PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we stop ignoring Green Bay now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta is going to truck GB!

I said this in the game day thread, but I feel like we're underselling them big time. I hate em, but They're the team that has that 2011 Giants, 12 Ravens, feel to them. Big weaknesses on their team, but a huge strength, along with momentum, are masking those weaknesses.

I don't want to play them. And as for this game, let's be smart here: Even if the Giants rally, they aren't beating us. They don't have it in them.

EDIT: Hey, could someone help me out and find where I said we couldn't beat the Packers? I'm having trouble finding where I said that.
Let's just find out who the Pats are playing next week.

If the Steelers win tonight then it's the Pats vs three teams that are essentially all offense, no defense.

...a formula that never defeats the Pats in the playoffs.

Still ignoring
Like you probably ignored the Ravens, Giants, etc...

If we get there, we have what it takes to get it done, but they are the biggest challenge left now IMO. Nothing is more dangerous than a 9,10 win team going on a playoff run red hot. Sometimes momentum just makes things unexplainable, and all the analytics get thrown out the window.

If the Steelers win tonight then it's the Pats vs three teams that are essentially all offense, no defense.

...a formula that never defeats the Pats in the playoffs.
With Atlanta, yes. But it seems like Pitt and GB both have defenses that find ways to make a few plays, despite being somewhat weak.

Our offense not having its best night in a game against them could equal big trouble. It'll have to be much better than how it was last night.

GB will kill us. There's no hope

GB will kill us. There's no hope
You should be banned from your keyboard if you can't even open your mind enough to simply recognize an opponent.

Like you probably ignored the Ravens, Giants, etc...

If we get there, we have what it takes to get it done, but they are the biggest challenge left now IMO. Nothing is more dangerous than a 9,10 win team going on a playoff run red hot. Sometimes momentum just makes things unexplainable, and all the analytics get thrown out the window.

The Patriots have won 8 in a row.

You should be banned from your keyboard if you can't even open your mind enough to simply recognize an opponent.

I was being sarcastic

Someone put it really good in another thread. Not to get Madden-esque, but:

Do you really think that the Packers' D will stop our offense more than the Patriots' D will stop the Packers offense?

Watching the game today, I thought that Brady would put up 30 points easily on the Packers and 40 is very doable.

We have the best defense by points allowed in the NFL, and that means something regardless of who we played. We are way better than the Cowboys D, who were able to keep Rodgers to a manageable number of points in the second half (just too bad it took them so long to figure it out).

Sure, Rodgers can beat us if we don't bring our A game, but the amount of doom and gloom in the Packers - Cowboys game day thread was laughable. If we played them 10 times on a neutral field, we win 7.

Someone put it really good in another thread. Not to get Madden-esque, but:

Do you really think that the Packers' D will stop our offense more than the Patriots' D will stop the Packers offense?

Watching the game today, I thought that Brady would put up 30 points easily on the Packers and 40 is very doable.

We have the best defense by points allowed in the NFL, and that means something regardless of who we played. We are way better than the Cowboys D, who were able to keep Rodgers to a manageable number of points in the second half (just too bad it took them so long to figure it out).

Sure, Rodgers can beat us if we don't bring our A game, but the amount of doom and gloom in the Packers - Cowboys game day thread was laughable. If we played them 10 times on a neutral field, we win 7.
To me it all comes down to our offense getting back on track. Stupid mistakes like last night and we will lose to Green Bay.

I agree though, Green Bay hasn't faced such a good balance of offense and defense as ours in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back