PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Chiefs @ Broncos game thread - (Updated) Reaction to Mahomes' Injury

I don't get all the recriminations about Reid using Mahomes on the QB sneak. What do you mean, "he put him at risk" on that play. How is that different from "putting him at risk" EVERY time he drops back for a pass. Or how he puts himself at risk every time he breaks out of the pocket. Christ, its FOOTBALL and players are "at risk" on every single play, and so some of them guys are going to get hurt. There is no more risk on that play than on any other drop back he took. Just one of those things. Hopefully he'll be back sooner than later. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

BTW- It would be interesting to see just why the KC defense was so effective. Don't forget that we have a statue of a QB as well. Could be that we use a spread 'em out formula for that game

Bad luck for the Chiefs. I never like to see any players injured even on rival teams

Guys defending Reid on the QB sneak play call aren't taking into account that Broncos could have lined up their midget DT to hide under the pile and hammer away at his knee cap unseen.

If I understood Chao's article correctly, playing him prior to surgery/full recovery is extremely risky, and his mobility will be greatly effected. Trying not to be biased here, but I'd proceed with extreme caution if I were KC. Many athletes destroy their careers by doing stuff like this. Is it worth this type of risk/short-term reward when you're talking about a guy with potential to dominate the league for the next 10-15 years?

If I understood Chao's article correctly, playing him prior to surgery/full recovery is extremely risky, and his mobility will be greatly effected. Trying not to be biased here, but I'd proceed with extreme caution if I were KC. Many athletes destroy their careers by doing stuff like this. Is it worth this type of risk/short-term reward when you're talking about a guy with potential to dominate the league for the next 10-15 years?

I wouldn’t play around as well. Coming back after 3 games? He’s your future franchise player. Why risk everything for one season?

Packers and Vikings will hang losses on them. 2 teams that have good defenses and can run the ball.

I read somewhere it takes 6 weeks to recover so why would he come back after 3 games? Idk. Chiefs better play this safe. The guy’s basically their future.

I understand Mahomes is a star, but the fact people in the media were acting like someone died last night was truly embarrassing. Players are injured weekly and football doesn’t live or die with Mahomes playing or not. I hope all is well, but all the extra stuff from the media on social media was annoying.

Packers and Vikings will hang losses on them. 2 teams that have good defenses and can run the ball.

If he comes back quickly i would test that knee. If i am an opposing team i would make him move out of the pocket as much as possible. Maybe a few blitzes.

According to Dr Chao this is exactly right.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...-or-later?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

The Chiefs are playing a dangerous game here.

I understand Mahomes is a star, but the fact people in the media were acting like someone died last night was truly embarrassing. Players are injured weekly and football doesn’t live or die with Mahomes playing or not. I hope all is well, but all the extra stuff from the media on social media was annoying.

When brady got injured in 2008 did the media show this much doom and gloom? I doubt it. Probably went oh shucks!

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back