PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christian McCaffrey ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Mock dra

Most Mock drafts are putting in first round around 20 or s0. All the others have him with Pats at 32.
As I wrote, it's my opinion. I don't give a flying f### where the mock drafts have him. With Blount, White and Lewis, I'm not in favor of drafting a RB with our #1. For crissake, we just went a year without a #1. We have far more pressing needs. Finally, nothing against McCaffrey, he's a very good player. But, in today's NFL I'm not using a #1 on any running back.

As I wrote, it's my opinion. I don't give a flying f### where the mock drafts have him. With Blount, White and Lewis, I'm not in favor of drafting a RB with our #1. For crissake, we just went a year without a #1. We have far more pressing needs. Finally, nothing against McCaffrey, he's a very good player. But, in today's NFL I'm not using a #1 on any running back.
Belichick is going to.

We'll see. If you're interested in a wager on that PM me.
you are actually more than likely right. I think they will be short some defensive players unfortunately. And for some reason the Patriots find a way of finding and even creating those types of players in Edleman, Welker, White without going high. The kid looks exciting though.

you are actually more than likely right. I think they will be short some defensive players unfortunately. And for some reason the Patriots find a way of finding and even creating those types of players in Edleman, Welker, White without going high. The kid looks exciting though.
I agree. He seems electric. Just not electric enough for me at #1.

i dont understand drafting a guy who obviously wants to play for Denver

i would like him in LA, but if his heart isnt in it. then no point.

i dont understand drafting a guy who obviously wants to play for Denver

i would like him in LA, but if his heart isnt in it. then no point.
He wouldn't fit with the Chargers...

I wouldn't draft him in the first round. I like our running back situation. I expect dion lewis to regain his explosion next year. It wouldn't shock me if blount's back.

I don't want Mixon under any circumstances.
Yeah, what he did was horrifically cowardly & should be/ is frowned upon. That being said, everyone (most people) deserve a second chance. He is a talented player that would hopefully help our team.

Yeah, what he did was horrifically cowardly & should be/ is frowned upon. That being said, everyone (most people) deserve a second chance. He is a talented player that would hopefully help our team.

I'll Pass, he crossed way over the line.

Will be better than fournette

Depends what you're looking for. In our offense Fournette is a one or two down runner. McCaffrey is a three down player. We won the last two SBs in part because we had a RB that was a threat in the passing game.

Edit: Correction. He's a four down player because he's an excellent returner too.

Last edited:
Mccaffrey is a rich mans Woodhead
Fournette looks like AP in his prime.
He would extend Bradys career another 5 years.

Myra Kraft didn't interfere with the team, but that was basically the one string she placed when he bought the team.

Depends what you're looking for. In our offense Fournette is a one or two down runner. McCaffrey is a three down player. We won the last two SBs in part because we had a RB that was a threat in the passing game.

Edit: Correction. He's a four down player because he's an excellent returner too.

I would love to see him as a Pat, but I'll live (somehow) if it doesn't happen. ;)

I would love to see him as a Pat, but I'll live (somehow) if it doesn't happen. ;)

He's probably not someone I end up mocking but I'd love it if they do draft him and wouldn't be at all surprised. He fits the Patriot model as well as any prospect in the draft.

Myra Kraft didn't interfere with the team, but that was basically the one string she placed when he bought the team.
Oh ok. I stand corrected. We will NOT be drafting RB Joe Mixon (although he has a "LeVeon Bell" type skill set:().

Isn't Foster still on the radar as well?

I would put a significant wager on NE not selecting McCaffrey. He strikes me as exactly the type of luxury pick the team rarely makes in the first round.

I'll Pass, he crossed way over the line.
True. However, the dude was 17-18 years old when this happened. He was literally a kid. I DO NOT condone these actions whatsoever, but I think he deserves a second chance (whether it be with us or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back