PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Charges against Patriots CB Jack Jones were dropped

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
The firearm toting non mask wearing faction. That has had covid, has kids in the military, and doesn't listen to Felgar every day, or visit the Chiefs board regularly.
Animated GIF

I agree with this. Having said that, you’ll love the one you hire if you ever need one.
I have done so. Their expertise in navigating their own asinine arcana and gimmicks is without equal. The analogy would be if you wish rob your neighbor, you might seek the counsel of a good B-and-E man.

The firearm toting non mask wearing faction. That has had covid, has kids in the military, and doesn't listen to Felgar every day, or visit the Chiefs board regularly.
LOL. Your passion has driven you beyond coherence. Happens to me all the time. Just wait it out.

Almost every criminal statue starts out with "knowingly and with intent to"... It could be as simple as someone told him it was OK, or the ticket clerk told him it was OK. Or someone else packed his bag or he really took the wrong bag. If you can't get past knowingly, you don't have a case.

Again, it is perfectly legal to pack an unloaded gun locked in a case in your luggage.

Having only 20 lawyers allowed to defend the accused against political crimes has got to be a major reason why Iran can boast about its moral health.

Similarly, North Korea with its 500 lawyers is a paragon of virtue especially compared to that cesspool of South Korea with its 33,955!
Lawyers are excellent at navigating the asinine minutiae of their own self-serving drivel, hence their ubiquity in late-phase societies adumbrating decadence. The decline of such societies begins with levels of crippling complexity requiring the services of such people, just as the late Egyptians had their scribes, the late Ottoman Turks their eunuchs, and thugs their entourages. In later phases, matters grow so convoluted that lawyers take over government entirely, on the basis of their meretricious "expertise," as in present day Washington, and matters which ought to be settled democratically are settled in court. Familiar?

Money and having the right pals.

Any of you guys would be watching the Pats game from the prison rec room TV.

you might be right if not for the thousands of cases before it that have already set precedent

you sound upset that the Pats arent going to get hurt from this

Can the rest of us stroll through Logan security with a loaded gun, claim ignorance and get let off the hook?

Not celebrating him getting a free pass for the sake of the team. How long until he screws up his second chance?

if you could afford a legitimate lawyer, yes you would get off the hook with likely a fine or something

Lawyers are excellent at navigating the asinine minutiae of their own self-serving drivel, hence their ubiquity in late-phase societies adumbrating decadence. The decline of such societies begins with levels of crippling complexity requiring the services of such people, just as the late Egyptians had their scribes, the late Ottoman Turks their eunuchs, and thugs their entourages. In later phases, matters grow so convoluted that lawyers take over government entirely, on the basis of their meretricious "expertise," as in present day Washington, and matters which ought to be settled democratically are settled in court. Familiar?
All too familiar with your babble.

As a fan, I'm glad, but the whole thing smells to high heaven. Character matters. We'll see what sort of career the guy has going forward.
Agreed, it's all on jack from here on out.. he's a good player, and in this system has a chance to become a great player. He has plenty of support and guidance here with all the leaders on Defense. There are so many guys that wish they could be in Jack's position that didn't get the chance he has.

Whaaat? Like, ALL charges dropped? Didn't see that coming.

The sky was falling on this board when he was arrested. All one needed to do was a simple google search to find out that thousands of these situations occur in the United States, yearly. 99% of the time the charges are dropped and a fine is issued. There are clear laws written and loads of President to understand this.

As a fan, I'm glad, but the whole thing smells to high heaven. Character matters. We'll see what sort of career the guy has going forward.
This is where I am at. Glad he got that cleared up but there are so many red flags with this guy already that I don't see him lasting past his rookie deal. Not that anyone will every turn into Hernandez in all likelihood but there were lots of red flags there as well and they seemed to be ignored until it all blew up.

The sky was falling on this board when he was arrested. All one needed to do was a simple google search to find out that thousands of these situations occur in the United States, yearly. 99% of the time the charges are dropped and a fine is issued. There are clear laws written and loads of President to understand this.
Then the law is poorly written if 99% of people who break it suffer little to no penalty for doing so.

I'm just glad Belichick waited it out to see what would happen rather than cutting him immediately.

"Precedent" Some precedents are better than others. All sorts of pernicious drivel is justified by precedent. The carefully cultivated practice of valuing precedent under Common Law is important, but perversions of that practice abound. My mother died recently at 101. When she was in high school she was denied the right to take advanced science courses. The reason: the precedent that such courses were for boys only. Her father, a contentious loudmouth (like his grandson), straightened out the "educators," and she ended up in college with a microbiology major.

I'm just glad Belichick waited it out to see what would happen rather than cutting him immediately.

Once the initial reports came out/he was arrested, as a mgt team (RK, JK, BB, Groh with advisors such as Stacy James, Jimmy Nolan, Jim Cobery chiming in) one wonders what the vote was (cut ASAP or wait it out) and did Bob overrule to keep or let the vote stand (keep or cut)

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back