PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cian Fahey on Tom Brady (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K. Dog

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
This is a follow up to the thread started on June 1, 2017 here: Cian Fahey on Tom Brady . That thread noted that Cian Fahey (Pre-Snap Reads QuarterBack Catalogue 2017) had claimed that Brady threw more interceptable passes late in the 2016 season.

That analysis is one reason I've been advocating not forcing Brady to play full 16 or 19 game season but rather to replicate the successful 2016 schedule and rest him. I initially advocated that Brady be rested the first 4-6 games of 2017, and as the season trudged on I've continually advocated resting him.

Neither Fahey's analysis nor my recommendations were greeted with enthusiasm. Responses were: that my suggestion to preserve Brady's health must have come from a Steeler's plant; that Fahey was a fraud; that Brady's recent interceptions didn't count because they were not his fault (seriously); and so on. There was no, or virtually no, serious analysis.

In view of the recent games and the increased interception rate, I think Fahey's analysis deserves a reevaluation, even among skeptics who appear to believe that Brady is so talented that he would not benefit from rest. This late in the season it might be too late to rest Brady, but it's still something that should be considered. More important, it should be re-asked why the abundantly obvious fact that base rate of performance for 40 year old quarterbacks should override, from a Bayesian point of view, a small sample size and that Brady ought to have been rested to start this season. All the more so because Garoppolo, based on his SF performance, would clearly have been able to spell Brady.

Brady is a bit hobbled and hasn’t had a great couple of games, but prior to that he was pretty much the consensus MVP.

Also, prior to that he had thrown 2 INTs all season.

Brady is a bit hobbled and hasn’t had a great couple of games, but prior to that he was pretty much the consensus MVP.

Just to be clear, that's consistent with Fahey's analysis. Fahey said Brady was great at the start of 2016 but then, particularly late in the season, threw more interceptable passes. Had Brady been rested at the start of the season like I recommended, he'd be playing MVP level going in the playoffs, which is what we want.

Just to be clear, that's consistent with Fahey's analysis. Fahey said Brady was great at the start of 2016 but then, particularly late in the season, threw more interceptable passes. Had Brady been rested at the start of the season like I recommended, he'd be playing MVP level going in the playoffs, which is what we want.

I've put up with this tripe for too long. Ignore is the best feature of all time.

Still is consensus mvp.

Fahey is wrong

Still is consensus mvp.
Antonio Brown has come on strong the past couple of games whereas Tom has regressed. Brown is the new media favorite.

At any rate, Brady is certainly no longer the “consensus” MVP. He’s obviously still one of the favorites, but needs to have a couple of nice games to earn that distinction again.

Neither Fahey's analysis nor my recommendations were greeted with enthusiasm.

For good reason, Fahey's analysis was flawed, at best, and moronic at worst. Brady's interceptable balls increased in games where he was under heavy pressure? What could possibly be the cause?

Reminder
Just coincidentally there is a KDog - DieHard Ravens Fan and known Pats hater. He posts on every site he can

ravens board purple flock
Purple Flock Dynasty League

boards.baltimoreravens.com › Ravens Talk › Ravens Talk
May 10, 2012 - 7 posts - ‎5 authors
Hall of Famer; K-Dog; Members; 10,315 posts; Millersville Maryland. Posted May 10, 2012 · Report post. Okay, correct me if I am wrong but we ...

ravens blogs
blogs.baltimoreravens.com/.../late-for-work-926-good-thing-ravens-didn’t-trade-willi...Ravens Flock member K-Dog doesn't see it having a negative effect on the offense. “What's the worst that can happen?” K-Dog asked. “Mase pouts and doesnt ...

chargers board post 19
Ravens/Patriots Breakdown... - Page 2 - The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum

his profile on the Texans board
User Profile - Houston Texans Message Boards

tapatalk forum post 5
GJ helpful Elves thread.... to help the SS. - Tapatalk

talkleft forum about 6 posts down
Sunday Morning Open Thread - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

hollyrollerz form 9 posts down
need info about lowering springs etc........ • Holy Rollerz Christian Automotive Forums

garagejournal post 16
My Ravens Snap-on ratcheting screwdriver - The Garage Journal Board

He has also posted on these forums:

Footballbyke
BIG BALLER kdog 09/08/2017 04:07. i haven't been this hard for almost a year now #footballbyke https:// twitter.com/tomgarfinkel/s tatus/895314261743853568

Progmetalzone
Marshawn Lynch retires at 29 · K Dog. 2016-02-19 ... Just so you know I am not a ravens fan when they won the Super Bowl I was a ... @TheBuzzer. 2016-02-08 .

VintageBMXcom
K-Dog. May 13 2008, 07:44 PM. I am die hard and loyal Baltimore RAVENS fan. The last few seasons have been a roller coaster 13-3 two ..

gmoneysack
Dec 31, 2014 - ... a weirdo Martavis Bryant monster game, K-Dog will ride Luck, Murray, ...... We can't all be as lucky as Ravens fan what with their BRAH head ...

notey.com
www.notey.com/blogs/prank-calls?page=3K-Dog decided to start off the call by pretending to be a smitten female fan and his .... who described himself as a second-season diehard Ravens fan from Utah.

bootsalefr.com
www.bootsalefr.com/?NFL_Baltimore_Ravens_Auto_Accessories...
Rating: 3.9 - ‎14 reviews
... everyone on the road is aware of your status as the #1 Baltimore Ravens fan. ... By K-dog. from Panama City Beach, FL. Verified Buyer. Comment about: A ...

chatsports
www.chatsports.com/.../the-phinsider-contributors-week-17-straight-up-winners-picks...Jan 1, 2017 - James and I were each 11-5, with Kdog 10-6, SUTTON 8-8, and Duke ... Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals ... CIN: Kevin, James, Kdog ..

Antonio Brown has come on strong the past couple of games whereas Tom has regressed. Brown is the new media favorite.

At any rate, Brady is certainly no longer the “consensus” MVP. He’s obviously still one of the favorites, but needs to have a couple of nice games to earn that distinction again.
Do you also not understand what consensus means? It means he is the favorite,which he is.
Everyone has to have 3 more games before they win an award when they have played 13 of 16.

Brady at this point is damn near unanimous.

Still is consensus mvp.
Last night threw a bit of tarnish on that prospect. He'll need to come through solidly in these last three games.

I could care less about an MVP award. I just wanna see number 12 doing his thing again. I saw some negative body language last night. Maybe he was sick like some have suggested.

Last night threw a bit of tarnish on that prospect. He'll need to come through solidly in these last three games.
It’s one game. Nobody besides people on this board downgrade Brady’s mvp season over 1 mediocre game.

Oh hey, it's a K. Dog thread...

tenor.gif

I could care less about an MVP award. I just wanna see number 12 doing his thing again. I saw some negative body language last night. Maybe he was sick like some have suggested.
Maybe they lost a game and the dolphins did a good job covering his receivers and rushing the qb

It’s one game. Nobody besides people on this board downgrade Brady’s mvp season over 1 mediocre game.
I'd assume exactly the opposite -- especially amongst the ranks of voters who will welcome any excuse not to bestow another honor on the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots