PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs release Justin Houston: take him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if the Patriots didn't use a pick from the top 3 rounds on the secondary. We've got some aging players there, getting a couple talented understudies in the secondary is probably on Bill's to-do list

We are pretty bad at drafting corners/safeties. The only one who we drafted and has stuck a long time is Devin McCourty (2010 draft). And Chung needed to explore other waters before returning and becoming good.

I'd say our success rate on secondary picks is probably around 1/3 or even 1/4? So many wasted 2nd rounders on undersized safeties and corners.

We have 12 draft picks however. So this is the year to try to get the draft 'right'. I'll be interested to see how BB approaches it.

More than likely we acquire at least one more player by trade. BB tends to do better with trades more so than with picks. Look at acquisitions like Van Noy, Revis, Talib, Cooks, Amendola, Welker, Moss etc. If anyone can find an undervalued bargain via trade, I trust BB to find that bargain.

Last edited:
We are pretty bad at drafting corners/safeties. The only one who we drafted and has stuck a long time is Devin McCourty (2010 draft). And Chung needed to explore other waters before returning and becoming good.

Mostly because the Titans are paying $20m+ a year to field a Patriots-alum CB team.:cool:

Duron Harmon?

This Jackson kid looks pretty good...Malcolm Butler contributed in one game at least, right?

Ryan Logan's had a good career. Justin Coleman and Darryl Roberts are doing just fine in the NFL...

We are pretty bad at drafting corners/safeties.

This may be one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen. Other than Jordan Richards, and the Wheatley/Wilhite combo, name someone else who's "pretty bad"?

Patriots drafted corners and safeties are not only major contributors here, but throughout the league.

Tavon Wilson, for example, still starting in the league. Darius Butler played in the league for nearly a decade. Even Sterling Moore played for like 8 years.

Samuel 4 x pro bowl. Meriweather was good and even Hobbs wasnt that bad. Good return guy. Wilson was solid.

Slater was drafted as a safety I think and there was this Ty guy also.

Denard flamed out after 2 years but he was a 7th rounder.

This may be one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen. Other than Jordan Richards, and the Wheatley/Wilhite combo, name someone else who's "pretty bad"?
Cyrus Jones and Ras-I-Dowling. In general the 2nd round has not been kind to DB draft picks for the Patriots. But in other rounds they've done quite well.

Seems like another one of these guys whose supposed to be “scary” and going to kill Brady in a playoff game, but then you never hear from him. Kind of like almost every defensive end that opposing fan bases hype up. Usually they are just one trick ponies who can just run after the quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back