PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Overreacts to Kid's Criticism

Cam explains himself in this article.

Here’s an interesting tidbit I’d never heard before.

“Newton has coached all-star teams in 7-on-7 tournaments throughout his playing career. Some of his alumni include Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and Patriots wide receiver Jakobi Meyers.”

“Newton has coached all-star teams in 7-on-7 tournaments throughout his playing career. Some of his alumni include Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and Patriots wide receiver Jakobi Meyers.”
Kind of a pseudo apology. Not sure how being a loud mouth calling out the guy who put the camp together for you is a "miscommunication".

Surprised you never heard that before as it was mentioned in commentary on every Pat's game like it was some quirky new fact no one had ever heard before...

I’d probably wind up in jail if I had to be around that kid longer than 15 seconds or so

If we are all Adam Seward, then nobody is Adam Seward
But if nobody is Adam Seward, then how could everybody be Adam Seward? Also, we’re breaking a rule. The first rule of Adam Seward is you do not talk about Adam Seward.

Last edited:

One reason why I wasn't an early fan of Cam as an actual player when he started off in Carolina, but I also added in that I did like him as a person on working with Youth and what he did for the local community.

He's always been running various types of football camps with youths, and has even showed up at some local practices in his past. He does genuinely come across as a nice guy trying to help.

That kid really needs to have a talk to by his dad or mom. His writte apology via social media was even half assed blaming it on miscommunication and how he can see the video exchange was "misinterpreted"...

Last edited:
Sign that kid.

And we're right back to big friggin' eyeroll. "But I can't make out what's being said in the second, way more illustrative video!" Please.
Just look at the guys avatar, says it all. He's lecturing about how his parents taught him not to disrespect ppl but has a childish avatar making fun of a female minority mayor of a major US city. Then he doubles down with "i don't speak jive" line. Guy's a major idiot.

Let's destroy him ... "Undecided" ...
IMG_20210222_174009~2.jpg

Nobody will care about this within a week. He will and likely already has gotten a stern talking to. He was wrong and was immature but so are a lot of people his age.

Seriously. I wonder how everyone would react if they were volunteering their time to help kids and some high schooler started calling them "ass" and hoping they'd lose their job.
Happened to me, not that I am 0.0001% as accomplished as Cam is, but I got called a loser instead of a wish for me to lose my job.

I just dealt with it, didn't say a word. I understood that I was not there for that one idiot kid, but for the one kid whose life I may actually impact in the smallest but positive way.

In the end, I realized that the only control I have is how I react and how I treat other people.

I was there for the right reasons and so was Cam...That was more than enough for me.

What did he say wrong?

He said Cam played like ***. Whats the issue?

Cam's a good guy.
What did he say wrong?

He said Cam played like ***. Whats the issue?

Always appreciate insights from a man without the basic decency and moral fiber to hold true to his word, thanks man.

He should have slapped that kid upside the head, he was lucky to be there the ingrate

Both the kid and the adult looked like they were just having fun with some light roasting. You guys are so weird sometimes.
I thought the national media’s reaction to this was... rather strange.

I think Sportcenter tweeted out Cam’s career accomplishments.

Can we not overdramatize everything? I kinda doubt Cam lost much sleep over this.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back