PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christian McCaffrey ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you take McCaffrey when you have White and Lewis?

He's too small for 20 carries a game in the NFL, i think he's going to be a good player out of the backfield or in the slot in the NFL but i just don't think the Patriots need him at this time.

I think he's gone by the 20's anyway.

I love both Lewis & White, but McCaffrey is really talented.

McCaffrey has Lewis's moves with White's hands..... with blazzzzzing speed.

I know Lewis returned a kickoff for a touchdown in the playoffs, but McCaffrwy is a great kick returner.

He would be a great fit for our team.
We have not used a 1st round pick on an offensive player since we drafted Soldier in 2011.

I would love to see McCaffrey added to our offense.

Good Luck covering him with a linebacker.

This guy makes me think of the RB version of Shea McClellin pre-draft. Positional versatility, but the body type that isn't particularly good for either position in the NFL. I think he can and will be a decent player, but not the way we need him to be right now (I'd like to see a Le'Veon Bell type although that's obviously a lot to ask). And in my opinion, definitely not a first round pick. I loved McClellin pre-draft, but I'm not getting fooled again.

Not a fan of Brissett? I'd think we'd take a QB next season but not another this year.

I love Brissett and he's my hope for Brady's heir but look at the dividends their approach to the QB position has paid year in and year out.

Sure they have some misses like Mallett but Cassell and JimmyG are both looking primed to return more than what it cost to draft them while also supplying us with a quality backup in case of the unspeakable for 2-3 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went QB anywhere from the 2nd round onwards. It's a good investment of a draft pick. This is assuming Jimmy is traded, obvs.

I love Brissett and he's my hope for Brady's heir but look at the dividends their approach to the QB position has paid year in and year out.

Sure they have some misses like Mallett but Cassell and JimmyG are both looking primed to return more than what it cost to draft them while also supplying us with a quality backup in case of the unspeakable for 2-3 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if we went QB anywhere from the 2nd round onwards. It's a good investment of a draft pick. This is assuming Jimmy is traded, obvs.
Interesting to see where Brissett ends up, they seem to think very highly of him and if I could compare him to a white QB (you can only compare players of the same race if I'm not mistaken) I'd say he looks Big Ben esque. Seems very mature and the type of leader you need at QB. Brady may out last him too. Could draft QB two years in a row but think it's usually every other year or so but I'm sure they'd take a guy if they liked him enough doubt there's any rules set in stone.

Also, that's like 3 serious post in a row from you, where's the jokes? Ian might wanna deal you as you seem to have fallen off a cliff.

Interesting to see where Brissett ends up, they seem to think very highly of him and if I could compare him to a white QB (you can only compare players of the same race if I'm not mistaken) I'd say he looks Big Ben esque. Seems very mature and the type of leader you need at QB. Brady may out last him too. Could draft QB two years in a row but think it's usually every other year or so but I'm sure they'd take a guy if they liked him enough doubt there's any rules set in stone.

Also, that's like 3 serious post in a row from you, where's the jokes? Ian might wanna deal you as you seem to have fallen off a cliff.

I'm doing this thing where I seem serious for several weeks in a row and then I'll post something like "Mitchell is just Dobson 2.0" and people will think I'm serious and lose their minds disliking my posts.

Long con bruh

I'm not sure Bill would take a rb this high, I'd rather focus on DL, corner(especially if Ryan leaves), OL or even tight end with
that pick.

I wouldn't hate it but wouldn't love it.. But the thing is it would spending a 1st round pick on something the Pats already have, which is a satellite back. Yes I know White and Lewis are up after next year but there is gonna be genuine fill a need talent sitting there. Would much rather take a LB, DE or TE at #32.

I think I would rather take someone like Kareem Hunt, D'Onta Foreman, Samaje Perine, or Wayne Gallman if any are there in the 3rd round.

The video here is the first time I've ever seen him. The kid looked good. He has the same skills as Edelman, a very keen sense for the open spaces and the speed to get there.

I'd love McCaffrey on this team. He's a special player who could do so many things for this team. He can play all 3 downs, return kicks, catch the ball. He has great vision, cut back ability, and is strong for his size. Also has excellent speed and good hands (can split him out wide). I have a feeling he goes before 32 though, especially if he has a good to great combine. But he'd be a great weapon for Belichick.

I'd love McCaffrey on this team. He's a special player who could do so many things for this team. He can play all 3 downs, return kicks, catch the ball. He has great vision, cut back ability, and is strong for his size. Also has excellent speed and good hands (can split him out wide). I have a feeling he goes before 32 though, especially if he has a good to great combine. But he'd be a great weapon for Belichick.
Honestly if he was still there at 32 I think it would be a no brainer to get him on this team with Brady to get him the ball. Now the more I read, the more I think no way he is still there at 32. Someone is going to take him earlier.

I'd like to see a Le'Veon Bell type

Not the same guy because of size, but watch McCaffrey's running style. It's almost a carbon copy of Bell's. Patience and balance. McCaffrey is a 'babybel'*

babybel-us-197387.jpg

* It's a dutch-ish cheese.

Would be a great replacement for Edelman, who is getting up there, if converted to WR. Could learn directly from Minitron and replace Amendola if they cannot get an agreement. But I doubt it.

I'd be very surprised to see BB take a RB in the first round and not just because Maroney didn't work out. It's clear they believe RBs can be found later in the draft or UDFAs or FAs. You never know who BB's going to select and many times I've said "who?" after a pick, but he's often right.

I'd be very surprised to see BB take a RB in the first round and not just because Maroney didn't work out. It's clear they believe RBs can be found later in the draft or UDFAs or FAs. You never know who BB's going to select and many times I've said "who?" after a pick, but he's often right.

Not first round, but the Pats did draft Shane Vereen in the second round. That's plenty high enough, and Mccaffrey is the much better prospect.

I don't want him.

Many reasons:

RB is loaded
ILB/OLB/DE is not
We don't pay RB's. So we use our top pick for a 4/5 yr rental. I want guys to stick, like Vince, Brady, Mayo... HT;)

I love both Lewis & White, but McCaffrey is really talented.

McCaffrey has Lewis's moves with White's hands..... with blazzzzzing speed.

I know Lewis returned a kickoff for a touchdown in the playoffs, but McCaffrwy is a great kick returner.

He would be a great fit for our team.
We have not used a 1st round pick on an offensive player since we drafted Soldier in 2011.

I would love to see McCaffrey added to our offense.

Good Luck covering him with a linebacker.

After watching that video, hope we get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes