PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we stop ignoring Green Bay now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, worrying about them, or any NFC team, is pretty silly at this point.

I don't get the Packer hate here. The players and coaches seem to do it the right way, without drawing all the "aren't I great" attention when they do something well.
No hate from this Pats fan! Rodgers does rub me the wrong at times. Still and all he's a undeniable talent! Screw the Packers with no lubrication! I'm just a fan of great QBs!

this

i had the 4 winners this week, then NE, KC, ATL & GB

NE/ATL

NE

Divisional Round Winners:

NE (EZPZ)
KC ( hard decision )
Seattle (Hard Decision)
GB ( Hard Decision)

I will stop ignoring them if they beat the Cowboys.

A 4-4 road record does not shake me to the core. And they lost to the Boys at home already. And the Boys have improved since the last meeting.

If Rodgers plays a first half like that again, they will be down 3 TDs at the half, with the added difference the Boys will keep scoring on them because the Pack have no D. The Boys will offer more than the anemic Giants offense can bring to the table.

No thanks. I'll waste my time worrying about the Texans.....you know, the actual team they have to play next weekend.

I don't see GB beating the Boys on the road.

They aren't beating Dallas

I could see a scenario where the cowboys get overconfident and end up beating themselves. Cowboys won by only 10 points earlier this year.

I honestly think the road to the SB in the NFC is going to depend on who wins the Atlanta/Seacawks game. I think Seattle has a better chance of making the SB than the other 3 teams

I could see a scenario where the cowboys get overconfident and end up beating themselves.
Possible . They are young too.

Losing Nelson is like losing Gronk. They did well today though.

I think DAL at home is too much.

EZ E is a monster.

With healthy respect, I don't believe the Patriots should fear any of the remaining teams. The Patriots best is better than the rest of the league's best. The simple fact is, it will come down to execution and a little luck.

When scheming for the Patriots, teams need to consider:
  • Tom Brady,
  • Belichick's adjustment and game-day coaching,
  • A now very good Offensive Line,
  • Pass catchers who can run every route & get open quickly,
  • A diverse set of running backs,
  • A Defensive Line that can stop the run,
  • Defensive Ends now causing disruption,
  • Assignment discipline from the Linebackers,
  • A couple of very handy Safeties,
  • One of the better corners in the league being supported by guys who have steadily improved, &
  • A kicker & punter who are both in a groove.
Post the Seahawks debacle, this team is good. It's real good.

I mean hey, go ahead and call me out on this thread if I'm wrong. I'll be more than happy to eat my crow on this one.

Rodgers is freaking unreal, there's no doubt about it (which some posters on this board refuse to acknowledge), but one player, even the QB does not take you to the SB. GB's defense will have to prove that they can make stops against the likes of a Dallas or Atlanta offense if they hope to make it to the SB.
It is a good point to make that GB's defense hasn't really been tested at all since the Washington game.

Green Bay, or whomever else advances to the Super Bowl, will be formidable opponent.........after all, it's the figgin Super Bowl.

I bet that whomever we play, though, will be at lesat as worried about us than we are of them.

No, unless one or both of us gets to the SB.

Why are you ****ting your panties about them in multiple threads? They wouldn't be Seattle or Dallas and it's debatable that they'll beat Atlanta. Is this your thing?
Gameday thread is too cluttered, needed space

Remember when the Pats didn't want Seattle in the SB 2 years ago????

Some of you people are huge ****ies.

Hey guess what? Pats are pretty good team themselves with a QB and coach that have won the SB 4 times and been there 2 more times.
I actually don't care, I wouldn't have cared if we had played the Giants for a third time.

When I don't want to play a team, it's not that I don't think we can beat them, it's more of thinking about what happens if we don't win.

For me, the whole Rodgers Brady comparison gets under my skin. He's just like Manning in a lot of ways. Living in an area where Packer fans are everywhere sure doesn't help that either. But I guess that's just me.

Yeah, it's a bit George Costanza to look at it that way. But like I said earlier, I don't care if I'm dead wrong and if they get blown out next week.

If that happens, please do bring this thread back up. I'll be more than happy to own up to it and say my take was a little hot out of the oven.

who cares? literally every NFC team in the playoffs except the lions had a shot to make the SB this year... the hawks, cowboys, packers, and even falcons would be tough matchups. we won't skate by against bad teams all playoffs

Here is how i look at it. What team in the NFC do you want to face?

Dallas, Atlanta. GB, Seattle? None of those are easy. Whoever we play will be a headache (As you would expect in the superbowl. Rarely does a Chicago Bears 2006 make it.

There is not a bad QB among those teams. We will need to face someone good at that spot.
Atlanta and Dallas have no experience. Sign me up.

And Seattle isn't looking itself. Although then again, them reaching the SB might mean they are playing like their old selves.

Yeah, worrying about them, or any NFC team, is pretty silly at this point.

I don't get the Packer hate here. The players and coaches seem to do it the right way, without drawing all the "aren't I great" attention when they do something well.
Rodgers is extremely arrogant, I'd say he smugly pulls that "aren't I great" stuff quite a bit. He's also Brady's best QB competition in the NFL right now.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. Some people only see our weaknesses and overemphasize those while keying in and overemphasizing the strengths of other teams.
Only problem is I said nothing about us having weaknesses. Nice try, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes