 20 mill of dead money

interesting idea about the tags and commission. for the record, nfl agents are capped at 3% (so like 450k on $15). im assuming the agent did some (poor) work to get a contract done but didnt happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST