PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christian McCaffrey ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Keep reading more and more random articles that mention the Pats' 32nd as a plausible landing spot for him. (Though others mention that might be high for him and he is more likely second round somewhere)

His highlight reel is exciting that is for sure. I think we are going to draft defense but does anyone like him as our First Round pick? As I watch his highlights I find myself not wanting our rivals to get this kid lol. (The Patriot's role for me is also "Joy Prevention" for other fan bases as much as Joy Production us)

Another white guy? Bomani and Lebatard won't like that!
If any press people do have some kind of problem about this then I can't think of anything more aggravating. Take a gander at JE and Gronk's highlight compilations on Youtube and try to tell me how they are not freaking all world awesome. (Same with Danny)

I'd take him but we already have Lewis and white. Maybe if we can get Browns #12, we can trade down to a multiple picks and get him like high in the 2nd. I didn't see him going first round. We have other positions to address. But I absolutely love him. I can see him having the same impact like Gronk in our system. I think he's a 3 down back.

Why would you take McCaffrey when you have White and Lewis?

He's too small for 20 carries a game in the NFL, i think he's going to be a good player out of the backfield or in the slot in the NFL but i just don't think the Patriots need him at this time.

I think he's gone by the 20's anyway.

I'd take him but we already have Lewis and white. Maybe if we can get Browns #12, we can trade down to a multiple picks and get him like high in the 2nd. I didn't see him going first round. We have other positions to address. But I absolutely love him. I can see him having the same impact like Gronk in our system. I think he's a 3 down back.

He's too small for 20 carries a game in the NFL, i think he's going to be a good player out of the backfield or in the slot in the NFL but i just don't think the Patriots need him at this time.

White and Lewis are free agents end of the year. You know BB always plans ahead.

Mccaffrey is dynamic. If he doesn't make an impact running the ball his rookie year, he will receiving and ST.

He is a very good player. But i wouldn't take him at 32. The durablity concers make me shy away and he is similar to White and Lewis. I would love Dalvin Cook in the first if he falls, which he will not.

I think I'd rather we go QB, TE, Safety or LB. We already have White, Lewis, Foster and Lucien who can play that role.

People here would take McCaffrey in the first but I don't see Belichick ever doing it. Belichick almost always goes for the guys you can't get in free agency, top flight DL, TE's, LT's in the first, and almost never goes RB or WR. I could see them taking him in the second but not in the first. I think there's about a 90% chance they will go defense in the first round.

Similar to Peppers, I would not touch him unless he somehow falls to us at pick #64.

McCaffrey is good, but he isn't as good as Fournette and Cook. If we are picking a RB in the first round, it better be one of those two (and 99% those two will be long gone before #32). RB is too easily replaceable and production relies so heavily on the performance of the OL, and so if we are picking a RB in the first round it should be Fournette or Cook who are head-and-shoulders above every other RB in the draft (and again, we are not getting either unless we trade up).

A lineman is much more valuable in the first round because games are won in the trenches. A LB would be a fine pick as well since we lost Collins and there are many rumors suggesting a possible Hightower exit in the future.

I think he's gone by the 20's anyway.

I think you take him if you think you're not re-signing White.

We had Woody on the team when BB drafted Vereen in 2011. Then going into Vereen's last season of his rookie deal, we drafted White. 2017 is White's last season of his rookie deal.

We also have Lewis, but he's been used a lot differently than our traditional passing backs. He also didn't look fully back from his injury, though I'm hoping another off-season will get him back 100%.

I hope that we can get another first round pick, so i would be happy with Mcaffrey.

I think he's destined for college greatness only, I'd much rather take the best OL/DL on the board. McCaffery will probably be over-drafted, not live up to the hype, be cut in a cost-savings move, and picked up by BB later on to serve as a role player.

Regardless of if we take him or not, we must get another traditional back. We would have been screwed had Blount gotten hurt.

I think I'd rather we go QB, TE, Safety or LB. We already have White, Lewis, Foster and Lucien who can play that role.
Not a fan of Brissett? I'd think we'd take a QB next season but not another this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News