PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Haden to Steelers . 3y/27M

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
going all-in (w big Ben ticking)?

Last edited:
Yeah not a fan. Beefs up their D. Then again, what does Ben have left in the tank? His road splits were terrible last season and that's been a trend.

That's a hefty contract for someone who has been burnt toast for years. He'll probably rebound in a zone scheme.

The Pats & Steelers are so much more talented than the rest of the AFC. I'd be surprised if that isn't the AFCCG. Their zone defense is going to look really good vs. a lot of teams except Brady.

Of course he wanted Pittsburgh. This is like all the Bills, Dolphins and Jets ending up on the Patriots.

I think the odds are 50/50 at best that the Patriots actually face Joe Haden this year.

Idk how good it makes them. We will find out. Their secondary was probably their only weakness. Idk how much Ben has left as well. We will see.

Idk how good it makes them. We will find out. Their secondary was probably their only weakness. Idk how much Ben has left as well. We will see.

I don't really agree with that. That defense has swiss cheese holes in it. A good player here and there, but lots of not good. Collecting Talent vs. Building a Team.

Also, I don't know that Haden really shores up that secondary any. Those safeties are still the same guys, right? Bite like Polamalu on playaction? Yeah.

It is all part of their new defensive strategy because Mike Tomlin finally woke up this offseason and realized that that Tom Brady guy might have figured out their strictly zone defensive schemes. Tomlin is always ahead of the curve.

I don't know if Haden has all that much left because he has become too injury prone, but if he can return to form, it is a huge upgrade for the Steelers. I still don't know if they have the personnel for a man scheme though. A healthy Haden is a step in the right direction though.

I don't really agree with that. That defense has swiss cheese holes in it. A good player here and there, but lots of not good. Collecting Talent vs. Building a Team.

Also, I don't know that Haden really shores up that secondary any. Those safeties are still the same guys, right? Bite like Polamalu on playaction? Yeah.

They likely will win that division. They're clearly desperate in trying to unseed us. I think I would put them ahead of the raiders right now.

I think the odds are 50/50 at best that the Patriots actually face Joe Haden this year.
Why do you say that? You're expecting him to be injured again?

That's a hefty contract for someone who has been burnt toast for years. He'll probably rebound in a zone scheme.

The Pats & Steelers are so much more talented than the rest of the AFC. I'd be surprised if that isn't the AFCCG. Their zone defense is going to look really good vs. a lot of teams except Brady.

I think they will try and play some man coverage. The question will be can they hold up in man coverage. We need our skill players to remain healthy all season long.

Only weakness? They have few if any on offense, but their front seven isn't all that. Hell, they still have James Harrison starting at OLB and he is only a year younger than Brady.

Last year, they were 12th in yards allowed, 10th in points allowed, 13th in rushing yards allowed, and 19th in rushing yards per attempt allowed. To say that their only weakness is their secondary is just not true.

Pitt secondary didnt scare anyone before and still doesnt IMO. They may have gotten a bit better but nothing to worry about.

I can see why he made the move its just a much more professional franchise overall and they are always in the running for a playoff spot. Being buried in CLE for years definitely changes the way you look for your next team and winning might be important. Its also only like a 2 hour drive if he doesnt want to uproot family and things like that. To me it makes sense for him to make that move.

Why do you say that? You're expecting him to be injured again?

I am guessing his injury history and the odds that he will be injured and miss the game goes up since they meet in December.

It is all part of their new defensive strategy because Mike Tomlin finally woke up this offseason and realized that that Tom Brady guy might have figured out their strictly zone defensive schemes. Tomlin is always ahead of the curve.

I don't know if Haden has all that much left because he has become too injury prone, but if he can return to form, it is a huge upgrade for the Steelers. I still don't know if they have the personnel for a man scheme though. A healthy Haden is a step in the right direction though.
Supposedly, last year's first round CB Artie Burns has been making a big leap, winning a lot of battles in TC against Antonio Brown. He's certainly what they're looking for in terms of more of a man coverage CB.

If Haden ends up being worth a damn, they've certainly upgraded their CB talent since last spring. One of their main issues was having Russ ****rell on the field.

I am guessing his injury history and the odds that he will be injured and miss the game goes up since they meet in December.
Yeah, I was going to say--pretty sure I'm going to the game here in Pittsburgh. :D

Well basically it comes down to 3 teams right now in the AFC. Pats, squealers and raiders. I don't trust any of these other teams including the donkeys. They don't have a QB. The ravens defense could be improved but i still wonder about their offense. Those head to head games will be big. I wish we had one of them at home and not on the road.

Supposedly, last year's first round CB Artie Burns has been making a big leap, winning a lot of battles in TC against Antonio Brown. He's certainly what they're looking for in terms of more of a man coverage CB.

If Haden ends up being worth a damn, they've certainly upgraded their CB talent since last spring. One of their main issues was having Russ ****rell on the field.

I am still not buying they have the personnel though. They may have more than in the past, but other than Shazier, I don't know if they have the LBers fast enough to play man with TEs and RBs. You know that if Harrison draws Gronk in coverage one on one, Gronk is going to wide, wide open.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back