PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

Even if we lose that one if he looks good i am ok with it. Mac is a competitor. Dude has that moxy about him. Can’t wait. I am even more for excited for this season with the challenges of a rookie QB under center.
I totally agree. I was wondering what is the point to starting Cam, his limitations were obvious. I could see the point that some were making, that BB pushed in all his chips on FA and wanted to win now and thought Cam gave him the best chances for that. I'm so glad that turned out to be incorrect. It just wasn't fun watching Cam play. It seemed if they got behind on down and distance the offense struggled. Mac already showed in pre-season that he plays a more up-beat, more exciting style of football, one more in line with the Perkins/Erhardt derived system we're all familiar with.

time to find a new avatar picture

a) Cam doesn't want to be a backup.
b) Mac Jones is a team leader.
c) He will at times play like a rookie.
d) Now he won't be looking over his shoulder and will reach his ceiling faster.
Cam will be grateful to be offered a job as a backup.

Man, it seems like only yesterday that everybody was laughing about what BS Belichick was peddling by "not naming a starter" when it was SO obvious that Newton was starting, even though Jones was obviously the better choice and somehow stubborn Bill was the only person in the world not to accept it because he loved Newton blindly and unconditionally.

Huh, that was just yesterday. Time flies when you're a Pats fan!

Cam, the new rental scout team QB for teams facing a run pass option qb next week

It never made sense to me why it was better for Mac to sit out the early EASY portion of the schedule.......and then get inserted into the starting lineup sometime after Week 4, when on paper, the schedule is significantly tougher.

I'm in Pennsylvania and I can see the mushrooms cloud over Massachusetts from here. I liked Cam and thought he was a good teammate but not the answer. It will be a fun year. Go Mac!

While I am a bit surprised by this since they treated Cam like he was QB1 all preseason, I am really OK with it and looking forward to see what Mac can do. It could be a wild ride.

Last edited:
The only concern is this means Mac needs to take on Brady but maybe its a good thing we aren't going to coddle him
The only bigger shock than Cam being released is Mac beating Brady. It’s not gonna happen. Just look back to 2016, Brady’s 1st game back vs Cleveland, Brady will be on a mission. BUT, if Mac can keep it close, oh my.

It’s gonna be really interesting the first 4 games, 3 of those games against EXCELLENT defenses. Oline and run game really need to step it up.

Game 1- Mac vs Tua
Game 2- Mac vs Zach
Game 4- Mac vs Brady

Holy Schnickes.

Clearly the final nail in the coffin was Ben Volin's article this morning about how Bill's choice of Cam as starter was the right call! :rofl:

Belichick has eyes. And this eliminates a HUGE distraction and potential locker room tension as the season progresses.
Bravo to Bill. I gotta say I didn't really know if he'd go with the idea that Cam gave him the best chance to win now and that was the most important thing to him. Glad to see that BB still uses his eyes and doesn't go with hive-think. I bet his presser will be filled with praise of Cam but actions speak louder than words, he just kicked him to the curb. BB is still a cut-throat at heart.

And his INT Sunday, missing a wide open man, may’ve been a factor too.

I thought his Int was a fairly well placed ball that the defender just made a huge play on?

When I saw Cam's Instagram message claiming he was the #1QB, I immediately thought back to Chad Jackson and how he was ecstatic to make the team only to be cut the day after the cut-downs. Jackson made some pretty stupid comments about having made the team. He looked pretty foolish and arrogant when the Pats cut him. That's what Cam's post made me think.

And it's something I know BB doesn't care for.

Belichick not as stubborn as I thought. Absolutely the right move. Cam as a back up makes no sense.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back