PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Central Thread For Mourning/Canonizing Jimmy Garoppolo

Reported for blatant trolling...

Chandler Jones pick turned into Joe Thuney and Malcolm Mitchell who were big parts of winning a SB

Collins was gone after the season and they got a pick a year early which turned into Wise who now has 5 sacks. Which if he gets 1 more next week he'll have the same amount Chandler Jones did his rookie year which Jones played 66% of the defense snaps. Wise has played 50%

It’s ok that you reported it, I’m sorry your life has done you so wrong that you are reporting people for sarcasm in a football forum on Christmas Eve. Hopefully things turn around for you in 2018.

A buddy of mine who knows football likens Jimmy G to the next Aaron Rodgers in terms of his mobility, vision and accuracy.
Rodgers is a better athlete and has a much better arm.

The entire segment of this board that would rather see Jimmy G lose for some reason rather than NE get the bye secured must be pretty miserable atm.

It’s ok that you reported it, I’m sorry your life has done you so wrong that you are reporting people for sarcasm in a football forum on Christmas Eve. Hopefully things turn around for you in 2018.

You think he actually reported it?

They say Tom Brady is a bigger, taller version of Joe Montana.

Jimmy's a similar sized,YOUNGER version of Joe Montana.

History will show that this was a BIG mistake trading him.
Garoppolo will be similar to Tony Romo in my opinion. A very good QB with excellent stats. Grouping him with Brady, Montana, and Rodgers is ridiculous this point in his career.

even
Garoppolo will be similar to Tony Romo in my opinion. A very good QB with excellent stats. Grouping him with Brady, Montana, and Rodgers is ridiculous this point in his career.
still. very good qb's don't grow on trees. We could have been set for the next 10 years.

Is this supposed to imply that Jimmy G is doomed to choke in big games and come up small when it counts? I'd say it's a bit ridiculous to say that at this point in his career.

The only thing that I'd wonder with Jimmy G is if he is indeed injury prone or not.

Let's see how Jimmy G does next season. This year there isn't enough tape on him to identify his tendencies. We'll know how good he is next couple of years.

It really is peculiar how that whole deal played out. Add to that Tom looking bad for a few weeks and I don’t understand the logic in getting rid of both Jacoby and Jimmy.

I love Tom...always will, buf I’ll admit it: I don’t believe he is starting and playing at a high level at the end of next season. 40 year old
Body gets worn down no matter how much sourcery Guerrero has in him.

I think Jimmy has a wicked strong arm....he can sure sling the **** out of it...I do think one day we will all mourn we couldn’t keep him. But we really couldn’t...it was never happening.

Let's see how Jimmy G does next season. This year there isn't enough tape on him to identify his tendencies. We'll know how good he is next couple of years.
I've seen all I need to see. He just went to a new team in the middle of the year, and in a new system and has soaked in much of the offense and is playing lights out, throwing darts. The team he took over for had a crap offensive line and no good recievers and Jimmy's YPA is significantly higher than the guys that played before him. Rating's higher, completion percentage is higher. He's legit.

I do hope he does well.....

I think Jimmy has a wicked strong arm....he can sure sling the **** out of it...I do think one day we will all mourn we couldn’t keep him. But we really couldn’t...it was never happening.

Would of been the most unpopular decision in Boston sports since Babe Ruth. I really hate they couldnt keep the guy but I understand the pr and timing of it.

i agree that jimmy g is not aaron rodgers

he doesnt have rodgers' physical talent.....no one does

and its hard to compare him to brady.....they are very different

i think he is like romo and montana

romo is the floor/downside for him .......montana is the ceiling/upside for him

and not saying he will get 4 SBs like montana.....just comparing attributes and skills

I am firmly against any Garapolo threads, as he doesn't play here anymore, but d%#*!@t thanks for the bye jimmy.

jimmy is a beast,
im sad that he is now gone
alas he still helped

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick