PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we stop ignoring Green Bay now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I said this in the game day thread, but I feel like we're underselling them big time. I hate em, but They're the team that has that 2011 Giants, 12 Ravens, feel to them. Big weaknesses on their team, but a huge strength, along with momentum, are masking those weaknesses.

I don't want to play them. And as for this game, let's be smart here: Even if the Giants rally, they aren't beating us. They don't have it in them.

EDIT: Hey, could someone help me out and find where I said we couldn't beat the Packers? I'm having trouble finding where I said that.

Last edited:
And another TD. Yeahhh this ones over.

What they do doesn't matter to us, because they might not even make it to the Super Bowl. Worry about Houston, winner of KC/Pittsburgh first, then we worry about whoever wins the NFC.

We don't get to play the Browns for the Super Bowl. It's hard to win a championship, and odds are you're going to have to beat a very good team to do so.

Dallas, Atlanta, Green Bay, Seattle will all be difficult. Being the best in the world is never easy, shouldn't expect it to be. But if we get there, whoever gets there will also feel the same way about us.

Can we wait to see if the Pats and Packers make it to the Super Bowl before we start worrying about them? Both the Pats and Packers have to win two more games (barring a Giants comeback) before they would face each other.

I think people are overrating the Giants. I thought the Packers were going to win and decisively. I am not sure that Green Bay will run the gauntlet of going to Dallas and then probably to Seattle to get to the Super Bowl. They could, but it will be tough.

Awful, awful D + no Nelson (or will be quite hobbled) + ok running game.

Rodgers has been good for 1 playoff game lately, then flames out.

We'll see how it goes this year, I guess. These type of threads are getting ridiculous though.

This Colin Cowherd bit was an interesting take on teams with poor defenses making the SB:

I think we should probably ignore them until both of us reach the Super Bowl....

But seriously, Brady would torch that defense and if Nelson is out, that's a big piece of their offense.

Color me not intimidated. I think they've got the slight edge over Atlanta as the most favorable matchup of the four remaining NFC teams.

How much confidence do we have in: a Dallas team with a rookie QB, an Atlanta team with no Defense, and a Seattle team with major consistency issues, beating them?

Book it. They're the team we see in Houston if we get there. Hope our defense is ready. They only look better without Nelson, proof that this is all Rodgers.

Why are you ****ting your panties about them in multiple threads? They wouldn't be Seattle or Dallas and it's debatable that they'll beat Atlanta. Is this your thing?

The Giants have a crap coach and they lost their best corner earlier in the game. Also the Packers are a different team on the road.
They looked fine in all of their recent road games, so where's the evidence for that

And this is coming from a guy who hates the Packers, especially Rodgers. Honestly losing to them would be almost as bad for me as losing to the Giants a 3rd time.

Well, losing to Rodgers, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey