PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs are trading OL Yasir Durant to the New England Patriots

They have never cut a day 1 or day 2 pick their rookie seasons. Doesn’t mean they won’t if the guy is horrible, but Belichick’s been here 20 years and it hasn’t happened yet. They cut day 3 guys all the time.
No, but they have given draftees injury designations then got rid of them soon enough. Another thing they haven't done is keep a bad player regardless of draft status on the roster if he couldn't at least add to the special teams units.

I don't see it with Perkins the same way I didn't see it with Sherman. I get that some posters anoint these players as their binkies, but we can't deny what our eyes are telling us.

Will the Capn approve of this move ????

Since you asked...

The answer is No, because:

1) Although he has the desired wingspan for an OT to go with 3 years of D1 starting experience at LT, he's also unathletic even for his size...

And while he is a larger (& less athletic) version of them, his NFL comp is still too similar to those we already have here: Cachoo, Cunnyham & Herron...

2) This trade should not even have been necessary if Billy & the New Minions had just done the Smart Thing and simply drafted the UNANIMOUSLY Better Prospect, Trey Smith, instead of Billy Sherman... like KC did... and who could then afford to trade his predecessor, Yasir Durant, to another team... such as the Patriots... because their own OL pick in the same round didn't work out... as some predicted he might... The more things change...

Last edited:
Cajuste is finally starting to play well, I like Herron and now we add Durant, not too many O-lines in the league can go 9 deep. Look at KC last year as an example.
I think if you look at Cajuste he exemplifies an OL that hasn't been around/played a lot in the NFL game - better/more consistent run blocker than pass protector when given the opportunities, but has the tools to improve.

seems more like a move for the interior. they need another body besides Karras, and I don't think Redmond, Ferentz et al are answers

They're not, but neither is Durant on the inside... He's competition for Cachoo, Cunnyham & Herron on the outside...

He has got to be worth a try as there is not a lot after Herron/Cajuste

Since you asked...

The answer is No, because:

1) Although he has the desired wingspan for an OT to go with 3 years of D1 starting experience at LT, he's also unathletic even for his size...

And while he is a larger (& less athletic) version of them, his NFL comp is still too similar to those we already have here: Cachoo, Cunnyham & Herron...

2) This trade should not even have been necessary if Billy & the New Minions had done the Smart Thing and simply drafted the Obviously Better Prospect, Trey Smith, instead of Billy Sherman. The more things change...
Nah-sir Durant?

Comments:

1.) I think we were interested in him because he is a tackle that lines up at guard as well.

2.) Wonder why the Chiefs would give him up...don't they need OL-men?

3.) Does not bode well for Cajuste, IMO.
The O-line was the chefs weakness last year, and if they are willing to trade him what does that say about his ability. asking for a friend.

I took a quick peek. Mostly a bunch of cheater, we got Thuney they got our garbage, etc.
I don't think you're gonna hear much bad about him. He played at Missouri, so a lot of Chiefs fans will automatically like him. He's an UDFA and never got off the practice squad so there's not a lot to talk about. Seems like it's an ok trade for everyone. We don't really have a place for him, and a 7th round pick isn't much to give up for him. And for us, a 7th rounder is better than an outright release.

Or he’ll be gone in five minutes…
For those who think that you are serious

The patriots have never cut a 4th round or earlier rookie before the season starts

For those who think that you are serious

The patriots have never cut a 4th round or earlier rookie before the season starts
Are we still talking about Yasir Durant, pretty sure he wasn’t a 4th rounder for the Pats?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back