PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cian Fahey on Tom Brady (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers threw at least 4-5 balls into the waiting arms of DB's only to have them dropped in his 1st few games of the season, maybe he needed rest as well....:rolleyes:

I'd assume exactly the opposite -- especially amongst the ranks of voters who will welcome any excuse not to bestow another honor on the Patriots.
Despite the paranoid groupthink in this board, no.

Despite the paranoid groupthink in this board, no.
Are you suggesting that fans here are tougher on Brady's MVP chances than the actual voters will be?

I personally think you overestimate the good will the rest of the country has towards Brady. It's my experience that the overwhelming blind hatred for the Patriots across this country includes an ocean of repugnant, blind, homophobic detestation of Tom Brady.

The thing is, barring injury Brady will start having mediocre to bad games more and more often. I don't know when that time will come but come it will. Last night that hit home for me. What's it going to be like with no more Tom Brady? Hopefully I won't know that for another couple of years.....and another ring or 2.

It has nothing to do with age. I fear Brady is hurt.

That's my fear as well. It won't get better unless he rest. That's why they need a running game and the short passing game has to to work.

Yes by far.
Let me get this straight: you are saying that Patriots fans here BY FAR are LESS IN FAVOR of Brady getting the MVP this season than the media people across America whose votes actually determine the award?

Let me get this straight: you are saying that Patriots fans here BY FAR are LESS IN FAVOR of Brady getting the MVP this season than the media people across America whose votes actually determine the award?
That’s not what I said.

Who TF cares what we think regarding resting Brady? Does anyone think it’s worth analyzing when all we do is watch games?

No matter what fans think or believe, it won’t change anything. Nor should it.

I don’t believe the 2 INT’s last night had anything to do with Brady being tired or his arm being worn out. But it really doesn’t matter so I’m just looking forward to Sunday

Lol. :D You’re trying to call me out and you don’t even know what you’re talking about (which is often the case with you and your bullying technique). Perhaps you should pick up a dictionary? It most certainly doesn’t simply mean “favorite,” as you claim.

Consensus—noun—“general Agreement”

Unity
Solidarity
Unanimity
Harmony

As I’ve said to you before, there isn’t a clear cut “consensus” amongst anyone, nor has there ever been at any point this year. It was between Brady and Carson Wentz, and now it’s between Brady (trending down after past two games) and Brown (trending up after last two games).
You are kidding right?
The favorite is the most likely to win. The consensus is the majority. Here is the actual definition for you. A MAJORITY OPINION. That is what a favorite is. Duh

con·sen·sus
kənˈsensəs/
noun
noun: consensus; plural noun: consensuses
  1. general agreement.
    "a consensus of opinion among judges"
    synonyms: agreement, harmony, concurrence, accord, unity, unanimity, solidarity; More
    formalconcord
    "there was consensus among delegates"
    general opinion, majority opinion, common view
    "the consensus was that they should act"
    antonyms: disagreement

You are kidding right?
The favorite is the most likely to win. The consensus is the majority. Here is the actual definition for you. A MAJORITY OPINION. That is what a favorite is. Duh

con·sen·sus
kənˈsensəs/
noun
noun: consensus; plural noun: consensuses
  1. general agreement.
    "a consensus of opinion among judges"
    synonyms: agreement, harmony, concurrence, accord, unity, unanimity, solidarity; More
    formalconcord
    "there was consensus among delegates"
    general opinion, majority opinion, common view
    "the consensus was that they should act"
    antonyms: disagreement
As I’ve already stated, it certainly doesn’t just mean favorite like you claimed. There has yet to be agreement or unity on the matter. It’s been up in the air for awhile, and the emergence of Brown, poor 2 games from Brady, + injury to Wentz only muddies the waters.

The QB from Oklahoma was the clear cut consensus as a Heisman choice. There was no debate. That does not exist in the NFL.

There is no unity, solidarity, harmony, or agreement regarding who the MVP should be, even if we hope that it’s Brady.

As I’ve already stated, it certainly doesn’t just mean favorite like you claimed. There has yet to be agreement or unity on the matter. It’s been up in the air for awhile, and the emergence of Brown + injury to Wentz only muddies the water.

The QB from Oklahoma was the clear cut consensus as a Heisman choice. There was no debate. That does not exist in the NFL.
You are wrong. The exact definition states a consensus is a majority opinion if 11 people say Brady and 10 say someone else Brady had a consensus.
That is exactly the same as being the favorite.
Wentz was never beating out Brady and there is no way Antonio brown wins the mvp.

As I said winning by 1 vote is the exact definition of consensus regardless of your misuse of it.

You are wrong. The exact definition states a consensus is a majority opinion if 11 people say Brady and 10 say someone else Brady had a consensus.
That is exactly the same as being the favorite.
Wentz was never beating out Brady and there is no way Antonio brown wins the mvp.

As I said winning by 1 vote is the exact definition of consensus regardless of your misuse of it.
I think there is a difference of use between the majority or favorite and term “clear cut consensus,” but you feel otherwise. Use it how you wish.

I do not believe that this year’s MVP race provides “unity, harmony, solidarity or unanimity,” and I’m shocked that you would, considering that there are daily debates on every single sports show, and have been for weeks.

I think there is a difference of use between the majority or favorite and term “clear cut consensus,” but you feel otherwise. Use it how you wish.
Because you alter consensus by adding “clear cut”

Let’s do it this way. How does the nfl reach a consensus on mvp? They vote if a player wins by 1 vote, he is the consensus choice.

I do not believe that this year’s MVP race provides “unity, harmony, solidarity or unanimity,” and I’m shocked that you would, considering that there are daily debates on every single sports show, and have been for weeks.
You honestly don’t think synonyms are devotions do you?

You simply don’t understand the meaning of consensus but perhaps after reading the example above you learned something and we can move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST