PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Cameron McGrone

It's perfectly acceptable to Grone when a tackle is missed. Thank you...I'll be here all week.

It's perfectly acceptable to Grone when a tackle is missed. Thank you...I'll be here all week.
I watched some highlights with the TV commentary, and it sounds like it's pronounced "Mc-Groon". But I'll allow it.

Dane Brugler's summary (projected 4th-5th round pick; 12th best LB)

A two-year starter at Michigan, McGrone lined up as the middle linebacker in former defensive coordinator Don Brown’s 4-3 base scheme. He admirably filled the shoes of the departed Devin Bush in 2019 with 65 tackles, including nine for loss, but his tape from last season wasn’t as impressive, including a seasonending knee injury. McGrone is an athletic, instinctive linebacker who can easily unlock and go and makes plays all over the field. He does a great job keying and getting a head start, but he struggles if he doesn’t play out in front and the play is usually over once defenders latch on. Overall, McGrone has outstanding speed and he trusts his vision, which allows him to play fast, but his play strength issues, inexperience and injuries are strong concerns for his NFL transition.

the key factors for me are the fact he's been described as explosive and athletic, and the fact that he's just 20.

I kind of hope he gets a red shirt year which sees him just getting practice and scout squad looks. Regardless what he looks like NOW he will be entering his 3rd season in the league as a 22 year old. To put that in perspective Mac Jones will enter his first season as a 24 year old.

the key factors for me are the fact he's been described as explosive and athletic, and the fact that he's just 20.

I kind of hope he gets a red shirt year which sees him just getting practice and scout squad looks. Regardless what he looks like NOW he will be entering his 3rd season in the league as a 22 year old. To put that in perspective Mac Jones will enter his first season as a 24 year old.
Agreed on McGrone. It's not a pressing need rn at all. Let him recover, learn, train. Nice stash for next year.

I believe Mac will be 23 in Sept fwiw.

They’re nothing alike other than going to the same school

McGrone is an off the ball LB who probably projects best to MIKE and is really a run stopper who (if he hits his upside) can blitz and cover well enough to play 3 downs

Crable was an EDGE who was weak at the POA and really was a pass rusher only guy who they hoped could add the strength to play against the run. Unfortunately, he had the leg build of a 13 year old girl. Never seen such spindly legs on an NFL front 7 player.
Ahh..... memories:

The kid doesn't have the pins to hold up against the running game, in all likelihood. He's got basketball calves.

Crable as a pass rusher

Last edited:
Dane Brugler's summary (projected 4th-5th round pick; 12th best LB)

A two-year starter at Michigan, McGrone lined up as the middle linebacker in former defensive coordinator Don Brown’s 4-3 base scheme. He admirably filled the shoes of the departed Devin Bush in 2019 with 65 tackles, including nine for loss, but his tape from last season wasn’t as impressive, including a seasonending knee injury. McGrone is an athletic, instinctive linebacker who can easily unlock and go and makes plays all over the field. He does a great job keying and getting a head start, but he struggles if he doesn’t play out in front and the play is usually over once defenders latch on. Overall, McGrone has outstanding speed and he trusts his vision, which allows him to play fast, but his play strength issues, inexperience and injuries are strong concerns for his NFL transition.

Why would “ defenders latch on”?

I like the pick, give him a year to recover, learn the system, and put in some muscle, then see if he is ready for 2022. Opinions vary but he had a grade as high as the 2nd round. Who knows if that’s accurate put it does show some thought he was a was a really good prospect.

Terrific...It's started already...Another Michigan mid-field/edge defender who's going to ****ing Suck, and another pick Completely ****ing Wasted without filling ANY of our several needs.
Terrific...It's started already...Another Michigan mid-field/edge defender who's going to ****ing Suck, and another pick Completely ****ing Wasted without filling ANY of our several needs.
Cameron McGroan amirite :cool:

Dude, stop the drinking, start the weed. You'll be happier and live longer (and want to).

j/k

You don’t have any idea how unlikely it is to find legit starters at any position on day 3, do you?

Drafting a day 2 talent who dropped to the 5th because of a very common injury when you are long on seasoned vets and short on roster spots, allowing you to redshirt him, unless you need him come week 8 and he is fully healthy, and have him ready to push for a starting ILB spot is smart.

You are not smart, as another one of your absurd takes proves.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back