PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics/Lakers Game Two

there is no carry over from one game to the next :rolleyes: they didnt blow a 20 point lead they won.
Sam Cassell is injured PP. Thoughts?

I agree, the Celts have dominated the West all year and the only reason the Lakers got back into the game was because the C's slacked off completely on defense. It won't happen again. C's win Game 3. I guarantee it. Then the media and their precious Lakers will be stunned.

anyone else dislike phil jackson ? he sounds calm and all but always makes sarcastic remarks. today he start off by saying he is shocked powe had more foul shots than his team. insuniating on the refing i guess...
now he said the celtics made a big fuss about the garnett tech foul which changed the game...i hate this guy

He's a smarmy douchbag, listening to Tommy Heinsohn go off on him was a riot.
He always works the refs, you can expect the calls to go their way in LA, unless someone from Boston bought off the refs :D

Its hilarious watching the Fakers complain about the FT descrepencies. They didn't draw fouls because they are a bunch of ****ies who won't drive to the hoop. They rely on their jumpers. Leon was attacking the hoop inside and he couldn't be stopped so they had to hack at him.

THAT is why your team didn't draw any fouls, Phil. What a moron.

Let Phil run his mouth, the C's will continue to win.

Yeah .. and up his rude AZZ with his Leon (POW) Powe comment ... Powe will be even more inspired in his home state than Pierce come Tuesday.

Christ, you guys have to figure out how to close out games. Great display until the 4th quarter though. I really, really, really do NOT want to see the Lakers take this series.

Good game though I don't know whether to pat the Celts on the back for a job well done or slap them in the face for giving the Lakers a great deal of confidence going into L.A.

Christ, you guys have to figure out how to close out games. Great display until the 4th quarter though. I really, really, really do NOT want to see the Lakers take this series.

Good game though I don't know whether to pat the Celts on the back for a job well done or slap them in the face for giving the Lakers a great deal of confidence going into L.A.

I dont see how the lakers take this game as any kind of positive, they are without question the softest team in the paint these celtics have played all playoffs long or atleast to this point, and it showed bigtime last night. This was not the lakers figuring out what boston was doing, this was boston thinking the game was done with 7 minutes left to go.

Like how the regular season does not mean much when it comes to the playoffs, almost comebacks and near wins count as a loss the same as losing by 20 does in the playoffs!

2 more to go.:rocker:

I dont see how the lakers take this game as any kind of positive, they are without question the softest team in the paint these celtics have played all playoffs long or atleast to this point, and it showed bigtime last night. This was not the lakers figuring out what boston was doing, this was boston thinking the game was done with 7 minutes left to go.

Like how the regular season does not mean much when it comes to the playoffs, almost comebacks and near wins count as a loss the same as losing by 20 does in the playoffs!

2 more to go.:rocker:

I'm not saying they will. I'm saying they could. The problem here is that Kobe and Co. will probably take it as the Celts couldn't stop him and the Lakers' 3-point shooting when it mattered resulting in a near loss. By the way, the Giants gained confidence in Week 16 despite people saying it was a hope crushing loss and that the team was soft. Regardless of how it turns out, go Celts.

I'm not saying they will. I'm saying they could. The problem here is that Kobe and Co. will probably take it as the Celts couldn't stop him and the Lakers' 3-point shooting when it mattered resulting in a near loss. By the way, the Giants gained confidence in Week 16 despite people saying it was a hope crushing loss and that the team was soft. Regardless of how it turns out, go Celts.

Actually, I think it was more that the Celtics let up, something that they have had a bad habit of doing. The Lakers were hitting on threes, no doubt about it. Will that be their strategy in game three? Well, I'll go with the big physical guys going inside (Celtics) against hitting outside the arc. In addition, the Lakers may not be able to use the players they want shooting those three as they may have already fouled out of the game trying to guard the big guys inside (Celtics). Go Celtics game three win = World Championship.

Yeah .. and up his rude AZZ with his Leon (POW) Powe comment ... Powe will be even more inspired in his home state than Pierce come Tuesday.
Yeah that was unbelievable. I would feel sickened if he passes Red on the # of NBA titles. He probably will eventually but the thought that such a jerk would do so...ugh.

Leon Powe outperformed his entire team last night.

Yeah that was unbelievable. I would feel sickened if he passes Red on the # of NBA titles. He probably will eventually but the thought that such a jerk would do so...ugh.

Leon Powe outperformed his entire team last night.
as long as the lakers don't pass the Celtics in total championships I'm OK with it.

Actually, I think it was more that the Celtics let up, something that they have had a bad habit of doing. The Lakers were hitting on threes, no doubt about it. Will that be their strategy in game three? Well, I'll go with the big physical guys going inside (Celtics) against hitting outside the arc. In addition, the Lakers may not be able to use the players they want shooting those three as they may have already fouled out of the game trying to guard the big guys inside (Celtics). Go Celtics game three win = World Championship.
The Celts had a 24pt lead against Detroit in game 3, played soft and watched Detroit cut the lead to 9, so it's not unprecedented for the Celts to coast after getting a 20+ point lead. The difference between Detroit and LA is that LA was scorching hot while Detroit was simply hot...

The latest the Celts lead by 24 was with 7:55 to go. Thereafter, the Lakers had 15 possessions that culminated in Kobe's 2 FTs to cut the lead to 2. Of those 15 possessions, the Lakers scored on 13 of them, including 5 3-pointers. That's ridiculous, even with the Celts' D slacking off. LA can't count on that kind of streak to win one of the upcoming games if they get down big again.

Regards,
Chris

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft