PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

I can’t resist - have to pump up the forum:

Todd Bowles heavy blitz, off coverage scheme is not going to work vs. Mac.

Even if we lose that one if he looks good i am ok with it. Mac is a competitor. Dude has that moxy about him. Can’t wait. I am even more for excited for this season with the challenges of a rookie QB under center.

george costanza festivus GIF

Even if we lose that one if he looks good i am ok with it. Mac is a competitor. Dude has that moxy about him. Can’t wait. I am even more for excited for this season with the challenges of a rookie QB under center.
MAC has IT. That intangable that winners like TFB, Jordon, Bird etc have

Last edited:
I was so far convinced he was our Week 1-4 starter that I would have bet money but in a twist I would have actually paid it.

Genuinely surprised and I have to wonder how much his vaccination status factors in but here we are, rookie starting QB under Belichick.

Why does he need a vaccine for a disease he already had?
You're opening a can of worms but here goes...

Immunity only lasts so long and it decreases over time so he can catch it again. Also if vaccinated you reduce transmission by 2/3 meaning you are less of a risk to the rest of the team plus if the team has to miss a game due to an unvaccinated player getting covid you forfeit the game. So lots of reasons really

"Bill.....Nick Caserio on line 2"

Mac Daddy is ready for this. He has an OL and a running game. His teammates trust him. He will have his up and his downs but i see more ups. Go mac daddy!!!!!!
Why do you think BB will not start Daddy Hoyer?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
Thread is detailing to vaccine fight. Can’t live with it, can’t live without it.

Shaughnessy is working on a column right now to follow the team's first loss with the headline:

Patriots Would Have Beaten (Name of Team Here) With Cam Newton

Clearly the final nail in the coffin was Ben Volin's article this morning about how Bill's choice of Cam as starter was the right call! :rofl:

Belichick has eyes. And this eliminates a HUGE distraction and potential locker room tension as the season progresses.

Can we all have a moment of silence for Newton England?

I am very happy that Bill chose to go with Mac. Cutting Cam means there is no ambiguity. Mac is the starter and that's it. We are running with him.

He is a rookie and there will be growing pains, that's for sure. Good news is that we have a great OL and we should have a great running attack. We also have good pass catching backs and two good TEs. We also have a great defense. We will be able to keep things rather simple and control time of possession. It is really the perfect situation for a rookie QB. He will not be asked to win games by himself. He will be asked to make the right plays and put us in a position to win.

I will still wait a few weeks before buying a jersey, but I am excited ;)

I’m not here to start a long back and forth but can we agree that giving your starting QB next to no reps with the starters was an interesting decision?
he did not know who was going to start, he said he didn't. He got plenty of snaps with the first string during the dual practices both weeks.

I never wanted Cam here to begin with, I always viewed him as the guy who did not jump on the ball in the super bowl. He got here and I came to like him as a person and he played pretty good the first few games before he tested positive for covid. Then when he came back it was just so obvious he was not the guy. 8TDs in 15 games and I saw nothing in preseason that made me think he was suddenly going to be able to improve. They had Jones running the hurry up no huddle not Cam. Cam I like you, I think you are a good guy but I'd rather move on with someone with more upside for the long term than have another 2020 year.

Can;t wai
Cam the person earned my utmost respect.

Cam the football player completely sucked.

I have mixed feelings but this is what’s best for the team.
Utmost respect for an anti vaxxer, huh?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back