PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2023 - 2024 Discussion

The title to this thread would be a decent forum for all offseason chatter. Beats 'Tatum Overrated' and 'Brown is an Issue'.

And I would love to see a few full, non-injury-plagued seasons from RWIII to see how he grows. Ime integrated him well in some offensive sets during the post all star game run from 2 years ago.

What are your thoughts?

IMO the following Celtic player should be let go through trades or waivers: Payton Pritchard; Sam Hauser; Luke Kornet and Justin Champagnie they each have shown they are not NBA players.
What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?

IMO the following Celtic player should be let go through trades or waivers: Payton Pritchard; Sam Hauser; Luke Kornet and Justin Champagnie they each have shown they are not NBA players.
What are your thoughts?
No. Pritch and Hauser are serviceable off the bench. Kornet is fine as a 5th big.

Champ won't play at all. He might be the only one.

What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?
Funny thing is PP asked to be traded, But he's still on the roster and it's smart who gets moved. At some point we are going to need production from some of these young guys. JD Davison has a real opportunity to contribute. I like that R Williams is working more on his shot he had a short jumper he was going to a few seasons ago.. but for some reason stopped. I really would like to see basically everyone step up this season starting with tatum!

No. Pritch and Hauser are serviceable off the bench. Kornet is fine as a 5th big.

Champ won't play at all. He might be the only one.
I want a championship what is Pritchard Hauser and Kornet going to deliver other than fill in as space when needed.

I like

the trade proposal Boston Celtics to and from the Indiania Pacers:

Pacers receive:
Malcolm Brodgon, Robert William III, Payton Pritchard, 2024 first round pick (GSA via Bos), and 2027 first round pick (Bos)

Celtics receive:
Myles Turner

Do it, go for it.

I like

the trade proposal Boston Celtics to and from the Indiania Pacers:

Pacers receive:
Malcolm Brodgon, Robert William III, Payton Pritchard, 2024 first round pick (GSA via Bos), and 2027 first round pick (Bos)

Celtics receive:
Myles Turner

Do it, go for it.

Your left with Porz and Horford as your big men? I don't think that would work. Neither can be depended on for more than 50 to 60 games. Who is the big for the other games?

Your left with Porz and Horford as your big men? I don't think that would work. Neither can be depended on for more than 50 to 60 games. Who is the big for the other games?
We had chance after to chance the last 2-3 seasons to get myles turner.. not sure why danny/ Brad didn't go for him.

I expect a trade for someone productive

We have Tatum, Brown and Porz with White, Brogdon, RWIII, and Horford. The rest will be role players. Highly doubt there is any trade coming. That group is the favorite to win the EC championship and the Celts are just below the 2nd apron. I would be surprised if they are not done.

LMAOOOOOO

In fairness as I understand they basically needed to do this deal because if they want to trade him, they'll get nothing without an extension, and this is the only way they can extend. I really hope they're not dumb enough to do this long term. Imagine watching the ECF and someone tells you this is the league's highest paid player. If they ultimately are stuck with him they just torpedoed all their post Big 3 building because this guy will destroy them.

In fairness as I understand they basically needed to do this deal because if they want to trade him, they'll get nothing without an extension, and this is the only way they can extend. I really hope they're not dumb enough to do this long term. Imagine watching the ECF and someone tells you this is the league's highest paid player. If they ultimately are stuck with him they just torpedoed all their post Big 3 building because this guy will destroy them.
All valid points my main reason for laughing is that Jaylen Brown is the highest paid player in the league lol

So, richest contract in history ($60 Million per) for a guy that trips over the three point line every single time? Nice! Who will trade for that next season?
I know it had to be done but just pointing out how sick sports contracts are getting.
Wait until Ohtani gets his in baseball. It won't surpass Brown's AAV but overall guaranteed $ will be more than the $300+Million.

2023-24 as Celtic's fans we must adjust to Mazzulla Ball. That is a strategy with more offense than defense. That is 3 point shots vs. layups. That is going against Celtic historic tradition, defense. That is going against sports history, defense wins games and championships.

Go Celtics.

gee, did we watch the same games?
Hauser was a very pleasant surprise and really shot the ball well.

So, richest contract in history ($60 Million per) for a guy that trips over the three point line every single time? Nice! Who will trade for that next season?
I know it had to be done but just pointing out how sick sports contracts are getting.
Wait until Ohtani gets his in baseball. It won't surpass Brown's AAV but overall guaranteed $ will be more than the $300+Million.
Ohtani is possibly worth it though

Ohtani is possibly worth it though
A two-way player who excels at both, yeah, he’ll be worth it … but health will always be a question especially as he gets older. He’s 29 now and will sign at least for 8 years. It will be an interesting contract for sure.

But Brown making $60M is just crazy. I hope there is no “no trade” clause, since it looks like he got the full max deal.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back