PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam says he would be happy to return to the Pats

Belichick told Cam he would only take his legs back and Cam agreed.

Bill's now working on getting Alex Smith signed to transplant Cam's legs onto him.

Smith's wife will only agree if the transplant is from the waist down.
So she wants a good scissor? How do you know Smith isn’t backing schmeat?

I think we need to mentally prepare that this is a possibility. If guys like Trubisky, Jimmy G stay with their teams and Mariota doesnt come off his demands of $20million then Bill may decide to go it another year with Cam Newton. and rationalize it by saying if we upgrade the Tight end and receivers that cam newton will be successful here.

If we do trade up for a top QB, i wouldnt necessarily hate it because I think Cam newton would be a good mentor. But I want someone personally who can pass better.

This kid is an a**hole

yup, little ****ing punk know it all that probably doesnt have a father figure

cant imagine being so disrespectful at that age, its a crazy thing to watch. You're talking to a football player that has won a heisman, NFL MVP, has been all pro, multiple pro bowls, played in superbowls... and this little punk is disrespecting and calling him out AT HIS OWN CAMP

Difficult not to root for him. I still think the a version of a good season would be a young QB in the draft (if the cards fall right) and Cam with a full offseason as the bridge. But his ability to make that jump with more time in the system is just a gut feeling. I wouldn't put much money on that.

I've grown more fond of Cam this year, just from a maturity standpoint and his leadership ability.

Still would rather go with a young guy to develop and build around, but I wouldn't hate it having Cam back assuming BB actually gives him some NFL level talent on offense

I would rather see Cam suit up again for the Pays than Tru*****sky get signed. There I said it.

The guy needed James White to tell him where the Blitz was coming from. Threw 15 yards pass in the ground after 5 yards. This had nothing to do with learning the offense. Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. At this point Mac Jones at 15 is much better value than Cam Newton and Mac Jones shouldn’t even be drafted in the 1st round. If Bill resign Cam, I understand why he is under .500 without Brady

Making a mistake on blitz pickup isnt a huge shocker in a brand new offense

Brady thought it was 3rd down on a 4th down play... brain farts happen, even from the most legendary players

I agree tho that Cam's talent has seriously fallen off, but im not sure how fair of an assessment we can really make given the sorry state of the offensive skill positions

I honestly think the smart option will be draft a rookie and keep Cam on the cheap. Very few QB’s on the market will contribute to the run game the way Cam will and until the new QB and whatever new offensive pieces are ready, we will likely lean on that. Pretty cost effective way to develop. Also maybe the new guy can learn some leadership qualities under Cam.

We aren’t winning a SB, so we should do what makes sense for the future

Making a mistake on blitz pickup isnt a huge shocker in a brand new offense

Brady thought it was 3rd down on a 4th down play... brain farts happen, even from the most legendary players

I agree tho that Cam's talent has seriously fallen off, but im not sure how fair of an assessment we can really make given the sorry state of the offensive skill positions

This, I go back and forth. It's the chicken and the egg. Or cams arm vs. sorry receivers. I'm sure it's both. But what percentage does bill feel it is?

I would rather see Cam suit up again for the Pays than Tru*****sky get signed. There I said it.
To me, the only QBs that could take us to the promised land in 1 year are Prescott, Wilson, or Watson, none of which are available and even if they were, are too expensive for the Pats.

The "guy" is coming from the draft, just like the last "guy." So, if they can't pick him up with #15 during this draft, then try again next year.

Use $62+M to build a top 5 run & pass defense. Draft young talent at WR/TE/OL. Settle for a low cost Cam-type QB and try again at next year's draft.

Unfortunately, I don't think Bill has the luxury of time to look long term. I have no idea what he'll do and can't wait to find out.

I heard Cam wants $20M per year. No joke.

I heard Cam wants $20M per year. No joke.
More importantly, I think that he expect to start for someone. I expect him to retire.

I'm sure that he would love to start for a team while a youngster learns for his first year, or steps in if necessary.

Cam may want $20million. No way he is getting it after last year.

I'm still curious what their internal evaluation of cam newton is. How much of last year was his arm deteriorating and how much was having the worst skill position players in the NFL?

That may be what's most telling and whether Bill will take him back.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back