PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam says he would be happy to return to the Pats

I’ll always watch the team play no matter what, but if Cam is the week 1 starting qb you have to question how serious this team is about winning and competing for a championship.

I’ll always watch the team play no matter what, but if Cam is the week 1 starting qb you have to question how serious this team is about winning and competing for a championship.
It tells me either:

A) Bill doesnt think the team is ready yet
B) Bill looked at film and thinks the issues with Cam can be corrected.

Honestly I'd be happy with Cam back and Mac Jones behind him. Knowing there's a solid plan for next year if this year goes south again would feel a lot better. Even if Mac is known as a leader already, there's still a lot he can learn from Cam.

It tells me either:

A) Bill doesnt think the team is ready yet
B) Bill looked at film and thinks the issues with Cam can be corrected.
I think alot of people have to recalibrate their expectations. This is not a single year rebuild. Short of Mahomes, Rodgers, or Brady walking through that door, this team has zero shot of getting far in the playoffs.

Possible that Cam was very negatively impacted by an abdominal injury and his decision making by COVID hangover. He was playing pretty well early on, just even looking at physical results of his throws. That being said, the ceiling on a Cam-led team is maybe challenging the outskirts of the playoffs. Still a lot better than 4-7 wins but is it worth it? Even with Jimmy G we know the ceiling is 13+ wins and at least getting to the big game if everything else goes perfectly. I don’t think Cam gets you even close to that.

Make Cam an HBack and I wouldn't mind having him back. I just don't know if the guy can throw the football anymore.

I'm surprised I haven't seen an announcement that he had surgery to fix his shoulder or arm yet. He was making throws that were not even close or in the dirt. Is his arm or shoulder okay ???

It's so hard not to root for this guy... if only he can play 75% as that of tannehill.

Considering where we are, he might be the best bet. If they take in. Am they need to draft a qb high. Gut says it is mac jones unless fields miraculously falls to us.

I couldn't care less about the kid thing. The kid was a jerk. I don't know exactly what Cam was going for there, some sort of hip therapist or something. I'd say he's about as good a therapist as he is a QB at this point.

As for Cam the QB (sic), if they bring him back, I'll take the season off, after - what? - almost 60 years following the team. If the team doesn't care about next year, why should I? To h-11 with 'em.

Listened to some of the I Am Athlete Podcast that Cam was on with Fred Taylor, Chad Johnson, and Brandon Marshall and he had some very interesting things to say about Aaron Hernandez. Basically said he was a good guy and didn't believe everything about him.

Yeah, other than 3 murders by gunfire he was a pretty good guy.

I have a daughter who is 16. She plays soccer. I could never imagine her ever saying something like to one of the pro soccer players who was doing a camp for her team even if that player was no longer in her prime. What an embarrassment for our youth. I cringed for that boys parents. He did issue an apology today which is a good response.

They all sounded like idiots when they started talking about Hernandez.

I think this unfortunately happens in all cases like this. Someone is a good friend, friendly guy, seems genuinely positive to you, but they have a darker part of their life you never see. Then when something horrible happens, your brain can't wrap itself around it being the same person. It's pretty easy (and common) for someone in that situation to just think "There must be more to this", rather than immediately flip the switch to, "Well, this guy I knew and loved is actually a monster."

A Hiesman trophy winner, National Champion QB, #1 overall pick and Superbowl QB takes the time to show up at a football camp to help you and you are a little sh@t to him? Whoever was running that camp, should have tossed that kid out on his ear.

Now I want BB to bring Cam back and win a SB (over Brady) with him!
Yeah what the kid did was punkish, but let's not get carried away now...

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back