PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we finally stop pretending that Cam is good?

Belichick has tanked in the past. Specifically, in 2005, when the Bengals basically said "Hey, you want the #3 seed instead of the #4 seed? It's yours if you want it." That was the game that ended with Matt Cassel airmailing a 2PC attempt into the stands. [The #3 seed had to play PIT.]
That is 100% not true.

As bad as newton is, and he is really bad, we gave up 250 rushing yards to the worst rushing team in the nfl!!!!!

What is bb doing?

Newton is among the worst 5-6 qb’s in the league and falling. Ill be surprised if he plays anywhere next year.

Maybe as a backup but his days as a starter are done I think. I like the guy and think he has been a professional off the field so it's sad to see.

His shoulder is shot and he can't throw the ball anymore. And teams don't fear him taking off and running anymore.

I watched some highlights of him a couple years ago before his shoulder injury and it was night and day

2 Games left and finally i think i can side with the OP

Newton has been bad on his ball placement all season, he doesnt seem to go through his reads fast enough and he isnt showing up on big time games. With that being said, his salary seems reasonable to his performance :rofl:

I wouldnt put Stid in unless he's clearly outperforming Cam in practices. Since I dont think he is, I have no problem with Cam being the starter until the 3rd quarter of the last game. I dont think "giving a player experience" should come first to "we are trying to win", regardless of the big picture

Next year things cant get any crazier right? So lets just hope for better things to come
If, in Belichick's eyes, Stidham looks like a worse alternative to Cam, who has been terrible, then Stid should have been released and somebody, anybody, signed to challenge Newton for the starter's role. Keeping a second year quarterback on the bench, when the starter finds it almost impossible to complete a touchdown pass, indicates that he has no future with this team.

Last edited:
There is a possibility cam newton may end the season with 5 passing touchdowns. That has to be a record worst for a starting QB who will end up playing 15 games right?

As bad as newton is, and he is really bad, we gave up 250 rushing yards to the worst rushing team in the nfl!!!!!

What is bb doing?
In an elimination game.

Embarrassing.

Even if stid is bad , allow him to play and release him if he stinks. Worse try out Dolegala. Find out who is your back up.
Cam is not the answer. It will at least tell you how aggressive you need to move up the chains to draft a qb.

If Bill still doesn't play stidham , it's not in teams interest and more about the ego... the team culture is about winning or trying to put team in a position to win in future. Playing cam Sadly does not allow us to do that.

I am not a Newton guy, but let’s not be too hard on him considering we have the worst set of wide receivers & tight ends in the NFL.

Maholmes would not be QB we all know if he was playing with our receivers & tight ends.

We need WR & TE as much as a new QB.

I am not a Newton guy, but let’s not be too hard on him considering we have the worst set of wide receivers & tight ends in the NFL.

Maholmes would not be QB we all know if he was playing with our receivers & tight ends.

grest qb’s make the players around them better. If we had Mahones on this team, we would be going to the playoffs.

You aren't totally wrong, but the eye test tells me Cam newton has poor throwing mechanics and has poor pocket presence

Cam = Bledsoe without the arm. Runs a bit like him too - seriously.

You aren't totally wrong, but the eye test tells me Cam newton has poor throwing mechanics and has poor pocket presence

I keep thinking someone on our staff will help newton to get his feet set. But that never happens.

but yet bb thinks he gives us the best chance to win?

what are we missing?
An interesting relationship between him and Cam. And no, I don’t think it’s because BB thinks Stidham is an awful QB. I think you’ll see Stidham the last couple of games considering how he was talking during the week and how he made the press conference very short after the game.

If, in Belichick's eyes, Stidham looks like a worse alternative to Cam, who has been terrible, then Stid should have been released and somebody, anybody, signed to challenge Newton for the starter's role. Keeping a second year quarterback on the bench, when the starter finds it almost impossible to complete a touchdown pass, indicates that he has no future with this team.
QBs are hard to find, I simply think there arent clear cut better alternatives... Stidham has room to grow, maybe not much, but maybe he can become a Game Manager with tim and a 2nd to 3rd year jump isnt that uncommon... I wouldnt let him go just yet, espcially cause behind him we have Hoyer

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back