PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CELTICS / Lakers Game Five

Just have to say that the two biggest plays of that fourth quarter were the KG miss free throws and Kobe's "I didn't even touch the ball yet I am not getting called for a foul because I am Kobe Bryant in LA" steal. The first, that's on KG, he needs to make those. The second....if he had touched the ball, I'd have been ok with it, but Pierce was by him, Bryant reached out and fouled Pierce (terrible defensive play on Bryants part by the way) and it winds up a steal and score that essentially sealed the victory...I just couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Then I remembered its the NBA and a Game Six was on the line and everything made sense.
worst yet, no one other than wilbon really called out the officiating on it and its being portrayed as a great play by kobe.best though is neither doc or pp made a fuss of it something phil and kobe would never do.

Last edited:
"best though is neither doc or pp made a fuss of it something phil and kobe would never do."

I think Doc and PP were too stunned to make a fuss; as you pointed out, Kobe would have jumped out of the building if Pierce did that to him and there was no call, that was a total embarassment to the NBA, no wonder why people think the league is a complete joke................................

"Let's just say the NBA does not have legitimacy. the Refs are in the fix. I honestly believe it"

It's pathetic isn't it; that non call on the steal was off the charts criminal, what a joke, the whole league is a joke including that moron Stearn. If he was the captain of the Titantic, after the ship hit the icebeg, he'd be rearranging the deck chairs.........

"the writers asking questions have no creativity. every 2nd question is "can you talk about kobe's game tonite ?"

No, the most moronic question was when the dingbat sideline reporter said to Kobe "Take us through what happened after the steal off of Pierce"........WTF? Answer; "I went down the court and dunked the ball"..........................the ballwashing continues........We'll see how the Laker Eurotrash do in the Garden, game 6.

What was Jackson on last night anyway; up by 19 and he's putting in Ralph Malf, the kid in the wheelchair and the blind girl with the seeing eye dog, allowing the Celtics to actually come back and take a brief lead.

He's done nothing in this series, NOTHING.

"Let's just say the NBA does not have legitimacy. the Refs are in the fix. I honestly believe it"

It's pathetic isn't it; that non call on the steal was off the charts criminal, what a joke, the whole league is a joke including that moron Stearn. If he was the captain of the Titantic, after the ship hit the icebeg, he'd be rearranging the deck chairs.........

I have to agree. I hope the NBA gets caught for the refs fixing games and he goes down hard. How do you sit there and have a ****y smirk on your face and throw every single one of the people who say the refs might be fixed under the bus when it's obvious the refs are impacting games far more than they should be (illegally or not). I have seen more ridiculous calls (or non-calls) in this league than in the NFL and the MLB combined.

I have to agree. I hope the NBA gets caught for the refs fixing games and he goes down hard. How do you sit there and have a ****y smirk on your face and throw every single one of the people who say the refs might be fixed under the bus when it's obvious the refs are impacting games far more than they should be (illegally or not). I have seen more ridiculous calls (or non-calls) in this league than in the NFL and the MLB combined.

absolutely...this league was a joke when NY got Ewing in the draft and it is even worse now with the poor refs...yet this gets no attention from anyone. Meanwhile, it seems people are still headhunting over spygate. I love the Celtics, but the NBA is a fraud.

"when it's obvious the refs are impacting games far more than they should be (illegally or not). I have seen more ridiculous calls (or non-calls) in this league than in the NFL and the MLB combined."

Couldn't agree more; how in the name of Christ do you miss a hack like the one Bryant pulled at mid court one on one with Pierce? HOW?? AND, noone at ESPN or anywhere but Boston is saying a ****ing word about it, it was pathetic....

Do refs get paid per game or per series would be an interesting question. I don't think there are poor refs. I think most of them know what they are doing and intentionally make calls slanted one way. I think it all starts with the commish, sponsors, and owners who want more revenue.

the nba is such a turnoff, the only reason I actually care is because the celts are in the finals and have a very good chance at winning it.

Let's just be glad they are up 3-2 and not down 2-3.

The garden will be rocking and I hope we hear some Kobe crybaby chants.

I just don't get how refs can be so bad(purposely or not) if there are 3 or 4 of them? there is a ref on most angles. flopping is ridiculous. baseball is actually better and they have tougher calls calling out first or balls and strikes.

the only answer is the nba is fixed and slanted terribly to home teams and some stars have always gotten special treatment. wanting longer series is also a travesty just for the sake of making a long series.

Do refs get paid per game or per series would be an interesting question. I don't think there are poor refs. I think most of them know what they are doing and intentionally make calls slanted one way. I think it all starts with the commish, sponsors, and owners who want more revenue.

the nba is such a turnoff, the only reason I actually care is because the celts are in the finals and have a very good chance at winning it.

Let's just be glad they are up 3-2 and not down 2-3.

The garden will be rocking and I hope we hear some Kobe crybaby chants.

I just don't get how refs can be so bad(purposely or not) if there are 3 or 4 of them? there is a ref on most angles. flopping is ridiculous. baseball is actually better and they have tougher calls calling out first or balls and strikes.

the only answer is the nba is fixed and slanted terribly to home teams and some stars have always gotten special treatment. wanting longer series is also a travesty just for the sake of making a long series.

I can remember that Jordan could literally shoot somebody on the court and not get a foul called for it. Now, on the flip side, if anybody breathed on His Airness the wrong way, they were issued a foul immediately.

I'm pissed about the "steal on Pierce" that was a foul and was the game changer. We could have had that game but I really hope with home court now we rebound from game 5 and take it in Game 6, don't give me another heart attack in Game 7.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back