PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs release Justin Houston: take him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much $$$

I wonder if, for the money that would require, we couldn't just keep Flowers who is proven in this system.

Since 2014 hes played in 43 out of a possible 64 games which means hes missed a 3rd of the games.

1 year only. Maybe 2 but based on playing time.

Too much $$$
yep I think it's the same with Flowers etc.

I personally wouldn't expect any other bigger edge additions. A rotation of Bennett, Clayborn, Wise, (Rivers) and top draft picks stacks up favorably compared to the 2016 DE roster and others. Resources will be put in other positions imo.

I personally wouldn't expect any other bigger edge additions. A rotation of Bennett, Clayborn, Wise, (Rivers) and top draft picks stacks up favorably compared to the 2016 DE roster and others. Resources will be put in other positions imo.
I would be surprised if the Patriots didn't use a pick from the top 3 rounds on the secondary. We've got some aging players there, getting a couple talented understudies in the secondary is probably on Bill's to-do list

John Simon

I would be surprised if the Patriots didn't use a pick from the top 3 rounds on the secondary. We've got some aging players there, getting a couple talented understudies in the secondary is probably on Bill's to-do list

Certainly.

Would rather keep trey flowers for the money he would cost. Houston is a good player but always seems to get hurt.

That's why Flowers will probably be way more expensive than Houston. He's older and has an injury history.

I don’t think he will command as much as some of you are assuming. He’s missed a generous percentage of games. I’d absolutely take him if the dollars are right.

Bennett/Houston > Trey Flowers.
Is bennett/houston better than flowers/bennett though? Guess it all depends on the price point of justin houston

Last edited:
Is bennett/houaton better than flowers/bennett though? Guess it all depends on the price point of justin houston

And that's the point we are talking about a possibly overpaid Flowers here.

The only question about Houston is his age/injuries. When he's healthy, he's an absolute beast, and he's way more than just a pass-rusher.

Think more along Cameron Wake as a fit, I also really like simon last year, I hope they can hold on to him

Pioli drafted him.

Hes done. KC defense sucked last year.

Houston is on his last legs.

Also, his head was in the neutral zone on the Dee Ford penalty. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes