PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christian McCaffrey ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think the above is true, I don't see him as a big everydown back, and I think someone else will try to make him that and he`ll be looking for that opportunity.

Not to be facetious, but why TF, if you had the choice, would you play RB instead of WR?

OK so the mock drafts have him as high as 19 now. Why won't the Pats grab this guy if there at 32> Or rather put it this way.. if he is there at 32 is there any way we don't take him?

The only offensive position I would spend a first on is TE, I would go defense otherwise.

Not to be facetious, but why TF, if you had the choice, would you play RB instead of WR?
Because that's what he's always been?

I can't explain it from the players context, but id bet if he's taken interviews he's calling himself a RB. Whether or not he'd change that down the road if it didn't work out (Tebow) I don't know. But as a draftee with a 1/2 rd grade, I'd imagine their preferred position carries some weight.

Mccaffrey can be the next Dion Lewis here, except bigger, faster, much better receiver,more durable and with better ball security

He'll add another element to this offense that teams won't be prepared for. Love Dion Lewis but it's been proven he won't last a full season.

I'd use a first on Mccaffrey because he's worth it. Ignore whatever position he's labeled. He's a game changing football player. He's gonna make big plays on the pros, and with his versatility he'd be a superstar here in Foxboro. He's a 4 down player. Great runner, he's a RB that catches and run routes like a WR, and he's dynamic on ST.

I know everyone wants defense, defense, defense, but look at the skill positions on offense. They need an influx of youth their. Let's start with Mccaffrey!!!

Mccaffrey can be the next Dion Lewis here, except bigger, faster, much better receiver,more durable and with better ball security

He'll add another element to this offense that teams won't be prepared for. Love Dion Lewis but it's been proven he won't last a full season.

I'd use a first on Mccaffrey because he's worth it. Ignore whatever position he's labeled. He's a game changing football player. He's gonna make big plays on the pros, and with his versatility he'd be a superstar here in Foxboro. He's a 4 down player. Great runner, he's a RB that catches and run routes like a WR, and he's dynamic on ST.

I know everyone wants defense, defense, defense, but look at the skill positions on offense. They need an influx of youth their. Let's start with Mccaffrey!!!
No way he will be around at 32. If he is I would take him- totally fits the offense and extreme versatility in combination with extreme athleticism and intelligence. My only concern is he is not a guy that can pound the ball inside when you need to control a game late and wear out a defense. If you draft him it would suggest trading Lewis and keeping Blount

I'm listening to the Move the Sticks podcast and they're going through the running backs in the combine, and talking about how Christian McCaffrey did very well when they let him do the WR drills. But they also keep adding "he and Kamara". They mention them together several times as hybrid RB/WR types who did well at the combine. Looking at the draft profiles, they're both in the same 1-2 round level. Just an observation. I'm not a draftnik so I hadn't heard of Kamara before just now. It could be that the Pats also have them rated similarly, and might take whichever falls to them.

I'm listening to the Move the Sticks podcast and they're going through the running backs in the combine, and talking about how Christian McCaffrey did very well when they let him do the WR drills. But they also keep adding "he and Kamara". They mention them together several times as hybrid RB/WR types who did well at the combine. Looking at the draft profiles, they're both in the same 1-2 round level. Just an observation. I'm not a draftnik so I hadn't heard of Kamara before just now. It could be that the Pats also have them rated similarly, and might take whichever falls to them.

The true hybrid wr/rb player in this draft is Samuel of Ohio state, he is a match up nightmare for defenses plus he has 4.31 speed. If he did not suffer from a bad case of butterfingers, I would say bb should be all over that guy.

I am concerned that Lewis, amendola and gronkowski can not stay healthy through a 16 game schedule and that Edelman had only done it a couple of times. Add in that Blount ran out of gas around Halloween and you see why we need more weapons on offense.

But this draft is crazy deep with playmakers on defense and bb needs to draft at least five defenders that can contribute next year.

We will have to use free agency for offensive depth.

Everybody has been raving about how he nailed the drills at the combine. Judge for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back