PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we stop ignoring Green Bay now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know if the Giants had Brady instead of Eli, the Giants probably would have been up 14-0 before the Packers scored their first points in this game.

How much confidence do we have in: a Dallas team with a rookie QB, an Atlanta team with no Defense, and a Seattle team with major consistency issues, beating them?

Book it. They're the team we see in Houston if we get there. Hope our defense is ready. They only look better without Nelson, proof that this is all Rodgers.
Injuries and all I still don't trust the Dallas secondary vs Rodgers. He can easily light them up like a Christmas tree! On the flip side I don't trust their defense vs the Cowboys offense! The Packers/Cowboys game should be a match of wits!

Eli put the ball right in the receivers hands, they just dropped it.

There were other passes that he missed that could have set up TDs. It wasn't all his receivers' fault.

But even so, that is several dropped passes from this game being completely different which had nothing to do with the Packers.

I think people are overrating the Giants. I thought the Packers were going to win and decisively. I am not sure that Green Bay will run the gauntlet of going to Dallas and then probably to Seattle to get to the Super Bowl. They could, but it will be tough.

Any and everything NY-related is always overrated.

Awful, awful D + no Nelson (or will be quite hobbled) + ok running game.

Rodgers has been good for 1 playoff game lately, then flames out.

We'll see how it goes this year, I guess. These type of threads are getting ridiculous though.

This Colin Cowherd bit was an interesting take on teams with poor defenses making the SB:

I agreed when I first saw this too, and this has been my take on them, that their defense isn't good enough. BUT their team is similar in those stats of those Giants, Ravens teams. Today is showing me that they are potentially another one of those type of teams.

What you are seeing is a team with playoff experience playing against a team with basically none. Giants spent their wad in the first quarter.

How much confidence do we have in: a Dallas team with a rookie QB, an Atlanta team with no Defense, and a Seattle team with major consistency issues, beating them?

Book it. They're the team we see in Houston if we get there. Hope our defense is ready. They only look better without Nelson, proof that this is all Rodgers.

Defenses tend to loosen up as the game goes on. Starting the full game without 2 of there best offensive players on the road is going to be very tough. Rodgers will have to play perfect and you know Dallas is just going to run the ball right down there throat and kill clock.

The Packers are at home and look good, nothing to see here.

all the packers winning today did was make the cowboys a lock to be in the SB

Defenses tend to loosen up as the game goes on. Starting the full game without 2 of there best offensive players on the road is going to be very tough. Rodgers will have to play perfect and you know Dallas is just going to run the ball right down there throat and kill clock.
Montgomery is back in the game

What you are seeing is a team with playoff experience playing against a team with basically none. Giants spent their wad in the first quarter.
I do agree on all the points that the Giants were overrated. I hadn't really seen them play very well the last few games of the year, namely that Philly game.

But what can you say, they're blowing them out.

The problem is that he has been playing perfect every game. It's at the point where you assume he's going to play that way. I don't see anyone in that conference who will stop him, unless either:

A. Dallas absolutely kills the clock in that game.

Or B: Matt Ryan puts up 40 points, and manages to barely outduel him. Atlanta's allowing at least 38 in that one.

We don't get to play the Browns for the Super Bowl. It's hard to win a championship, and odds are you're going to have to beat a very good team to do so.

Dallas, Atlanta, Green Bay, Seattle will all be difficult. Being the best in the world is never easy, shouldn't expect it to be. But if we get there, whoever gets there will also feel the same way about us.
no not the Browns... but we do get to play Houston this week.. just sayin..

Giants with a lot of undisciplined secondary play

I just know that I won't be able to give you further analysis after this game, because I can't watch Green Bay games anymore. Frustrates me too much. :mad:

The problem is that he has been playing perfect every game. It's at the point where you assume he's going to play that way. I don't see anyone in that conference who will stop him, unless either:

A. Dallas absolutely kills the clock in that game.

Or B: Matt Ryan puts up 40 points, and manages to barely out duel him.

The Giants pretty much stopped him in the 1st half the game.. He got a lucky hail mary pass. Which completely changed the whole complexion of the game. I picked GB to go to the Super Bowl, but its more of a hunch kinda guess than a reality guess. I think Dallas is the better all over all team. But Dallas has 2 rookies leading there offense.

It should be a good game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick