PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2023 - 2024 Discussion

Yea, 55%. Ridiculous

No doubt this team can win games by 30. It's almost weird to watch them now, because it's fun, but for the ultimate goal it's really almost entirely about health and how they handle closer games
I think after this next homestand the Celtics will have a 5+ game lead and we’ll start seeing a starter rest almost every game, especially KP and JH.

I think after this next homestand the Celtics will have a 5+ game lead and we’ll start seeing a starter rest almost every game, especially KP and JH.

Resting starters gets the bench, Pritchard, Brisset, Hauser and Kornet valuable playing time before the playoffs.

I think the Pacers are the second toughest playoff team in the east

With Porzingis, and Kornet continuing to emerge, I think the Heat are too small to bother us.

The Bucks and 76ers are all about 1 player who will be difficult for us to stop, but we match up well with the rest of those teams' players, so I think in a 7 game series, we will win in 6.

The Knicks and Brunson can not match our length. Again I am not worried.

If there is a threat, I think the Pacers are as close to a real threat as anyone.

With Porzingis, and Kornet continuing to emerge, I think the Heat are too small to bother us.

The Bucks and 76ers are all about 1 player who will be difficult for us to stop, but we match up well with the rest of those teams' players, so I think in a 7 game series, we will win in 6.

If there is a threat, I think the Pacers are as close to a real threat as anyone.
The Bucks got rid of their best defender and replaced him with a guy utterly unable to play even a lick of defense. And the Sixers needed 70 points from Embiid to beat the 8-35 Spurs by 10. Frankly, the Pacers are likely to be more of a challenge.

Depending on how late we'd run into the Bucks in the playoffs (presumably the ECF if seeding stands), I could see them being so gassed and banged up that they'd fold in 5 games (provided we've truly gotten over our tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot).

I read somewhere that Giannis and Dame, due to roster construction (an aging Lopez, Middleton not having returned to his pre-injury form) basically forcing them to carry the whole team most nights, are on pace to play over 35 MPG on average. Given that one of these guys is 33 and injury prone, that doesn't bode well, especially when combined with Doc's well-established tendency to drag out playoff series'.

Sure they could load manage them for the remainder of the regular season, but that'd mean a serious risk of kissing the 1st, and possibly even the 2nd seed goodbye.

Last edited:
Depending on how late we'd run into the Bucks in the playoffs (presumably the ECF if seeding stands), I could see them being so gassed and banged up that they'd fold without too much difficulty. I read somewhere that Giannis and Dame, due to roster construction (an aging Lopez, Middleton seemingly past his prime et.al) basically forcing them to carry the whole team most nights, are on pace to play over 35 MPG on average. Given that one of these guys is 33 and injury prone, that doesn't bode well, especially when combined with Doc's well-established tendency to drag out playoff series'.

Sure they could load manage them for the remainder of the regular season, but that'd mean a serious risk of kissing the 1st, and possibly even the 2nd seed goodbye.
Oh I think there is a very good chance of the Bucks get eliminated in the second round. There are several teams in the East that would give them a tough series.

Oh I think there is a very good chance of the Bucks get eliminated in the second round. There are several teams in the East that would give them a tough series.
I mean, if they hypothetically have to play both Miami and Philly I'd say it's a done deal. I simply don't trust Doc to be able to get them through both Spoe and Nurse.

Frankly, the Pacers are likely to be more of a challenge.
No question.

MIL may come around but it's them and Indy who are the most talented teams in the EC.

After that DEN and OKC would be the toughest matchups from the WC

No question.

MIL may come around but it's them and Indy who are the most talented teams in the EC.

After that DEN and OKC would be the toughest matchups from the WC

OKC is a good betting opp at 18:1. They’re being hailed as a cool, young, up and coming team and people are overlooking how dominant they’ve been.

1706296370682.png

1706296300510.png

What do we think about the Knicks? Beat Denver by a hundred

One of the few nights I get to watch a Celtics game without wife aggro, and we get 29% shooting in the first half.

Harden is fat. PG version of Dinner Bell Mel Turpin.

We're on to Nawlins

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back