PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam says he would be happy to return to the Pats

If I have an opinion I want to express regarding Cam's passing abilities, is it mandatory that I first declare what a great leader we are told he is before I dare shred his passing skills?
Is this a new unwritten rule that was adopted in a closed door session of the Boston media and by the PatsFans Veterans Committee?

Last edited:
If I have an opinion I want to express regarding Cam's passing abilities, is it mandatory that I first declare what a great leader we are told he is before I dare shred his passing skills?
Is this a new unwritten rule that everyone adheres too now?
This wasn't the main intention for me. Just pointing out shortly reasons i would take him back vs the main reason i don't want him back

Edelman had a career high receiving yards in a game with Cam as the QB. Edelman spent a decade with Tom Brady, but after only a few weeks with Cam, had a career high in receiving.

Jimmy G's Super Bowl year he accounted for 28 TD - 13 giveaways ..

Cam this past season accounted for 21 TD - 11 giveaways

So Jimmy net 5 more TD in a Super Bowl year, than Cam did in his supposed 'awful' 2020

Yeah, Cam had to rush for TD's because NE literally had the worst collection of TE/WR's in NFL history ..

Yes, the 2020 New England WR's and TE's = worst group in NFL history .. yet, Cam won more games than Matt Ryan amongst others.

Cam's running ability alone is what made NE a 7 win team .. without Cam that dumpster fire team wins 2 games. Brady left because the cupboard was bare.

And Jimmy G's 2019 was 16 games ..

Cam had 15 games this season

So basically Cam accounted for as much in 2020 as Jimmy G did in 2019 but were saying Cam's done, but Jimmy G is a good option.

Jokes.

Edelman had a career high receiving yards in a game with Cam as the QB. Edelman spent a decade with Tom Brady, but after only a few weeks with Cam, had a career high in receiving.

So Jimmy net 5 more TD in a Super Bowl year, than Cam did in his supposed 'awful' 2020

Yeah, Cam had to rush for TD's because NE literally had the worst collection of TE/WR's in NFL history ..

Yes, the 2020 New England WR's and TE's = worst group in NFL history .. yet, Cam won more games than Matt Ryan amongst others.

Cam's running ability alone is what made NE a 7 win team .. without Cam that dumpster fire team wins 2 games. Brady left because the cupboard was bare.

So basically Cam accounted for as much in 2020 as Jimmy G did in 2019 but were saying Cam's done, but Jimmy G is a good option.

Jokes.
For your sake, I really hope this was just a troll post on your part.

And for your sake, I really hope you're ready to see Cam win an MVP(s) and championship(s) in a Patriots uniform
I really enjoyed watching Cam play last year, although at times it was hard to see him struggle. But even I am not as hopeful as you for the upcoming season if Cam is QB. However, if he ends up being BB's choice, I will be hoping that you are correct and if you are right I will shower you with praise and dub you the greatest evaluator of QB's I have ever known (even though I barely know you).

Jokes.

Patriots offense in 2020 with Cam vs 2019 with those same "worst collection of TE/WRs"
Dropped 20 spots in league ranking in scoring. That's like someone flipping the off switch almost literally.
Dropped 12 spots in in yards
Dropped 10 spots in first downs
Dropped 15 spots in TD passes almost all the way to dead last
Dropped 9 spots in drives ending with a score
Jumped 11 sports in number of interceptions thrown - as in he threw more

Not exactly a flattering testament to what he did to this offense...

Last edited:
with those same "worst collection of TE/WRs"
2019, Edelman played in all 16 games and had 1,100 receiving yards .. Edelman played in 6 games this season ..

I don't know where you get off saying it is the same collection of WR/TE

2019, Edelman played in all 16 games and had 1,100 receiving yards .. Edelman played in 6 games this season ..

I don't know where you get off saying it is the same collection of WR/TE
Ok - but offset going from a wretched OL in 2019 to one of the best in the league in 2020.

Ok - but offset going from a wretched OL in 2019 to one of the best in the league in 2020.

Pass plays were few, and when passes were called, they were usually quick, high % passes ..

The offensive line had it easy .. it was run block or pass protect for 2 seconds ... there were no long developing pass plays downfield that the line had to hold up for.

Whether we bring newton back or not, we can not expect anybody who starts for us next season to do any better than newton without better talent at the receiver position.

I think we need to sign Samuel and draft as many Moore’s as possible.

Patriots offense in 2020 with Cam vs 2019 with those same "worst collection of TE/WRs"
Dropped 20 spots in league ranking in scoring. That's like someone flipping the off switch almost literally.
Dropped 12 spots in in yards
Dropped 10 spots in first downs
Dropped 15 spots in TD passes almost all the way to dead last
Dropped 9 spots in drives ending with a score
Jumped 11 sports in number of interceptions thrown - as in he threw more

Not exactly a flattering testament to what he did to this offense...
Yeah but that was the GOAT in 2019. No one is saying Cam is equal to Brady.

However, Cam could be a game manager that allows the defense to shine by having long drives that milk the clock with all the running.

Cam won't be the best QB in the league but he doesn't have to be in order to win. He just needs to be solid while Bill improves the offense and defense with the returning vets and cash for FAs.

Imagine equating passing TDs for QBs with rushing TDs for QBs.....

rofl.gif

Imagine equating passing TDs for QBs with rushing TDs for QBs.....

rofl.gif
They both count for 6 where it matters. What’s the difference in how the ball goes across the goal line as long as it does? I mean I will grant you 21 TD’s in 15 games isn‘t that great but it’s not awful either.

They both count for 6 where it matters. What’s the difference in how the ball goes across the goal line as long as it does? I mean I will grant you 21 TD’s in 15 games isn‘t that great but it’s not awful either.
You don't see the difference, in context? My condolences.

You don't see the difference, in context? My condolences.
No I really don’t. What if he had thrown 8 more 1 yard TDs instead of running them in? We would still be complaining about the offenses lack of scoring. Which is the real problem not that Cam ran in 11 instead of throwing 20.

No I really don’t. What if he had thrown 8 more 1 yard TDs instead of running them in? We would still be complaining about the offenses lack of scoring. Which is the real problem not that Cam ran in 11 instead of throwing 20.
I'm sorry you can't see the obvious. Again, my condolences. Have a nice week.

In 2019, Dorsett, Sanu and Gordon combined for 891 receiving yards, those 3 along with Edelman equal basically two 1,000 yard WR's ... 2020 WR's nothing like 2019 WR's

If you thought 2020 offense was ugly, you should have saw it with a Mariota type .. Cam had 21 TD .. Mariota would have had 10

I'm sorry you can't see the obvious. Again, my condolences. Have a nice week.
Because you say so? The only reason I don’t have you on ignore is the few times you aren‘t a condescending douche canoe you actually have a really good take on football. So I shake my head at the 95% crap you post cuz the 5% has been worth it. So go into it deeper then I am right and you are stupid for not seeing it. In the early 2000’s a lot of people said the Patriots were lucky to win and were the inferior team because they won in unconventional ways, punt returns, low scoring defensive games, a guy being unconscious out of bounds. Does any of that matter at the end of the day as long as the scoreboard says Patriots more then the other team?

Now don’t take this as me defending Cam as a good NFL QB. Based on last year he is no longer one, in fact I would say he was easily in the bottom third of starters, missing some easy wide open throws. Even his completions looked like it took his entire body willing it to his guy 15 yards away. Yet you can’t take away 11 TDs cuz they were run in instead of thrown. They still count for the exact same 6 points and it sounds like you are making the same “style” arguments early Patriot haters made, it doesn’t LOOK pretty.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back