PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we stop ignoring Green Bay now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worried about anyone from the NFC right now, never mind multiple teams. The nice thing about having Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta, and Green Bay (all worthy opponents) all battling in the NFC, is that the Patriots would only have to play one of them. They wouldn't have to get through that gauntlet.

Let's worry about the NFC team if/when the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl.

Rodgers is extremely arrogant, I'd say he smugly pulls that "aren't I great" stuff quite a bit. He's also Brady's best QB competition in the NFL right now.

I don't see that in Rodgers at all. I see more authenticity than most althletes, and the ability to keep it all in perspective (its just football) better than most. Maybe I'm missing something.

And I'm glad Brady has competition and other people who are playing the position with confidence and ability. Maybe Rodgers has done a thing or two that Brady has learned from or copied. Rodgers certainly pays attention to Brady. The internets are full of stories of them talking about the other in glowing terms.

Aaron Rodgers: Tom Brady inspiring my eating habits

Tom Brady lauds Aaron Rodgers (warning ESPN/Reiss link)

The "who is the best QB" chatter can't hurt anything and might provide some motivation (but I doubt it; Brady seems pretty self-contained in that regard.)

Exactly. I love how some people just predict what strategy the Pats will employ on D without even looking at film or having no prior knowledge of strengths/weaknesses. "Pats will play passive vs. __________" How do you know? My lord. Never been on a site where the fans are SCARED of opponents. Have some damn confidence in your 14-2 QB, HC and players and coaching staff.
Off topic but nice job with the picks this week. 4-0 against he number. Impressive

Did you see how wide open NY's receivers were? The Patriots might score 60+

Not time for us to worry, in fact, time to celebrate knwoing we have the Texans.

After all, the Cowboys (also a #1 seed) may have a path of Packers/ Seahawks/ Pats to win a title.

That seems tougher than any road we need to take.

Of course it's all cyclical, in 2004 our path of Colts/Steelers/Eagles was arguably one of the toughest in playoff history.

There was only one team in the NFL that I felt the Patriots wouldn't beat - even if they play their A game, and that was the NY Giants. In addition to the psychological edge, the Giants had the best defense of the playoff teams.

If the Patriots play don't make big mistakes, like turnovers, I like their chances against any team in the league now, including the Packers. I think the Patriots have the most balance, and I don't see a remaining defense that could shut down their offense, with Seattle (minus Thomas) and KC the two that could at least slow them down.

There was a stretch from last year through the beginning of this year in which Rodgers had only 2 games with a passer rating over 100 in an 18-game span. Very uncharacteristic of him. For a while there, I was starting to wonder if this was the end of him being one of the indisputably elite quarterbacks in football.

I'm glad he and the Packers have got back to form. Rodgers is a treat to watch. I especially like how mobile he is.

@Wheelman do you have a problem, sir? Or are you gonna hide behind all your dislikes. And you're all calling me ****.y. :rolleyes:

I understand the concern. We haven't faced anyone as good as Rodgers this season. The last time we faced a really good quarterbacks, things didn't end well. To the defense credit, that unit have improved but has it improved enough to bring a championship?

I'm not worried about anyone from the NFC right now, never mind multiple teams. The nice thing about having Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta, and Green Bay (all worthy opponents) all battling in the NFC, is that the Patriots would only have to play one of them. They wouldn't have to get through that gauntlet.

Let's worry about the NFC team if/when the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl.

Even then I won't worry.

There was only one team in the NFL that I felt the Patriots wouldn't beat - even if they play their A game, and that was the NY Giants. In addition to the psychological edge, the Giants had the best defense of the playoff teams.

If the Patriots play don't make big mistakes, like turnovers, I like their chances against any team in the league now, including the Packers. I think the Patriots have the most balance, and I don't see a remaining defense that could shut down their offense, with Seattle (minus Thomas) and KC the two that could at least slow them down.
WTF? There isn't a team on the planet that can hang with the Pats A game....

Giants psychological edge? That's ridiculous. Pats most mentally and physically tough team in NFL. Pats D every bit as good as Giants. Pats would destroy Giants.

The Giants WERE the team I most wanted to see in the Superbowl if only to shut up all the mediots who think they have some f*cking mind meld on the Pats. They would have been by FAR the easiest of the the 4 final NFC teams had the beaten the Pack. But they didn't, and I will ban, block or otherwise ignore forever any mediot who dares to say the Pats dodged a bullet by not having to play the Giants'

As for the rest, I can't understand the reason for this 8 page thread. Who the Pats play in the superbowl (assuming we get there) is a full month away. It's not like the story lines are going away, in fact most of the story lines will change over the next 2 games. So this thread is a massive wasted of energy and will mean nothing UNLESS the Pats meet up with the Packers, and even if it happens so much will have changed between today and then.

In the meantime we will face a team with a large number of great individual defensive players and an offense with many more "brand name" offensive sikill players than we have on our own team. Certainlly more than enough to fullfill any "on any given Sunday" threat. And should we survice that, we have an even MORE difficult game before we even can start to THINK about what the NFC has instore for us.

Lets get back to the program. Lets have the same mental discipline as our team. Let us lock in on the next challenge ahead, and turn off the "noise" from the mediots who are full on with their "tomato can" litinany because if the Pats should fail, it will provide them with the easiest story lines. They have already declaired that anything less than a superbowl win would be an EPIC FAIL, and thuse already taking luster off whatever this team accomplishes. Can't you hear Shank and Felger's rant this off season. "Yeah they won, but the league sucked this year" :rolleyes:

The Giants WERE the team I most wanted to see in the Superbowl if only to shut up all the mediots who think they have some f*cking mind meld on the Pats. They would have been by FAR the easiest of the the 4 final NFC teams had the beaten the Pack. But they didn't, and I will ban, block or otherwise ignore forever any mediot who dares to say the Pats dodged a bullet by not having to play the Giants'

As for the rest, I can't understand the reason for this 8 page thread. Who the Pats play in the superbowl (assuming we get there) is a full month away. It's not like the story lines are going away, in fact most of the story lines will change over the next 2 games. So this thread is a massive wasted of energy and will mean nothing UNLESS the Pats meet up with the Packers, and even if it happens so much will have changed between today and then.

In the meantime we will face a team with a large number of great individual defensive players and an offense with many more "brand name" offensive sikill players than we have on our own team. Certainlly more than enough to fullfill any "on any given Sunday" threat. And should we survice that, we have an even MORE difficult game before we even can start to THINK about what the NFC has instore for us.

Lets get back to the program. Lets have the same mental discipline as our team. Let us lock in on the next challenge ahead, and turn off the "noise" from the mediots who are full on with their "tomato can" litinany because if the Pats should fail, it will provide them with the easiest story lines. They have already declaired that anything less than a superbowl win would be an EPIC FAIL, and thuse already taking luster off whatever this team accomplishes. Can't you hear Shank and Felger's rant this off season. "Yeah they won, but the league sucked this year" :rolleyes:
Now this is a fair approach here, thank you.

They're closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back