PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CLE HC Pettine: Mensa Rex Ryan Gave Nick Saban Jets Playbook + Now BB Shockingly Has It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Brady_to_Moss - Should have included the comment like 20 comments below that, which included something like "and if they get to 3rd down BUTT FUMBLE PLAY!" Haha that comment section was hilarious though.

I wonder what that is called in the Jets playbook. Oh look, page 4. Play-action QB Sneak into the B-gap? They must have installed this in training camp because it's pretty early in the playbook.

sanchez211.gif

Oh and look on page 11. Down-And-Out-Then-Hit-Your-Backup-In-The-Head. There's a whole section on passing to a backup QB with no experience as a receiver, very imaginative and advanced offensive stuff.

Tim-Tebow-Hit-in-Head-with-Pass.gif

Oh ****, just keep your ****ty playbook. Better yet, burn it before some of this **** actually spreads and infects another terrible team...

Edit: I don't even want to talk about page 69's "Favre and inches" play...

It'd be funny as hell if Coach made up a fake playbook. Have someone redo the JEST playbook with New England's logos, and some fake technical terms, etc.

Then, "accidentally" leave it somewhere where it'll find it's way to the JEST. :D

So, what could the Patriots possibly learn from a Green Beans playbook? Read it aloud to each other as stand-up comedy? Damn thing's probably written in crayon.

So there is a clip after the draft that shows an alleged report from Patriots draft records that shows Manziel as a unworthy pick to say the least. Pettine drafts the bum and has issues with his ex coach. So he throws a jab at both of them with a pretty lame story. They must be wondering what that got themselves into in Cleveland hiring this stiff.

So there is a clip after the draft that shows an alleged report from Patriots draft records that shows Manziel as a unworthy pick to say the least. Pettine drafts the bum and has issues with his ex coach. So he throws a jab at both of them with a pretty lame story. They must be wondering what that got themselves into in Cleveland hiring this stiff.
It's been speculated that Pettine didn't want Manziel and was overruled by the team's owner.

419330.jpg

NetFlix is starting a new series called "Orange is the New Green."

I don't believe this Pettine story is true, but it sure does remind me of something that happened oh.... I wanna say about 15 to 20 years ago. I also wanna say it was Packers-49ers and a Monday Night game but don't quote me on that.

One of the teams did the whole "script the first 15 offensive plays in advance" thing and some assistant coach on the team left the "script" someplace he shouldn't have and it got into the hands of the opponent. The team with the scripted plays got slammed.

Does anybody have any vague recollection of what I am talking about?

If it sounds scandalous in a 3-sec sound bite or a 7 sentence headline, despite the true circumstance, facts and/or actual game impact if any, and oh yeah - claims the Patriots and or BB as the offending party- it's breaking "news", just another example of those cheating patriots, at it again. That's all the fans hear, and into the brain it goes for later mis-regurgitation. Sheez I was telling one of my non-sports fans about this today,started with this stoy,then spygate and how it was just camera placement, he says - i thought they were cheating by reading lips (OMG), i went to the jets special team coach tackling players during a real game, then he goes to say didn't the pats pay players to injure too? OMG!! Thats what we get. We stay quiet and take the high road. But silence equals guilt in todays world. It's a f'n broken record. When you get mentioned in every new scandal, people just think you have been scandalous again as most don't even listen closely anyway. Its similar to a common court practice. Address a defendant in negative a light enough times,and whoa - dozens of times later, and the jury believes it. Now you need to convince them otherwise just to get out of the hole. So, even tho' espn made light of the allegations in the very last sentence of the clip, the first 2 minutes were so misleading that i had to listen thrice to understand what the parties actually said. Upon first listen and a headline of 'playbook scandal' a completely different impression was made. I guess its a price you pay when you've been great for so long.

Two of the NE playbooks were on the internet in 2005. Right after Bruschi had his stroke. I emailed a high school football HC and he sent me a copy to print off.

I called the Pats and spoke with Stacey James first and then their Attorney about it. His name was Jack Mula and they really didn't seem too surprised or concerned by it.

The 1999 Rams playbook was on there as well and others.

Remember when the Pats played the Dolphins around 1998 and Miami was complaining that Lawyer Milloy was yelling out their offensive plays before they happened? The Tampa Bucs won the Super Bowl because ex Raiders HC Jon Gruden knew every Oakland Raider call, play and check down.

Not surprisingly, Pettine's walking back clarifying his comments.

“It’s a credit that [the Patriots] have been able to get that information,” Pettine said. “I didn’t mean to imply it was gathered illegally. . . . To me, it’s a sign of a smart team. We’re not actively pursuing playbooks, but when they fall in your laps, you’ll study it.”

Pettine emphasized that he wasn’t accusing the Patriots of stealing the playbook or any other wrongdoing, and he acknowledged that playbooks routinely end up on the Internet. Indeed, a reader sent PFT a copy of the Jets’ defensive playbook on Thursday after the story first emerged. While talking to Pettine, I rattled off terms from it, like Titan Package, Under Wasp Sting, and Under Bee Sting.

“That’s it,” Pettine said.

Pettine said he shared the Brady story with Bedard to illustrate the importance of keeping playbooks vague.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ns-the-value-of-having-an-opponents-playbook/

I don't believe this Pettine story is true, but it sure does remind me of something that happened oh.... I wanna say about 15 to 20 years ago. I also wanna say it was Packers-49ers and a Monday Night game but don't quote me on that.

One of the teams did the whole "script the first 15 offensive plays in advance" thing and some assistant coach on the team left the "script" someplace he shouldn't have and it got into the hands of the opponent. The team with the scripted plays got slammed.

Does anybody have any vague recollection of what I am talking about?
Yes, I vaguely recall it. The scripting team was definitely the 49ers but I forget who the other team was. I think the scripting team was a Walsh, not a Siefert, but I'm not sure.

...Remember when the Pats played the Dolphins around 1998 and Miami was complaining that Lawyer Milloy was yelling out their offensive plays before they happened? The Tampa Bucs won the Super Bowl because ex Raiders HC Jon Gruden knew every Oakland Raider call, play and check down.

There was also the PO game at home v the Doofins during the 1997 season, in which Todd Collins
was shown signaling that a slant pass was coming…just before he intercepted Marino for a TD.

Come on now. Surely BB would anticipate a Jets playbook that ends up in the hands of Saban would be a fake. Because Rex can't be that stupid... right??

I'd agree that it's likely a dated or fake NYJ's playbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down