PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam says he would be happy to return to the Pats

Because you say so? The only reason I don’t have you on ignore is the few times you aren‘t a condescending douche canoe you actually have a really good take on football. So I shake my head at the 95% crap you post cuz the 5% has been worth it. So go into it deeper then I am right and you are stupid for not seeing it. In the early 2000’s a lot of people said the Patriots were lucky to win and were the inferior team because they won in unconventional ways, punt returns, low scoring defensive games, a guy being unconscious out of bounds. Does any of that matter at the end of the day as long as the scoreboard says Patriots more then the other team?

Now don’t take this as me defending Cam as a good NFL QB. Based on last year he is no longer one, in fact I would say he was easily in the bottom third of starters, missing some easy wide open throws. Even his completions looked like it took his entire body willing it to his guy 15 yards away. Yet you can’t take away 11 TDs cuz they were run in instead of thrown. They still count for the exact same 6 points and it sounds like you are making the same “style” arguments early Patriot haters made, it doesn’t LOOK pretty.

Did you read the dude's argument, or did you just decide to jump in without understanding? Because just jumping in, and not understanding context, could lead someone to take your position. But it's not about "score anyway you can". It's about responding to:

Cam says he would be happy to return to the Pats

Bill Belichick knows that Cam's throwing shoulder is shot from surgeries. If Bill wants to keep him I am OK with it. He won't be the throwing QB.

Because you say so? The only reason I don’t have you on ignore is the few times you aren‘t a condescending douche canoe you actually have a really good take on football. So I shake my head at the 95% crap you post cuz the 5% has been worth it. So go into it deeper then I am right and you are stupid for not seeing it. In the early 2000’s a lot of people said the Patriots were lucky to win and were the inferior team because they won in unconventional ways, punt returns, low scoring defensive games, a guy being unconscious out of bounds. Does any of that matter at the end of the day as long as the scoreboard says Patriots more then the other team?

Now don’t take this as me defending Cam as a good NFL QB. Based on last year he is no longer one, in fact I would say he was easily in the bottom third of starters, missing some easy wide open throws. Even his completions looked like it took his entire body willing it to his guy 15 yards away. Yet you can’t take away 11 TDs cuz they were run in instead of thrown. They still count for the exact same 6 points and it sounds like you are making the same “style” arguments early Patriot haters made, it doesn’t LOOK pretty.
I’ll answer. His rushing TDs aren’t replacing passing TDs they are just him running it in rather than a rb.
His 12 rushing TDs were part of 20 total compared to 17 in 2019 and 18 in 2018. His 8 passing tds were compared to 24 in 2019 and 28 in 2018.
So while it is the exact same 6 points as if you handed to the rb instead, the missing TDs from having the worst passing QBs in the nfl is the problem.

I’ll answer. His rushing TDs aren’t replacing passing TDs they are just him running it in rather than a rb.
His 12 rushing TDs were part of 20 total compared to 17 in 2019 and 18 in 2018. His 8 passing tds were compared to 24 in 2019 and 28 in 2018.
So while it is the exact same 6 points as if you handed to the rb instead, the missing TDs from having the worst passing QBs in the nfl is the problem.
I agree to a point. I don't think it correlates to a 1:1 ratio, probably close, but Cam's ability to run over people and being another legitimate running option created more TD's than this offense seemed capable of. I think we all agree that no matter who was at QB (from their roster last year) wasn't gonna throw many more TD's with the weapons available. Cam at least gave a spark on the ground once in a while. Everybody is hoping for improved play from the QB position this year, regardless of who is under center.

Bill's plan is to bring Cam back and use him as a gadget player ala Taysom Hill. With Stidham and Cam, McDaniels can come up with creative RPO plays. Cam can play behind the line, out wide, maybe even run the trick play NO used with Winston. Defenses will be so confused Pats can pull off two wins before anyone figures out what's happening. If he can steal Mariota, he'll have a 3 headed monster to unleash on the rest of the League.

Bill playing 3d chess while all the other idiots play checkers.

I wouldn’t be happy to have him back, he really screwed the pooch last year

He was a good leader. The team loved him despite his issues. I would be fine with him as a one year bridge to a drafted QB but it does concern me about the impact that has on signing talent on offense. Maybe they could target the draft for WR and use their cash on defensive pieces and a TE.
Disagree. He may be a good guy but he can’t throw anything under 20 yards to save his life. I would rather go with pretty much anyone than Cam Newton. If Belichick does this he is completely writing this season off.

His arm is shot, he's toast.

And what's worse is once he realised his arm was gone he looked like a deer in the headlights, indecisive and pretty much a liability.

His arm is shot, he's toast.

And what's worse is once he realised his arm was gone he looked like a deer in the headlights, indecisive and pretty much a liability.

His arm deteriorated as the season went on. We have seen that with guys like drew Brees. His mechanics went from pretty smooth early in the year to winding up like throwing a javelin later in the year

Now whether that was the abdomen injury or the multiple shoulder injuries it's not a good sign.

Bill needs to respond to Brady winning the SB and his own team going 7-9.

Bringing back the same team including the same QB is not a response. We're about to find out how good BB really is as a team builder and coach in 2021.

Bringing back the same team including the same QB is not a response. We're about to find out how good BB really is as a team builder and coach in 2021.
If what Belichick runs the club because of anything to do with Brady, he should simply retire.

If we don't care about a passing game higher than ranked 25th, by all means. If leadership and continuity are what matters, he's our man.

If we want a to try to put out a halfway decent offensive product on the field, he's not our man. Just because Nkeal Harry (lol) likes him and he's a fun locker room guy doesn't mean he's a quality QB that can lead this team to the playoffs.

tenor(3).gif

Belichick told Cam he would only take his legs back and Cam agreed.

Bill's now working on getting Alex Smith signed to transplant Cam's legs onto him.

Smith's wife will only agree if the transplant is from the waist down.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back