PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Haden to Steelers . 3y/27M

Hell, they still have James Harrison starting at OLB and he is only a year younger than Brady.
That's not true any longer, Rob.

LB coach Joey Porter and HC Tomlin discussed it in training camp, stating that he would be "like a relief pitcher," whose job it is to give the first round picks (Watt and Dupree) breathers from time to time. Looks like they're all in on Watt, who racked up 2 sacks in the first 3:30 of his NFL career.

Stupid Browns giving Pitt a potentially elite man2man CB :rolleyes:

I am still not buying they have the personnel though. They may have more than in the past, but other than Shazier, I don't know if they have the LBers fast enough to play man with TEs and RBs. You know that if Harrison draws Gronk in coverage one on one, Gronk is going to wide, wide open.
Shazier, Watt, and Dupree--all first round LBs.

They just kept Harrison as a depth/role player and locker room leader, which actually isn't a bad move.

I don't know that they've solved any puzzles, but with those 3 (or 4), Tuitt, Burns, Haden, Mitchell, plus their recent early round CBs, it seems as though they're on a better track.

My beef is with the scheduling, too, because I fully expect us to lose @PIT this year, coming off of 5/6 road games. A win for them may finally give them a bit of confidence. Not saying that anyone should be scared of them, but I definitely believe that they have taken steps to improve.

Well basically it comes down to 3 teams right now in the AFC. Pats, squealers and raiders. I don't trust any of these other teams including the donkeys. They don't have a QB. The ravens defense could be improved but i still wonder about their offense. Those head to head games will be big. I wish we had one of them at home and not on the road.

Although I'm not sold on Mariota I think you can include the Titans on that list because someone will have to win that division. Texans have a good defense but their QB situation is still unknown and the odds that they will have another QB controversy this year, well the odds are against Bill OBrien.

Why do you say that? You're expecting him to be injured again?

I do. You can glue glass back together, but it's still fragile.

That's a hefty contract for someone who has been burnt toast for years. He'll probably rebound in a zone scheme.

The Pats & Steelers are so much more talented than the rest of the AFC. I'd be surprised if that isn't the AFCCG. Their zone defense is going to look really good vs. a lot of teams except Brady.

Yeeeees! Hogan's going for 300 yards this time!:D

Shazier, Watt, and Dupree--all first round LBs.

They just kept Harrison as a depth/role player and locker room leader, which actually isn't a bad move.

I don't know that they've solved any puzzles, but with those 3 (or 4), Tuitt, Burns, Haden, Mitchell, plus their recent early round CBs, it seems as though they're on a better track.

My beef is with the scheduling, too, because I fully expect us to lose @PIT this year, coming off of 5/6 road games. A win for them may finally give them a bit of confidence. Not saying that anyone should be scared of them, but I definitely believe that they have taken steps to improve.

I think you can rattle Big Ben. He hasn't been the same player for awhile now. All the big hits over the years!

They can certainly expect a good opening game from Haden ..

EDIT:

PIT losing to CLE week 1 would be a fun way to start the season though..

Last edited:
So...how's Lev Bell feeling right about now?

I think you can rattle Big Ben. He hasn't been the same player for awhile now. All the big hits over the years!
He's adding Bryant back into the mix, who, when paired with Brown, make up a decent starting 2 WRs.

Then Le'Veon Bell, of course. They also have the speedy WR Smith-Schuster from USC who they took in the 2nd round, and they have someone they've developed as a slot guy (can't remember his name). Someone like Sammie Coates may have to go.

The offensive line protected Roethlisberger very, very well last year. I believe it may have been his lowest sack total ever, at least certainly in a long time.

Ben isn't as good on the road, particularly vs. teams who have a winning record, so hopefully any postseason contest would be in Foxborough, where we'd have a major advantage.

So...how's Lev Bell feeling right about now?
Probably like a boss. He got to miss the grind of TC, and will show up right before a long holiday weekend to sign a 12.1m dollar franchise tag before hitting the open market next year.

He may feel dumb next spring if he didn't play the market right, however, particularly if there's any truth to the numbers the Steelers claim they offered him, which were enormous.

He's adding Bryant back into the mix, who, when paired with Brown, make up a decent starting 2 WRs.

Then Le'Veon Bell, of course. They also have the speedy WR Smith-Schuster from USC who they took in the 2nd round, and they have someone they've developed as a slot guy (can't remember his name). Someone like Sammie Coates may have to go.

The offensive line protected Roethlisberger very, very well last year. I believe it may have been his lowest sack total ever, at least certainly in a long time.

Ben isn't as good on the road, particularly vs. teams who have a winning record, so hopefully any postseason contest would be in Foxborough, where we'd have a major advantage.

The raiders and steelers game will be big games in the grand scheme of things. I really like our defense this year but need to stay healthy but I wish they could get another pass rusher.

The raiders and steelers game will be big games in the grand scheme of things. I really like our defense this year but need to stay healthy but I wish they could get another pass rusher.
Yeah, there are some minor/moderate concerns that have recently appeared over the course of the last month or so, but that's to be expected on some level.

Losing our top WR target, top draft pick, and long time DE/OLB/Jet killer haven't made any of us lose sleep as separate incidents, but when you add them all together they do add up to some concerns.

If he can stay healthy and rediscover his pre 2015 form its a helluva signing.

$9m/yr for a CB who has been the second coming of Steve Israel smacks of desperation.

Patriots top draft choice was Brandin Cooks, as they traded their 1st round pick for him.
"The first player the Patriots drafted"

Better? :cool:

I think the injuries have finally caught up with him. Haden has looked like a shadow of his former self and I've been following the guy since his playing days in college.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back