PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CELTICS / Lakers Game Five

He's a jacka**. I LOVE how arrogant they are! It's hilarious! Who cares what any of those Faker's think. They're finished Tuesday.

I am actually happy they are bringing it back....it will be amazing when we beat them at home!!

the writers asking questions have no creativity. every 2nd question is "can you talk about kobe's game tonite ?"

the celtics lost because perk didnt play period. farmar was getting to the rim far to easy. that doesnt happen if perk is in there.

Does anyone know about Perk for Tuesday? I've heard conflicting reports

did anyone see the wink by kobe bryant after the game they were showing in slow mo ? trying to be MJ deseperately

Oh so am I! I can't wait until Tuesday.

I mean dont get me wrong here....i would have loved to see them finish this out there in front of all the friendly LA fans....but now its coming back here....all of the KICKASS Boston Fans will be sooo much better for the win.....

Remember folks.

We are either 1-2 games away from jubilation.

Or 2 games away from historic failure.

We can not take this next game for granted.

I mean dont get me wrong here....i would have loved to see them finish this out there in front of all the friendly LA fans....but now its coming back here....all of the KICKASS Boston Fans will be sooo much better for the win.....

I think everyone would have liked to see it finished tonight. But since it can't be, I'm excited at the thought at the Celts winning #17 in Boston.

I think everyone would have liked to see it finished tonight. But since it can't be, I'm excited at the thought at the Celts winning #17 in Boston.

Going to be one very very fine evening....bringing it back to where it belongs!!!

:rocker:

Remember folks.

We are either 1-2 games away from jubilation.

Or 2 games away from historic failure.

We can not take this next game for granted.
you dont have to tell me. im am scared to death its going to be the pats all over again :( i dont think i could take them losing this series to the lakers. the thing im really nervous about is perk not playing.

Last edited:
what did doc say about ray allen taking off ?

you dont have to tell me. im am scared to death its going to be the pats all over again :( i dont think i could take them losing this series to the lakers. the thing im really nervous about is perk not playing.

yeah that scares me as much as Brady being injured in the least bit....well make that any of the players....well hopefully two days rest will help us and we will win it all!!!

our team has played 25 post season games , even that is going to be a factor down the stretch

yeah that scares me as much as Brady being injured in the least bit....well make that any of the players....well hopefully two days rest will help us and we will win it all!!!
they dont have two days rest. they play tuesday. they missed perks rebounding big time tonight. and not having perk is a big reason kg was in foul trouble.

our team has played 25 post season games , even that is going to be a factor down the stretch

True....well lets hope they will rest over the next 36 hours and prep for a LOUD BOSTON GARDEN !!!

Doc just summed it up. They had their chances, they just didn't capitalize. That is why they will win it in the Garden one way or another. They play better at home, Rondo in particular.

Doc told KG we have to play hard, but we have to play smart. Said his foul trouble really hurt. Hopefully he already knows his free throw trouble hurt too. He seemed to be pressing all evening, and the team was tentative out of the gate. Once they got it going they were fine, it's just too hard to come back from down 20 night after night. Pierce looks drained and subdued. Said they have to keep LA from getting off to a big first quarter lead because it is too hard to have to fight back from.

Weird, they are both flying out late tomorrow AM which puts them home at dinner time tomorrow. Doc says they may not have more than a walkthrough. Why would they not fly home tonight...or given that case why would the NBA not have given them the extra travel day.

Doc just summed it up. They had their chances, they just didn't capitalize. That is why they will win it in the Garden one way or another. They play better at home, Rondo in particular.

Doc told KG we have to play hard, but we have to play smart. Said his foul trouble really hurt. Hopefully he already knows his free throw trouble hurt too. He seemed to be pressing all evening, and the team was tentative out of the gate. Once they got it going they were fine, it's just too hard to come back from down 20 night after night. Pierce looks drained and subdued. Said they have to keep LA from getting off to a big first quarter lead because it is too hard to have to fight back from.

Weird, they are both flying out late tomorrow AM which puts them home at dinner time tomorrow. Doc says they may not have more than a walkthrough. Why would they not fly home tonight...or given that case why would the NBA not have given them the extra travel day.

Thats a good question....seems to me it would be easier on both teams to give em an extra day....

Just have to say that the two biggest plays of that fourth quarter were the KG miss free throws and Kobe's "I didn't even touch the ball yet I am not getting called for a foul because I am Kobe Bryant in LA" steal. The first, that's on KG, he needs to make those. The second....if he had touched the ball, I'd have been ok with it, but Pierce was by him, Bryant reached out and fouled Pierce (terrible defensive play on Bryants part by the way) and it winds up a steal and score that essentially sealed the victory...I just couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Then I remembered its the NBA and a Game Six was on the line and everything made sense.

Last edited:
Just have to say that the two biggest plays of that fourth quarter were the KG miss free throws and Kobe's "I didn't even touch the ball yet I am not getting called for a foul because I am Kobe Bryant in LA" steal. The first, that's on KG, he needs to make those. The second....if he had touched the ball, I'd have been ok with it, but Pierce was by him, Bryant reached out and fouled Pierce (terrible defensive play on Bryants part by the way) and it winds up a steal and score that essentially sealed the victory...I just couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Then I remembered its the NBA and a Game Six was on the line and everything made sense.

The no-call on Kobe was brutal. They call that reach in foul literally 99/100 times, to have it be a no-call in such a key situation is not right.

My man Rondo has to step up back in Boston, injury or no. After such a great season, his confidence has been destroyed of late. House is OK in bunches, but we need Rondo to play as good as he has all year.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back