PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Chiefs @ Broncos game thread - (Updated) Reaction to Mahomes' Injury

I mean, in general, yeah, it's not a great idea to expose QBs (especially those already nicked up) to contact.

But you seem to be assuming that Mahomes' ankle injury put him at significantly greater risk of dislocating his kneecap (which none of us, yourself included, know to be true). And furthermore, the QB sneak is a low risk, relatively benign play. The QB remains low to the ground, there is little momentum going into the play from either the ball carrier or the tackler(s).

I can possibly see critiquing Reid for running a QB draw from shotgun in a longer yardage situation with a gimpy QB. But a QB sneak? Nah.

I’m not saying a result like this is to be expected. But when your QB is grimacing and limping every time he’s hit, it’s common sense that you’d want to avoid having him diving into a pile of about 2,000 lbs worth of accelerating, moving players trying to hit him. The result is not that surprising.

Matt More and KC offense has put up more points in 2 1/2 quarters at Denver than Tom Brady and the vaunted Pat's offense put up in 4 quarters in Buffalo...hmmmm :rolleyes:
Is this a real post?

No one is to blame for Patrick Mahomes injury

Really? Because I remember saying out loud “what the **** are they doing?” on the QB sneak before I even saw Mahomes writhing in pain.

Andy Reid has no regrets for calling quarterback sneak

Andy Reid so predictable in defending every mistake he’s ever made. Cites low risk of injuries on QB sneaks, except most QB sneaks don’t involve QBs who are hobbling all over the field playing through a bad leg injury. Guy is a clown as usual.
I totally agree, although I was worried about him aggravating his ankle injury and that's what Andy should have been worried about too. Bad decision when you consider what Patrick was already dealing with. Who knows? Maybe the instability in his ankle contributed to his knee getting pushed out of joint.

Where does he say the injuries are totally unrelated? I take it you are not familiar with overcompensation, a very well know cause for injuring one leg and then the other?

Patrick Mahomes will need surgery on knee, sooner or later

You have no ****ing clue what you're talking about, you're just puking uninformed opinion so you can blame someone for a blameless freak injury because, I don't know, you think Andy Reid is a bad coach.

You have no ****ing clue what you're talking about, you're just puking uninformed opinion so you can blame someone for a blameless freak injury because, I don't know, you think Andy Reid is a bad coach.

So you made that up about what Chao said, and this is your sad response? Nice.

I wish him a speedy recovery, even if him missing games benefits the Pats. He's good for football, especially since there don't seem to be many good QB's of the future right now.

Amen. Great football requires great quarterbacks, and the league is really suffering from a long dry spell. I believe that the ONLY current elite quarterback drafted in the entire decade of 2006-2015 is Russell Wilson.

You don't have epic battles like last years AFCC without players like Mahomes. Here's to a complete recovery.

What? How could they be mutually exclusive?

You didn’t notice Mahomes limping all over the field and clenching his teeth last night before the play? Sure dude, I made it up. Nice terrible straw man argument there. Mahomes was gimpy as fck last night, and purposefully initiating contact was a bad idea. Of course I don’t think all QB sneaks are likely to cause an injury. Do you really not believe Mahomes was way more at risk for an injury there?

Yeah, obviously he at least risked further injuring his ankle on a sneak.

Who does Brady blame if calls his own number?

Himself.

I don’t recall seeing Brady on a QB sneak when it’s been well known he’s dealing with an injury. In fact, that is a big clue to determine if he is. Knee/ankle injuries are problems for for two reasons. One, you lack the push so it’s harder to get the first down. Two, lower leg injuries are the worst when it comes to setbacks and reinjury.

Chiefs only had 11 sacks in 6 games. They have 9 in this game. Wtf

Unfortunately, the Spagnuolo defense may be kicking in. Look out if that happens and Mahomes comes back healthy.

Dr. Chao explicitly said the injuries were completely unrelated. Unless you're an orthopaedic surgeon and not telling anyone, you're just inventing connections between the injuries that medical professionals have already explained had nothing at all to do with one another. Brady's also run (and called his own number for them) sneaks while hobbled, but his knee hasn't exploded. A high ankle sprain on one leg simply doesn't make you any more susceptible to a knee dislocation on the other, so shut the **** up.

Seems like you’re rattled and losing your ****, Karl Marx. I’m so shocked someone with that avatar gets angry, outright lies, and uses curse words when there’s a disagreement.

Himself.

I don’t recall seeing Brady on a QB sneak when it’s been well known he’s dealing with an injury. In fact, that is a big clue to determine if he is. Knee/ankle injuries are problems for for two reasons. One, you lack the push so it’s harder to get the first down. Two, lower leg injuries are the worst when it comes to setbacks and reinjury.
I get that “Reid” is a well known injury but what do we know about Brady’s injuries game to game?

I think dumping all this on Reid also assumes he got a straight answer regarding the health of the player from the medical staff and/or the player.

BB made a 42 year old Brady run the QB sneak how many times against the Giants because his 1st round RB can't pick up a tough yard?

Maybe we should go a little bit easier on Reid.

Football players play football.

Not surprised Reid is catching heat, I mentioned it a few pages back last night. Putting Mahomes in that situation knowing he's hurting over his ankle and other options to use on goal line.

son’s a pterodactyl. Daughter’s a mermaid. I’m gonna be ash from Pokémon.

My youngest son was married on Halloween and he has a great zombie costume that he wears in Salem MA. He made the news a couple of times with it. His daughter usually gets made up to be one of his bloody victims. I'm not sure what his wife is going as this year.

My wife and I usually dress up as proud parents/grandparents.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back