PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we root for Mahomes now?

Childish, tbh. He has his advocates: so what? I too think Tom has the edge by the better part of a mile, but disparaging those who admire Mahomes is asinine, in my not-very-humble opinion.
Would you root for the Yankees just because you thought Jeeter was a good player? Hell no. I respected him for his play but hated the Yankees and would root against them every.****ing.time.

You cant defend sand lot ball.

Would you root for the Yankees just because you thought Jeeter was a good player? Hell no. I respected him for his play but hated the Yankees and would root against them every.****ing.time.
He will be with you in a second. He’s “engaged in conversation,” doing what old men tend to do when something doesn’t go their way - complaining to an authority figure.

There will be another nfl dynasty one day. I don't know if that team is KC Chiefs but if not them it will be somebody else anyway
It shouldn't be possible in the AFC right now. Too many elite young quarterbacks on really good teams. Mahomes and Allen got a head start on Burrow and Herbert but with the four of them being in their prime at the same time, in the same conference, there shouldn't be an opportunity for a dynasty.

I haven't given up on Lamar Jackson either and Lawrence looks like he's going to be a legit franchise quarterback. Lamar needs a better team and Lawrence plays for young team that will only get better.

Everyone else in the conference is ****ed.

Last edited:
He will be with you in a second. He’s “engaged in conversation,” doing what old men tend to do when something doesn’t go their way - complaining to an authority figure.
He (or she?) can't take a joke I guess.

My Father told me a long time ago that you go with the best QB in these big games.

Thats Mahomes.
Your father doesn't know sh*t about football. Mahomes doesn't hold a candle to Brady in big games.

Who did you kill this time?

During the Patriots dynasty era it was natural to 'hate' and 'actively root against' the teams that were a threat to the Pats.

Therefore, I would root against Peyton and Roethlisberger and then eventually Mahomes. I didn't want them to prevent hte Pats from winning the title, but also I didn't want them to surpass Brady's greatness.

Now that Brady is gone from the Pats and the Pats' dynasty era is over, I don't dislike these teams or players like I used to. I feel Brady's legacy is pretty secure, in fact when it comes to Mahomes specifically Brady has already beat him in two playoff games.

I think I've finally reached the point where I wouldn't mind if Mahomes wins this Super Bowl. It might be one of those Michael Jordan-things. Every year I would root against Jordan in teh finals, but it was only after he retired I was like 'ya, that dude was really good though'. Where I do respect Mahomes and his ability to have his team at the top each year (just like Brady would do).

Anyone else finding it easier to root for Mahomes these days?
Look up videos of his wife and brother and see if you still feel the same way.

It shouldn't be possible in the AFC right now. Too many elite young quarterbacks on really good teams. Mahomes and Allen got a head start on Burrow and Herbert but with the four of them being in their prime at the same time, in the same conference, there should be an opportunity for a dynasty.

I haven't given up on Lamar Jackson either and Lawrence looks like he's going to be a legit franchise quarterback. Lamar needs a better team and Lawrence plays for young team that will only get better.

Everyone else in the conference is ****ed.
If the Chiefs win the superbowl there is a legitimate chance. Buffalo imo won't ever be one.

Edit: Philly also has a chance to win two in six years. Not a dynasty but that isn't bad stats

During the Patriots dynasty era it was natural to 'hate' and 'actively root against' the teams that were a threat to the Pats.

Therefore, I would root against Peyton and Roethlisberger and then eventually Mahomes. I didn't want them to prevent hte Pats from winning the title, but also I didn't want them to surpass Brady's greatness.

Now that Brady is gone from the Pats and the Pats' dynasty era is over, I don't dislike these teams or players like I used to. I feel Brady's legacy is pretty secure, in fact when it comes to Mahomes specifically Brady has already beat him in two playoff games.

I think I've finally reached the point where I wouldn't mind if Mahomes wins this Super Bowl. It might be one of those Michael Jordan-things. Every year I would root against Jordan in teh finals, but it was only after he retired I was like 'ya, that dude was really good though'. Where I do respect Mahomes and his ability to have his team at the top each year (just like Brady would do).

1675296572601.gif

It's good for the NFL if another team has success like the Patriots (but not as much of course). Parody is terrible.

I want to see constant battles between consistent quality teams.

Parody, done well, is great. Ask any Mel Brooks fan.
Sports parity, now that sucks. Pro sports need a villain team. A Goliath for Davids to go at is always better theater.
Yep, I misspelled that one.

I’m with you. Once the Pats fell off it didn’t matter to root against the Chiefs because we are a non-threat.

I like Mahomes and Reid is a good coach. They are approaching dynasty territory. Good for them.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
Back