PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Chiefs @ Broncos game thread - (Updated) Reaction to Mahomes' Injury

They can take Foles off our hands

and I’m sure it’s been mentioned already, but, seriously....what the hell was Andy Reid thinking? Sending his already hobbled Qb on a sneak play like that where at the very least it would affect his ankle.

Karma is real.

Chiefs fans wish career ending injury on Brady on a routine basis.

Sadly, I think this is the career trajectory he's on simply because of his style of play. He leaves himself open to these injuries, though the one last night was a freak thing on a sneak. Nonetheless, guys who run around and extend plays as much as he does are just more susceptible to getting hurt.

I wish him a speedy recovery, even if him missing games benefits the Pats. He's good for football, especially since there don't seem to be many good QB's of the future right now.

I don't know, for a guy who runs the ball a fair amount, he does a much better job than anyone besides maybe Russell Wilson at getting down before he takes a hit. He certainly doesn't play like Cam Newton does, seeking contact and taking hits like a running back. Last night's injury was a freak thing caused by a rapid twitch movement. Could happen to anyone at any time, including Brady, though you wonder if someone like Mahomes is more susceptible to that sort of thing simply because of how athletic and tuned up he is.

Certainly agree an injury to Mahomes is bad for football. I hope it's only a short-term thing.

Karma is real.

Chiefs fans wish career ending injury on Brady on a routine basis.
Yea there are some on CP who are just mean-spirited, a-holes.

Some say it jokingly such as..."I hate Tom Brady. I'm sick of this guy ruining my life. I want someone to spike his avocado smoothies with Drano". I admit, I had a chuckle at that one...

Basically he could come back in 3 weeks but he would have to change the way he plays. .

Bingo and teams have discovered that if you keep Mahomes in the pocket he is less effective. Make him drop back.

BaconCandy pointed out something that I believe he is correct. Mahomes likes to roll out and throw because he can get in timing with the WR on the move. Mahomes is going to struggle if that is taken away.

The xray shows stuff isn't broken and is relatively in the right place. Which is of course good. The rest of the stuff is all from the MRI. Anyone making any 2-3 week predictions, like they all are over on the Chief's boards are just plain old guesses.

Yes, this, pretty much. Assuming the artery isn't threatened, surgery isn't necessary, per se. In theory, he could be back in a couple of weeks.

You're right there, there's a loooot of hoping and praying at 345 Park Ave.

Artery at risk or not, wouldn’t be require surgery eventually (at the end of the season) for the dislocated patella, and still deal with the risk of re-injury, limited mobility, etc? Or he is “put of the woods” so to speak with the best case scenario MRI? I thought that Chao wrote surgery is inevitable with his injury, the only question being when.

I don't know, for a guy who runs the ball a fair amount, he does a much better job than anyone besides maybe Russell Wilson at getting down before he takes a hit. He certainly doesn't play like Cam Newton does, seeking contact and taking hits like a running back. Last night's injury was a freak thing caused by a rapid twitch movement. Could happen to anyone at any time, including Brady, though you wonder if someone like Mahomes is more susceptible to that sort of thing simply because of how athletic and tuned up he is.

Certainly agree an injury to Mahomes is bad for football. I hope it's only a short-term thing.
Agree. Mahomes is good for the NFL and good for the Pats/KC competitiveness. Hope he comes back 100% but something tells me this might be something he needs to deal with in the offseason.

Good analysis from a ortho surgeon.

Patrick Mahomes' knee injury and projected recovery timetable, as explained by medical expert

Some say it jokingly such as..."I hate Tom Brady. I'm sick of this guy ruining my life. I want someone to spike his avocado smoothies with Drano". I admit, I had a chuckle at that one...

The 2 worst fanbases that I have encountered on road games are Chiefs fans and Bengals fans.

2 bitter groups that support losing franchises. 2 groups that have absolutely no clue about the game.

Yes there are a handful that talk about Brady getting injured and some do it just kidding.

However, there are a few that make comments about Brady getting injured or reference the '08 injury and the timing and tone of the post is not cool. And yes the time and tone is mean spirited.

Too bad to see Mahomes get hit and have to leave the game, hopefully he will not be out for more than a few weeks.

He is a good player and is good for the NFL.

Which is why I'm rooting for the Colts in that matchup. I felt dirty typing that. I do believe both the Colts and Texans will drop a few more games before the Pats play @ Houston! KC can very well lose a few of their upcoming games especially vs Green Bay and Minnesota! The Pats/Chiefs game might be meaningless by December 8th!
no game is meaningless until the Bills start losing some games

The 2 worst fanbases that I have encountered on road games are Chiefs fans and Bengals fans.

2 bitter groups that support losing franchises. 2 groups that have absolutely no clue about the game.

I would hate to see this fan base lower itself to the level of Chiefs or Steeler fans. The kids isn't responsible for the idiots who follow his team, everything I see about the kid indicates he is a really good person and someone I want to see play. I hope the injury is a best case scenario for his sake.

no game is meaningless until the Bills start losing some games
No worries! The Bills will definitely lose a game or 2 they're that favored to win in vintage Bills fashion! I still expect them to win one of the wildcard spots in the end though!

No worries! The Bills will definitely lose a game or 2 they're that favored to win in vintage Bills fashion! I still expect them to win one of the wildcard spots in the end though!
how could they not get a wild card with the **** show this AFC is this year

If Mahomes is out for awhile (or the season), 11-5 is a near certain bye as the #2 seed and a 10-6 tiebreaker seems even more likely. I don’t see a Mahomes-less KC, Houston, Indy, or Baltimore winning more than 10 games.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back