PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Central Thread For Mourning/Canonizing Jimmy Garoppolo

If this discussion is intended for Patriots fans, aka NFL football fans I have to wonder why you're a participant. I write that because you know and I know and everyone legitimately paying attention to all of this knows that your viewpoints aren't legitimate. I think there are signs, somewhat subtle right now, that Brady may be in decline. Now, whether those signs are attributable to age or the absence of his weapons is a subject for genuine discussion. But, unfortunately, genuine discussion isn't part of your shtick. You're a perpetual ****-stirrer. You know that retaining Jimmy G. and Brady was not possible without throwing the salary completely out of whack and making it impossible to sign the guys they need to sign to remain competitive. There's a minority part of me that thinks it would have been wiser to move on from Brady and keep JG. But, I believe that might have been a mistake and would have come back and bitten them in the ass. I, and many, many others here are willing to admit they're not sure. Not you, at least not publicly. You're a fake, a phony and a troll because you're now operating from a position of strength in that JG is gone and Brady's still here. I think JG is both a good guy and a good QB. I hope he has a great career. But, if he doesn't, at least my disappointment will be tempered by the fact that an ***hole like you was wrong.

Given that he was saying the same things three seasons ago it makes it a safe bet that he’s just another troll.

I can handle it and accept it if Jimmy becomes an all-time great. I just am sick of the likes of Shank and Felger talking all the time about a "feud" going on between Belichick and Kraft.

The idea of Belichick being internally pissed over this really upsets me because I believe he can and will build the next QB phase when it's needed, and yes you need a great QB but you also need a great overall team to win consistently, and Belichick is required for that.

If this discussion is intended for Patriots fans, aka NFL football fans I have to wonder why you're a participant. I write that because you know and I know and everyone legitimately paying attention to all of this knows that your viewpoints aren't legitimate.

My viewpoints are all too legitimate hence the emotional reaction to them.

I think there are signs, somewhat subtle right now, that Brady may be in decline. Now, whether those signs are attributable to age or the absence of his weapons is a subject for genuine discussion. But, unfortunately, genuine discussion isn't part of your shtick. You're a perpetual ****-stirrer.

Think I've raised very legitimate issues regarding this coach, his recent actions which have been very out of character, this current 40 year old QB and the future of this football team. I take the label of ****-stirrer as a compliment coming from Patriot Fantasy Camp. That label means I'm a grown up offering adult opinions.

You know that retaining Jimmy G. and Brady was not possible without throwing the salary cap completely out of whack and making it impossible to sign the guys they need to sign to remain competitive.

I agree and said so in a prior post. You can't keep them both and that's why I believe BB wanted a definitive end date for Brady and the owner said no.

I think JG is both a good guy and a good QB. I hope he has a great career. But, if he doesn't, at least my disappointment will be tempered by the fact that an ***hole like you was wrong.

Wanting this team to be a viable championship threat 10 years from now makes me an ***hole?? Actually I'm sure it does when it comes to the front running pinkhat it's all about Tommy, Tommy, Tommy "fans" who have dominated the scene around here for the last decade +.

Last edited:
I have no issue with trading JG because it means that Brady has continued to play at a top level.

In a perfect world, I’d have liked to have seen one of two things: 1) JG retained for one more season, which was understandably almost impossible considering the cap ramifications. 2) A bit more in return than the 41st or 42nd pick.

My viewpoints are all too legitimate hence the emotional reaction to them.

Think I've raised very legitimate issues regarding this coach, his recent actions which have been very out of character, this current 40 year old QB and the future of this football team. I take the label of ****-stirrer as a compliment coming from Patriot Fantasy Camp. That label means I'm a grown up offering adult opinions.

I agree and said so in a prior post. You can't keep them both and that's why I believe BB wanted a definitive end date for Brady and the owner said no.

Wanting this team to be a viable championship threat 10 years from now makes me an ***hole?? Actually I'm sure it does when it comes to the front running pinkhat it's all about Tommy, Tommy, Tommy "fans" who have dominated the scene around here for the last decade +.
Look Felger, go worry about the **** you should be worried about...what the hell is going on in Green Bay?!?

Yea. Thats a reasonable counter-argument to trading him for a 2nd. Keep him till the end of the year just in case Tom falls off a cliff or experiences a career-ending injury and stay competitive and get a 3rd rd comp pick when he signs.

gee.......is that how it worked out for Cassel?

