Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
ProFootballWeekly.com - Cam Newton scouting report

Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup.

Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them.

Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law —

does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room.

Only a one-year producer.

Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness —

is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example.

Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.

So we would be happy to see him in Buffalo right :confused2:

Last edited:
I think he does end up in Buffalo

Has a draft bust look about him

No one in Buffalo will forget Jim Kelly if they draft Newton

I think he does end up in Buffalo

Has a draft bust look about him

No one in Buffalo will forget Jim Kelly if they draft Newton

Concur.

In fact, I believe that the "top" tier of QB's this year is going to be a BLOOD BATH. :eek:

Yes, hoping they choose Newton personally. I think that's better for us than a high caliber defensive selection.

Newton to me is just another scrambling big body with character issues. We see the same exact thing almost every year. JaMarcus Russel, Troy Smith (although he was not the typical 'big body' and that's one of the reasons he did not high--despite putting up crazy numbers and winning the Heisman that year)

I do not believe that doing well in the NCAA at basic QB'ing (first guy's covered, tuck it and run) will have any effect on NFL success.

Last edited:
i think the analysis went a little far saying the kid has a plastic smile. so what ! tell me if he can read defenses. the rest seems pertinent. figured. with the way he ended up at auburn. seemed a little entitled. don't tell me he didn't know what was going on.

Newton has the physical talents. Whether he can process at the NFL level, read defenses, and execute is what will count. Gee, a QB with an ego? Who woulda thunkit! When did that become news? He might be the next Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young. He might actually not bust. Who knows but I'm glad the Pats are in a position where they don't have to take such a gamble for a QB.

Word floating around the NFC South is that Carolina thinks Newton is the answer to their QB woes and is preparing to select him #1 overall. I don't see it, but being a Saints fan, I guess I am happy to see him twice a year.

28 more days and we will know for sure.

Cam Newton - Whack! Whack!

WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA!!

Fozzie-bear.jpg

Most humble apologies to one and all: Just had to get that out'f my system. :D

Gee, a QB with an ego? Who woulda thunkit! When did that become news?
$cam has far more issues than an ego but I'm tired of writing my opinion. The day the Patriots draft someone like that will be the day I find a new team to root for. Puke.

:nono: tisk tisk
Sorry, I'm not obligated to root for the Patriots if they start drafting scumbags. Thankfully that won't likely be in he Kraft era and given Jonathan's age that shouldn't become an issue in my lifetime. The Patriots earn me as a fan, they aren't entitled to me. $cam can go be a scum some other place.

Cam got a 20 in the Wonderlic ...

1: Which color represents stop on a traffic light?

2: Are the girls hotter in underage night clubs.

3: How can you tell a high definition camera from a regular one?

Cam got a 20 in the Wonderlic ...

1: Which color represents stop on a traffic light?

2: Are the girls hotter in underage night clubs.

3: How can you tell a high definition camera from a regular one?

4: If Tommy has three apples, and Jenny has twice as many as Tommy, is sexual assault a crime?

5: Which of the following does not belong: Nail, hammer, wrench, cocaine.

6: If Auburn has $30,000, and USC has $20,000 what conference will you play in?

4: If Tommy has three apples, and Jenny has twice as many as Tommy, is sexual assault a crime?

5: Which of the following does not belong: Nail, hammer, wrench, cocaine.

6: If Auburn has $30,000, and USC has $20,000 what conference will you play in?

Newton:

4. Was Jenny willing?

5. But they all belong to me.

6. ??? (He gets half credit since his daddy helped him with that)

Sorry, I'm not obligated to root for the Patriots if they start drafting scumbags. Thankfully that won't likely be in he Kraft era and given Jonathan's age that shouldn't become an issue in my lifetime. The Patriots earn me as a fan, they aren't entitled to me. $cam can go be a scum some other place.

If you started rooting for another team that would be along the lines of fairweather(ism?)

If you started rooting for another team that would be along the lines of fairweather(ism?)
No it wouldn't but that's an issue for another thread.

$cam is scum and I'm glad he'll be headed elsewhere.

No it wouldn't but that's an issue for another thread.

$cam is scum and I'm glad he'll be headed elsewhere.

$cam may be scum, but $cam is also a beast. i'm just glad we have no need to "draft the beast". i wouldn't turn my back on my pats, but i would have to hold my nose.

in on cam newton hate thread

Last edited:
Cam Newton = JaMarcus Russel Part II.. If anyone wastes a first round pick on this guy, that GM should be shot or the Owner lose his team.

Newton is scum.. And over-rated..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents