PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Haden to Steelers . 3y/27M

I think the injuries have finally caught up with him. Haden has looked like a shadow of his former self and I've been following the guy since his playing days in college.

Brady and co should start opening up more TB12 centres around the country. Could be good business.

I am in Cleveland and have watched Haden for years. He was never very fast (remember his slow combine 40) and he definitely has lost a step. He has looked like a JAG in the preseason (never mind his #88 rank last year by PFF) and Gregg Williams wanted no part of him on defense. He is the first corner I have even seen who could manage to trail the receiver by 10 yards before he got 5 of the line of scrimmage. Pittsburgh picking him up does them zero good.

I am in Cleveland and have watched Haden for years. He was never very fast (remember his slow combine 40) and he definitely has lost a step. He has looked like a JAG in the preseason (never mind his #88 rank last year by PFF) and Gregg Williams wanted no part of him on defense. He is the first corner I have even seen who could manage to trail the receiver by 10 yards before he got 5 of the line of scrimmage. Pittsburgh picking him up does them zero good.
Pittsburgh is buying a name. Unless he magically snaps out of his horrible slide into mediocrity, this move does little other than eat cap space (which I love).

He'll be on the shelf by week 8. That's being generous. Was never a fan of bringing Revis back, but I'd much prefer that than signing Joe Haden...IF they needed CB help, which they don't.

Last edited:
He'll be on the shelf by week 8. That's being generous. Was never a fan of bringing Revis back, but I'd much prefer that than signing Joe Haden...IF they needed CB help, which they don't.
What was wrong with Revis in 2014?

What was wrong with Revis in 2014?
I believe that FF meant bringing back Revis now, after the J-E-T-E released him earlier this year.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Back