Better than retiring and JG winning a SB next year with SF. Brady could probably never step foot in Massachusetts again if that happened.

ya.....the guy who has won more SBs than anyone would be unwelcome because he retired when he's 40 and went out on top

ya.....the guy who has won more SBs than anyone would be unwelcome because he retired when he's 40 and went out on top

He would be unwelcome because he presumably indicated he was going keep laying (probably until 45) leading to the Patriots trading the 2nd coming to SF for a mere 2nd rounder. Basically after JG got traded Brady can't call "backsies".

In the theoretical situation where Brady retired after winning his 6th SB this year and then JG went on to lead SF to a SB next year I'm pretty sure things wouldn't be pretty around here :eek:

They probably wouldn't be pretty if JG wins a SB next year and Brady doesn't retire.

Jimmy has thrown for 5 INTs in just 6 games...just sayin’.

He would be unwelcome because he presumably indicated he was going keep laying (probably until 45) leading to the Patriots trading the 2nd coming to SF for a mere 2nd rounder. Basically after JG got traded Brady can't call "backsies".

In the theoretical situation where Brady retired after winning his 6th SB this year and then JG went on to lead SF to a SB next year I'm pretty sure things wouldn't be pretty around here :eek:

They probably wouldn't be pretty if JG wins a SB next year and Brady doesn't retire.

this makes zero sense unless you are incredibly immature

Just bookmark that Reiss post for everyone *****ing how we only got a second round pick out of it. Because unless JG melts down or gets severely injured we all know that we will need to point this out again and again over the next decade.
One thing I think Reiss should have pointed out for all those butthurt about losing Jimmy G: The system is working exactly as designed. Back in the bad old days you could stash a player like Jimmy G on your roster ad infinitum. 'The 32' decided that it's better overall for the league that players like Jimmy G get put onto the market instead of being stashed forever. It sucks that it worked against us this time, but the same rules are why we keep picking up "middle class" players going into their 2nd or 3rd contracts on short money.

I’m calling it now...there will be a Brady v. Garoppolo super bowl by the time Brady retires. Man that will be epic.

I went to the Rams/Niners game on Sunday, mainly to watch Jimmy play. He is amazing, but I have seen Brady a couple of times and he isn't really close to Brady ( I have literally never seen anyone as good as Brady in the pocket, and frankly I didn't appreciate this until I saw him play in person).

That said, he is still amazing and should be their franchise QB. The poise and (usually) accuracy and his obvious command of that offense was nice to see. When he had the ball, you felt like they were going to get points, and many posesssions were ended because of receivers' drops. He needs people with better hands around him, and when he has that, good night.

Of his two pics, the first seemed like a great play on defense, with Jimmy trying to get the ball into a fairly tight space: it's the kind of pic good QBs will occasionally throw. The second one, was just ugly and a really bad throw into defenders. If that is his style going forward, he will never have Brady's numbers in terms of td/int ratios.

Definitely everyone is right that this trade was a steal. I think we NE fans sometimes take for granted how rare a franchise-worthy QB is. While it was a no-brainer to keep Brady over Garappalo, I expect we will be living with the pain of that decision for a long time.

I'll be rooting for Jimmy G (or as people in the stands called him Jimmy GQ) when it doesn't hurt the Patriots.

I would love to see the 49ers on Hard Knocks just to see him progress through a full offseason with the team. I really hate we had to give him up but am excited to see him as part of 'the next generation'. At least until we get our own after Brady.

Some of the comments in this thread are baffling. Its like some people can't admit Jimmy has looked decent and good playing with what he has. Like every time someone says something good about him it makes Brady weaker or something. You can be unbiased and admit he's played well with a weak roster.

One thing I think Reiss should have pointed out for all those butthurt about losing Jimmy G: The system is working exactly as designed. Back in the bad old days you could stash a player like Jimmy G on your roster ad infinitum. 'The 32' decided that it's better overall for the league that players like Jimmy G get put onto the market instead of being stashed forever. It sucks that it worked against us this time, but the same rules are why we keep picking up "middle class" players going into their 2nd or 3rd contracts on short money.

Its also better for the players that they get a chance to play.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back