PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cian Fahey on Tom Brady (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antonio Brown has 40 catches for over 600 yards and 6 touchdowns in the last FOUR games.

Why would it be anything close to controversy to bring up the fact that many members of the media will place him squarely in the middle of the discussion, which is exactly what they’re doing?

The fact that Brady is coming off of a mediocre to poor 2 game stretch while Brown continues to put up big numbers only solidifies this thinking. Like Tunescribe said, Brady will need to have another couple of big performances.

It’s one game. Nobody besides people on this board downgrade Brady’s mvp season over 1 mediocre game.

1 INT And 0 TDs against Buffalo. Despite your opinion on him in that game, that doesn’t look good on paper, thus hurting his mvp resume

Stop being a goddamn child. It’s ok for people to disagree with.

If you want a *********** of homerism with NO room for critics, go to celtics blog.com
Yes, that is what this is. The homers just cant stand it.

Fuk off

That’s not what I said.

My question: Are you suggesting that fans here are tougher on Brady's MVP chances than the actual voters will be?

Your answer: Yes by far.

My follow-up question: Let me get this straight: you are saying that Patriots fans here BY FAR are LESS IN FAVOR of Brady getting the MVP this season than the media people across America whose votes actually determine the award?

OK, then what are you saying "Yes by far" is referring to?

My question: Are you suggesting that fans here are tougher on Brady's MVP chances than the actual voters will be?

Your answer: Yes by far.

My follow-up question: Let me get this straight: you are saying that Patriots fans here BY FAR are LESS IN FAVOR of Brady getting the MVP this season than the media people across America whose votes actually determine the award?

OK, then what are you saying "Yes by far" is referring to?
I am saying that fans here are downgrading Brady as an mvp candidate over one mediocre game far more than the voters will.

I am not saying they don’t want him to win I’m saying as evidenced by the posts in this board that they are blowing one game out of proportion, which shouldn’t be a surprise because it happens around here all the time.

No it isn’t fake fan.

Fake fan LOL

If you want to, PM me and I’ll take you for a guided virtual tour of my patriots man cave (complete w Brady jersey and poster on the wall)

If you want to call me an overreacter and an IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT poster, that’s fine, but don’t act like a child because I have a different opinion than you.

And do you REALLY think 1 INT 0 TD games are gonna win him the mvp? How can you be so foolish?

I am saying that fans here are downgrading Brady as an mvp candidate over one mediocre game far more than the voters will.

I am not saying they don’t want him to win I’m saying as evidenced by the posts in this board that they are blowing one game out of proportion, which shouldn’t be a surprise because it happens around here all the time.

2* games

Fake fan LOL

If you want to, PM me and I’ll take you for a guided virtual tour of my patriots man cave (complete w Brady jersey and poster on the wall)

If you want to call me an overreacter and an IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT poster, that’s fine, but don’t act like a child because I have a different opinion than you.

And do you REALLY think 1 INT 0 TD games are gonna win him the mvp? How can you be so foolish?
His season is going to win him mvp. That game did nothing to hurt it. He completed 70% of his passes for over 8 ypa and won in the road by 20.

And yes anyone who will LOL when Brady declines so you can stick it to patriot fans who weren’t chicken Little’s like yuh is a fake fan.

Because you alter consensus by adding “clear cut”
The term “clear cut consensus” is used for a reason—-because the matter is clear cut. The race for the MVP does not meet this criteria.

Like I’ve said, I’m not meaning to dispute the definition as much as I am your use, particularly since I don’t ever believe that Brady is the consensus—majority or addition of the phrase “clear cut,” so it doesn’t really matter how you or I are choosing to use it.

If you think that Brady is the choice for one writer, there is at least another who would dispute that with a vote for Brown, Wentz, or even Wilson.

What possible relevance does the MVP award have to this thread? The issue is whether Brady should have been rested or should be rested in order to maximize the probability of a ring. MVPs are irrelevant at best, a distraction at worst.

What is scary to me is this. Maybe people here feel that an MVP award and personal accolades are relevant to team strategy. And maybe some Patriots personnel agree. And maybe that distraction - a quest for accolades - is why Brady wasn’t rested.

It's also kind of bizarre that some people seem to take a comment that a 40 year old QB is likely to benefit from rest as some kind of insult to Brady, when it is only a statistical inference. It's no more an insult than to say Brady shouldn't rush as much as some QBs. But the hypersensitivity to an alternate strategy which had worked great last season suggests the question: was the decision not to rest Brady based on ego or on maximizing chance of ring?

Fake fan LOL

The fact that he had a 0 TD/1 INT game with a QB rating of 82 was compounded by the fact that he then went on to have one of his worst games of his career, with a QB rating of 55 + 2 more INTs.

Add in failing to convert a third down for the first time in 26 years AND the fact that Antonio Brown has had two more monstrous games in the meantime, and it's not exactly surprising that many media members are pushing Brown, who will come close to having a 2,000 yard season and leads the league in receptions.

Sunday’s game will likely go a long way towards determining which player takes a commanding lead.

What possible relevance does the MVP award have to this thread? The issue is whether Brady should have been rested or should be rested in order to maximize the probability of a ring. MVPs are irrelevant at best, a distraction at worst.

What is scary to me is this. Maybe people here feel that an MVP award and personal accolades are relevant to team strategy. And maybe some Patriots personnel agree. And maybe that distraction - a quest for accolades - is why Brady wasn’t rested.

It's also kind of bizarre that some people seem to take a comment that a 40 year old QB is likely to benefit from rest as some kind of insult to Brady, when it is only a statistical inference. It's no more an insult than to say Brady probably isn’t going to rush as much as some QBs. But the hypersensitivity to an alternate strategy which had worked great last season suggests the question: was the decision not to rest Brady based on ego or on maximizing chance of ring?
I think it’s simply based on the fact that playing him gives the team the best chance to win, that’s all.

It's also kind of bizarre that some people seem to take a comment that a 40 year old QB is likely to benefit from rest as some kind of insult to Brady, when it is only a statistical inference. It's no more an insult than to say Brady shouldn't rush as much as some QBs. But the hypersensitivity to an alternate strategy which had worked great last season suggests the question: was the decision not to rest Brady based on ego or on maximizing chance of ring?

They take more offense to me questioning a 40 year olds longevity than if I killed their pet, I think.

The term “clear cut consensus” is used for a reason—-because the matter is clear cut. The race for the MVP does not meet this criteria.
Wait. So you think because there is a term that people use saying clear cut consensus that consensus means clear cut?
So since people will call a play a crucial play then every play is crucial? Since the term jumbo shrimp exists all shrimp are jumbo? For real?
You really do understand that a clear cut consensus is not the only kind of concensus right?
Because clear cut never entered our discussion until after I taught you what consensus meant and you had to backtrack.
Like I’ve said, I’m not meaning to dispute the definition as much as I am your use, particularly since I don’t ever believe that Brady is the consensus—majority or addition of the phrase “clear cut,” so it doesn’t really matter how you or I are choosing to use it.

If you think that Brady is the choice for one writer, there is at least another who would dispute that with a vote for Brown, Wentz, or even Wilson.
More would vote for Brady. That’s why he is the favorite, by consensus.
In fact I think he would be close to unanimous.

No one is voting for Wilson ahead of Brady and you are the only person I have heard even suggest Antonio Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST